a bald guy can only be happy if he has this style of body

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
well. AD'S dont block dopamine like AP's so i get what you saying.
Felt a rush of happiness and excitement almost all day long for some days in the last year lol

Today I'm feeling a bit down and drowsy because of SSRI withdrawal but that'll go away in a week or 2

Also gonna go out with my gf in a couple hours so yeah life isn't bad at all these days

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Felt a rush of happiness and excitement almost all day long for some days in the last year lol

Today I'm feeling a bit down and drowsy because of SSRI withdrawal but that'll go away in a week or 2

Also gonna go out with my gf in a couple hours so yeah life isn't bad at all these days
excitement is exactly what i felt pre medications. thats what i want to feel again. its the dopamine. when you block it you feel like sh*t

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Antipsychotic drugs are supposedly a lot more harsh than low dose antidepressants..

Antipsychotics really are, some can interfere with the heart rhythm and it's a life threatening emergency or feeling sedated, impaired cognition, weight gain etc. But again, if that person is at risk of suicide or harming others due to psychosis, the pros outweigh the cons. Antidepressants change lives too in a positive way for some people, if they are needed long term it's better than the pain of suffering, failure and bad lifestyle habits. And like you wrote once to DH, they don't change your beliefs with therapy like about looks (logically), just they rebalance the biochemistry of the brain = more energy, drive to see things in perspective and get the best out of your life whatever your goals maybe and numb the pain. Depression can be physiological, endogenous and not always a reaction to something in the past/present - but can also be the latter or both.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Antipsychotics really are, some can interfere with the heart rhythm and it's a life threatening emergency or feeling sedated, impaired cognition, weight gain etc. But again, if that person is at risk of suicide or harming others due to psychosis, the pros outweigh the cons. Antidepressants change lives too in a positive way for some people, if they are needed long term it's better than the pain of suffering, failure and bad lifestyle habits. And like you wrote once to DH, they don't change your beliefs with therapy like about looks (logically), just they rebalance the biochemistry of the brain = more energy, drive to see things in perspective and get the best out of your life whatever your goals maybe and numb the pain. Depression can be physiological, endogenous and not always a reaction to something in the past/present - but can also be the latter or both.
now show us your psychiatry degree. i want to see it

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The side effects of antipsychs really changes depending on the person. There are lots of progress that has been made in the last decades though

INT

Reaction score
well if i use google to give you just the highlights of what doctors say then i dont see anything wrong with that. its still doctors saying that. im just directing you to it with google. AD's do have low libido is a known side effect and many people reporting this side effect. also like many finasteride users report sexual side effects too. you just choose to close your eyes
You are moving the goal post and strawmanning me. I never said that AD's are side effect free. I was arguing against your quote where you said AD's are a scam. The definition of a scam is an illegal plan for making moneuy, especially one that involves tricking people (Cambridge dictionary)

So are AD's illegal? No? Do they trick people into thinking that they work whereas in reality they do not work? No, according to this thing called science (you should look into it, it's pretty good), it works. Now do they trick that people that they are completely 100% side effect free? No, it says so on the label.

So now tell me, how are AD's a scam?

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are moving the goal post and strawmanning me. I never said that AD's are side effect free. I was arguing against your quote where you said AD's are a scam. The definition of a scam is an illegal plan for making moneuy, especially one that involves tricking people (Cambridge dictionary)

So are AD's illegal? No? Do they trick people into thinking that they work whereas in reality they do not work? No, according to this thing called science (you should look into it, it's pretty good), it works. Now do they trick that people that they are completely 100% side effect free? No, it says so on the label.

So now tell me, how are AD's a scam?
well if they cause low libido on long term use then they are a scam because they suppose to be what their name is "anti depressents" and ED is the most depressing thing for a man. caused by the same drug who suppose to make you happy. yes all psychiatric drugs are a scam. no doubt about it. psychiatry is a huge scam for most people. its not science. neurology is science. when a person diagnosed with mental illness there isnt any actual proof hes mentali il. no brain scan or anything. nothing

INT

Reaction score
well if they cause low libido on long term use then they are a scam because they suppose to be what their name is "anti depressents" and ED is the most depressing thing for a man. caused by the same drug who suppose to make you happy. yes all psychiatric drugs are a scam. no doubt about it. psychiatry is a huge scam for most people. its not science. neurology is science. when a person diagnosed with mental illness there isnt any actual proof hes mentali il. no brain scan or anything. nothing

Luckily, science does not agree with you. AD’s are successful for the majority of people. You just put your personal anecdotes above scientific literature and seem to be too scientifically illiterate to understand that what you are saying is complete bogus.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Luckily, science does not agree with you. AD’s are successful for the majority of people. You just put your personal anecdotes above scientific literature and seem to be too scientifically illiterate to understand that what you are saying is complete bogus.
tell me how much of a man of "science" are you exactly. love people like you. anyone who dissagree with you is apperantly dissagree with science. yep. thats science. not your personal bias. its a fact that psychiatry is a scam.

