A 22 Y/o Baldy's Inspiring Tale (w/ Pics Brahs)

Broot

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started thinning like 17 or 18 probably, but did not really notice/take interest til I was about 21 (pretty wild I know). At that point I was fairly thin at the back/top, itchy all over, and hairline around NW2-3 or so. Basically buzzed it as soon as I got several comments and realized how I looked from behind and went from there. After a while I jumped on 5% minoxidil foam and I've roughly maintained it for the last year or so (probably regrown a little). I was real depressed when I first buzzed it and kinda recognized the gravity of the situation. Since then, I've packed on like 25-30lbs (most of which muscle), accepted the look, and got a cute fun gf. For most people (I admit there may be rare exceptions), I think losing a lot hair early is not a fun thing but it is something that can be adapted to and made manageable. Depending how far gone you are, I'd recommend buzzing it as short as comfortable, using whatever treatments you feel safe using (no anti-androgens for me), and improving other aspects of your looks.

Pics are in the following comment.

Last edited:

aggresivebalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people don’t have the facial structure to pull of the bald look. Most people’s best bet is to fight it.

Broot

My Regimen
Reaction score
The look kind of works for you bro. But wait till you get older. You probably just fooling yourself for now. Time will tell.
Lol maybe. I'm not really claiming I look "good", I'm just saying that as a roughly average looking guy myself I can confirm that buzzing your head doesn't automatically equal death for average looking guys. Particularly if you can grow facial hair. Like Logic aint that handsome and he looks fine with the buzzed head.

Broot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people don’t have the facial structure to pull of the bald look. Most people’s best bet is to fight it.
I don't think I have a particularly good face or head-shape for the look. I just buzzed it off and ppl eventually got used to it. I really do think most average looking balding guys should do what I did (in addition to whatever treatment they feel is safe) and slowly learn to pay less attention to their hair loss.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I have a particularly good face or head-shape for the look. I just buzzed it off and ppl eventually got used to it. I really do think most average looking balding guys should do what I did (in addition to whatever treatment they feel is safe) and slowly learn to pay less attention to their hair loss.
You look a lot better with buzzed hair.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your masculine with a thick frame obviously it works well for you. Most guys losing their hair that are here don't look like you.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look solid my dude - viking-esque, but that is the worst-fitted white shirt I've ever seen.

Kinda looks like something you'd see in a highschool Shakespear musical lol

Broot

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look solid my dude - viking-esque, but that is the worst-fitted white shirt I've ever seen.

Kinda looks like something you'd see in a highschool Shakespear musical lol
Bahahahahha it's really that bad?? Too big around the waist?

Broot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another just shave it thread. No thanks.
False. I'm not saying it's a good option for EVERYBODY, I'm simply saying that buzzing/shaving your head is a very real option for a lot of ppl and allows you to mentally move on to some extent. I personally do think I look a bit worse, but it's not the end of the world and not complete sexual death. Plus I'm not telling you not to try and treat it, just that there is a decent fallback available to a lot of normal looking guys.