6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair thins and recedes every f*****g day. Like every time I get out of the shower I'm more bald. This wasn't the case before finasteride. Do I have RH? This is bullshit.
that's not a normal rate of balding.

Visit a derm and get a biopsy. If you don't know what you have, you won't be able to treat it.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never heard of finasteride being prescribed for Telogen Effluvium. Maybe minoxidil. Minoxidil withdrawal can cause Telogen Effluvium also though
minoxidil can cause Telogen Effluvium period. As can finasteride. Nevermind withdrawal. This is why I'm not willing to go on either and let things ride out for a while.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never heard of finasteride being prescribed for Telogen Effluvium. Maybe minoxidil. Minoxidil withdrawal can cause Telogen Effluvium also though
I meant finasteride can cause Telogen Effluvium. One of the causes of Telogen Effluvium is hormonal changes/imbalance.

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isnt a speculation, im not winning anything with this. Im here Just to share my case. And this is what happened with me. I think you are sensitive
Same sh*t has happened to me since starting to treat my hair with 5ARs. DONT NOT START DUTA. When I added duta 5 months ago my shedding Increased significantly bad hairline has been crushed. I’m in the process of tapering off.
What are u using now?

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant finasteride can cause Telogen Effluvium. One of the causes of Telogen Effluvium is hormonal changes/imbalance.
Bingo.

It can be chronic too if you keep taking it.

I'd say anyone who sheds more than a couple months on finasteride should get the f*** off. They will just keep on shedding as the the finasteride will continue to perpetuate the Telogen Effluvium.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So afraid I might have it. Another 200 hairs plus today. Not even kidding my hairline is getting worse by the day. Pics are a year apart. This last one has been the worst on my hair times 10. Red dots are comparison points. I think tapering off duta and oral min plus adding tropical min has crushed it
Can't say I see much but if the meds aren't helping they are probably hindering and maybe you should get off all of them.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not a normal rate of balding.

Visit a derm and get a biopsy. If you don't know what you have, you won't be able to treat it.

Derm said it's classic male pattern baldness

I'm under a lot of stress. Does stress counteract finasteride? I worry about that

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derm said it's classic male pattern baldness

I'm under a lot of stress. Does stress counteract finasteride? I worry about that
Stress-caused hair loss is very rare. Rarer than you being teleported to the moon due to quantum phenomenas. Take your meds and stop worrying because its not beneficial at all.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress-caused hair loss is very rare. Rarer than you being teleported to the moon due to quantum phenomenas. Take your meds and stop worrying because its not beneficial at all.

I don't understand why the thick hairs shed.. I get a mix of different hair that sheds

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm still minaturizing. Hair on my crown is insanely thin and i barely have any hairline left. Am i really suddenly gonna improve in a few months? I doubt this

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there is a clear and bad worsening, you should change/add something.

basketbull

Reaction score
I think I'm still minaturizing. Hair on my crown is insanely thin and i barely have any hairline left. Am i really suddenly gonna improve in a few months? I doubt this
I don’t understand, why everyone keeps on shoving finasteride and similar drugs down our throat. Even minoxidil for that matter. I remember taking minoxidil like 4 years ago, because i started panicking about my hairline, even though i was like a norwood 1.5, with insanely thick hair. (You do the most darnest things, when you start panicking.) anyway from the moment i started applying minoxidil, it’s like my scalp and the liquid had a massive fight, and my hair started to thin considerably, with an itchy and inflamed scalp. I stopped after like 4 weeks, but as a result, my scalp has become has sensitive ever since, i didn’t have any scalp problems to begin with. Anyway fortunately, i managed to find a shampoo that a derma advised me to get, and lord behold, my hair is back to normal with the original density. The moral of the story is, even though you may have a receding hairline at a young age, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re destined for a norwood 8. Sometimes you should just ride it out, because you might not even get any hair loss, as everyone is different. It just seems like these drugs mess with the equilibrium, as the body, and hormonal system are so f*****g complex.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t understand, why everyone keeps on shoving finasteride and similar drugs down our throat. Even minoxidil for that matter. I remember taking minoxidil like 4 years ago, because i started panicking about my hairline, even though i was like a norwood 1.5, with insanely thick hair. (You do the most darnest things, when you start panicking.) anyway from the moment i started applying minoxidil, it’s like my scalp and the liquid had a massive fight, and my hair started to thin considerably, with an itchy and inflamed scalp. I stopped after like 4 weeks, but as a result, my scalp has become has sensitive ever since, i didn’t have any scalp problems to begin with. Anyway fortunately, i managed to find a shampoo that a derma advised me to get, and lord behold, my hair is back to normal with the original density. The moral of the story is, even though you may have a receding hairline at a young age, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re destined for a norwood 8. Sometimes you should just ride it out, because you might not even get any hair loss, as everyone is different. It just seems like these drugs mess with the equilibrium, as the body, and hormonal system are so f*****g complex.

Norwood 1.5 is not balding. Anything past NW2 is. But a mature hairline (NW2) does not automatically mean you WILL go bald.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna be bald in a couple months..

Look at this sh*t. Why won't the shedding end..

Attachments

• 20190812_200031.jpg
    20190812_200031.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 525

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Literally this happens each week:

I shed hard. Then it slows down to almost nothing.

Then the next week another big shed.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sick of the fact that no one has an answer for me.

dude finasteride doesn’t regrow hair, it just maintains. your hair looks the same in all the pics. it’s a pause button moreso then a regrowth pill. i’m sorry , maybe you hopped on a little late. if it stays the same for a year consider a transplant

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nothing is funny when you're depressed.

You either have Tellogen effluvium or you're sensitive to T.
In case 1: continue finasteride. If its Telogen Effluvium, hair will grow back given enough time. However, some people here, like buckthorn, got Telogen Effluvium from finasteride and the hair never came back.
In case 2: add an AA to finasteride. spironolactone, cpa or bica (bica is recommended). Do research on each drug and chose wisely, if you're going this route.

just wondering . what’s with people saying “sensitive to testosterone”. is that a proven thing ? i’m almost positive all hairloss is due to dht, and if finasteride or duta doesn’t work it means your follicles are super sensitive to it

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
like do you have pics of before you started finasteride? might not be getting worse could just be staying the same, in which case, finasteride is working

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just wondering . what’s with people saying “sensitive to testosterone”. is that a proven thing ? i’m almost positive all hairloss is due to dht, and if finasteride or duta doesn’t work it means your follicles are super sensitive to it
If DHT is the only cause of hair loss, duta would stop hair loss in all cases, which is not true.
Hair loss is caused by sensitivity to androgens. T and DHT are both androgens.