INT

Reaction score
tell me how much of a man of "science" are you exactly. love people like you. anyone who dissagree with you is apperantly dissagree with science. yep. thats science. not your personal bias. its a fact that psychiatry is a scam.

I have published research under my name, if you really want to know.
I am disagreeing with you, I am disagreeing with the statement that psychiatry is a scam because it has been proven to work for most people over and over again. Even if there would be any value in your own anecdote (there isn't obviously) than your comment would still be flawed. You only have experience with ONE AD but generalize that one experience to the entire field of psychiatry.
Did you ever get tested for autism? It seems like you lack the ability to understand that there is a different perspective than your own and have difficulties with nuance in general.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have published research under my name, if you really want to know.
I am disagreeing with you, I am disagreeing with the statement that psychiatry is a scam because it has been proven to work for most people over and over again. Even if there would be any value in your own anecdote (there isn't obviously) than your comment would still be flawed. You only have experience with ONE AD but generalize that one experience to the entire field of psychiatry.
Did you ever get tested for autism? It seems like you lack the ability to understand that there is a different perspective than your own and have difficulties with nuance in general.

It's really nice what you're doing, offering real advice based on your credentials but it will most likely fall on deaf ears and that reflects on actual interactions face to face as you know which go both ways. Some new people have no idea that there are actually quite a few qualified people on here beyond using google but better to offer advice to those that have made the first step so to speak, some people simply can't/won't.

INT

Reaction score
It's really nice what you're doing, offering real advice based on your credentials but it will most likely fall on deaf ears and that reflects on actual interactions face to face as you know which go both ways. Some new people have no idea that there are actually quite a few qualified people on here beyond using google but better to offer advice to those that have made the first step so to speak, some people simply can't/won't.

I got to admit, some people on here I try to help, but discussions like this I simply do because I hate stupidity. We all have our weaknesses:p.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've looked up from academic sources myself antidepressants are not recommended for long term use

They are valuable as a short term stabilizer no doubt but they aren't happiness in a pill either

INT

Reaction score
From what I've looked up from academic sources myself antidepressants are not recommended for long term use

They are valuable as a short term stabilizer no doubt but they aren't happiness in a pill either

They are not happiness pills. Happiness pills are a different kind of drug.

In some cases it is better to use AD's as a temporary, but in some cases it is necesarry to use it long term.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are not happiness pills. Happiness pills are a different kind of drug.

In some cases it is better to use AD's as a temporary, but in some cases it is necesarry to use it long term.
What is the happiness pills? Illegal narcotics I'm guessing.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
1638309624082.png

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, but I doubt it. They are to deep into their own bias.

Can't save everyone, nature of the game. It's the same in any field, sometimes they can't help it or even if they can, it's not enough for long term changes. I'm sure the ones that are are amenable to change benefit from you which is all you can do.

It's the media that gave that unfortunate name, "happy pills." When the reality is they are there to reduce pain, increase motivation and set the wheels in motion. Making someone feel "less s***" is probably more accurate for the pills. People should work on creating their own happiness and reality, that requires introspection, no pills or therapy will really do that for anyone, only provide some assistance in the form of a GPS. Both also alter the brain in terms of a better integrated neural system and decreasing activity in limbic and paralimbic areas. People with depression have altered functioning here, it can even be seen in radiology and changes in hippocampal volume for example.

Also some people just can't be happy as it's in their nature to have serious mood disturbances, little ups and downs are normal for anyone though. The problem with long term use for these pills is it can become a real dependency and you almost forget how it is to feel normal emotions, hard withdrawal too, you might not feel sadness the same way you should and that is no good thing either. So ideally it's short term but plenty of people are on it for life, they just feel more hurt without them and it would affect all areas of their life negatively.

@BurningCoals enjoyed that!