6+ Year TS Progress - NW6 to full(ish) head of hair

TheNazz

Reaction score
Congratulations on your achievements. I'm fairly new to this , in particular the hair transplant side of things. One question I have is: For anyone who does have a hair transplant so they have to take/use Finasteride and Minoxidal after their transplant? And is this indefinite? Cheers

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think most do, the two go hand in hand.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Nearly 12 full months since my last transplant and the difference to my hairline is staggering, and there are still more little hairs growing!

I have a really full hairline now, natural looking and just from the front triangle section for a fringe, nothing like the comb-over type fringes I used to have to style.

I've been updating my site recently so it looks a bit different now, I'll add new photos later today and post links here.

Excal

Reaction score
This is pretty amazing :) Were you always capable of growing your hair that long? Or is that due to some treatment or medication?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Well then, it's been nearly two years since the last transplant. I think it's time to get another hair transplant, fingers crossed the last one I need to finish the job :)

Obviously Dr. Rogers is top of the list, especially as he and his team are skilled enough to get the results without me having to shave my scalp, but as with last time I'll give the others a call too.

Other than Farjo and Feller (who I'll give a second chance to, maybe he's improved is customer service), is there anyone else I should consider?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Well then, it's been nearly two years since the last transplant. I think it's time to get another hair transplant, fingers crossed the last one I need to finish the job :)

Obviously Dr. Rogers is top of the list, especially as he and his team are skilled enough to get the results without me having to shave my scalp, but as with last time I'll give the others a call too.

Other than Farjo and Feller (who I'll give a second chance to, maybe he's improved is customer service), is there anyone else I should consider?

If you consider Feller (= flying abroad), you should consider H&W since they produce the best results.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Cheers, Shma, I would definitely consider H&W, but they are unable to perform procedures where the patient does not have a shaved head. Or has this policy changed now?
(I have no problem flying anywhere in the world, there just needs to be a good reason for it :) )

GeminiX

Reaction score
So it's been nearly 8 years since I joined this forum looking for advice on getting a hair trasplant and here I am about to have my third.

I've finished months of shopping around and various consults and I've decided that I'm going to go back to Dr. Rogers at his clinic in London, there is simply no better option anywhere for any price and besides which, I really like him :)

Other surgeons claimed to offer more grafts in a session, but Dr. Rogers is one of the most consistently good surgeons in the world right now and his placement technique is so good that he always seems to get better results than surgeons who say they are doing double the number of grafts.

Here are some recent photos showing my progress:

195954_10151165263677437_631870274_n.jpg 255278_10151167830437437_428092673_n.jpg 251505_10151193204307437_680795807_n.jpg

The next procedure is mainly going to build up what's there, a bit more in the temples and generally thicken up the top of the scalp and crown.

I'm going for another strip procedure. The donor area from the last two procedures has healed perfectly so there is plenty of donor area left for more work.

As with last time, I'll be live-blogging though the procedure with video and pictures. Once the date is set I'll post it here and my social network x

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice pics Gemini, and thanks for the updates. Your hair looks great and it seems like hormone therapy allows for longer length hair?!

How can one access your social network and blog? Do you do Twitter? If not, now would be a great time as you would get many followers.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Nice pics Gemini, and thanks for the updates. Your hair looks great and it seems like hormone therapy allows for longer length hair?!

How can one access your social network and blog? Do you do Twitter? If not, now would be a great time as you would get many followers.

Thank you Tembo, I think the hormones help with the overall hair quality, plus I pay a lot of attention to taking care of it.

I think I have about 50,000 followers on Twitter :)

https://twitter.com/daniellehallett
https://www.facebook.com/danielle.hallett

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a ton of followers. Now you have one more. How do you afford all these procedures!?!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Wow that's a ton of followers. Now you have one more. How do you afford all these procedures!?!

Thank you, post me your @twitter and I'll follow you right back :)

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey for some reason I can not PM on this new forum (says my account is full when I have hardly any saved messages).

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think it was my inbox being full, the new forum private mail seems to be tiny compared to the old one. I've deleted the contents of mine now so you should be able to PM me.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hello all, long time no post.

Just a little update to say that I'm going for another transplant tomorrow with Dr. Rogers in London.

As with the last time I'm going to be live-blogging and posting photographs during the procedure, there will also be updates on my Facebook and Twitter feeds :)

This will probably be the last full transplant I'll need, the goal is to fill in some areas on the crown to add to the overall density. Exciting times x

GeminiX

Reaction score
Just got out theatre from having the strip removed. The techs are harvesting the hair grafts and I'm eating a sandwich.

Not looking forward to the next part where each incision sounds 'crunchy' like walking on snow x

Last edited:

GeminiX

Reaction score
Long time, no post, just a quick update.

Though some creative extensions, several hair transplants and over a two decades of meds, I am no longer worrying about my hair. This being said, I have recently (finally) lost most of the excess weight I was carrying and had crazy (probably temporary) hair loss for a year.

Here is a fairy recent picture with my hair 'done nice' for my friends wedding.

kimberley_paul_0255.png

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time, no post, just a quick update.

Though some creative extensions, several hair transplants and over a two decades of meds, I am no longer worrying about my hair. This being said, I have recently (finally) lost most of the excess weight I was carrying and had crazy (probably temporary) hair loss for a year.

Here is a fairy recent picture with my hair 'done nice' for my friends wedding.

View attachment 110449
You’ve lost a great deal of weight! Good for you.