6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your story Scottio. Very encouraging. I was on finasteride before for about 2 years with no noticeable result except maybe maintenance. I quit in January and started regaine twice a day. People have recently started commenting that my hair looks better. Seems to be filling out a bit. Not there yet but I'm about to add back in the finasteride and see where it goes from there. Maybe the two together will somehow work when finasteride alone didn't seem to do much. Glad to see you had so much success.

Edit: also, amazing that you got your hairline back so well. That really gives me hope.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results, my hair alot worse than yours so naturally i have nowhere near your results, still not at the 6 month mark though. Given the time i would say minoxidil was doing most of the heavy lifting at first. I can't use minoxidil due to sides but im hoping finasteride will help me regrow some of my crown back, although i think i may not have caught it in time.

Last edited:

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you got sides.
Is it fair to say that 100% of people who use finasteride get sides, and not the 3% that Merck claim. I've not seen anyone on here say they did not get sides. And then you have people who say things like '' I did not get sides, no morning wood now, and semen is low and water, some brain fog but I've not had any side'' Yes someone on here said that, LIKE WTF.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you got sides.
Is it fair to say that 100% of people who use finasteride get sides, and not the 3% that Merck claim. I've not seen anyone on here say they did not get sides. And then you have people who say things like '' I did not get sides, no morning wood now, and semen is low and water, some brain fog but I've not had any side'' Yes someone on here said that, LIKE WTF.

I got sides but tbh they were very minimum and even maybe it was all in my head like the itchy nipples which lasted a few weeks then disappeared.

I've never had any sides other than that really but I do believe the sides rates are much higher than 3% but for me it's was worth it because it gave me back my hair which was seriously on it's way out.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one of the best sucess story !
stil no dark circle with minoxidil ?
Not really anything noticeable

image.jpg

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one of the best sucess story !
stil no dark circle with minoxidil ?

This man has a fetish with the dark circles or and minoxidil sides lol..... news flash you don’t get sides from minoxidil

By the way great results OP I’ve been following this success from the start.. I’ve been getting some good regrowth myself not as good as yours but I’m still only just gone past month 3... I’m hoping by Xmas my crown will be fully filled in

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t! I just looked at your latest pic and your hair looks fuckin awesome! And you had WAY more hairloss than me when you started. Your hair has had such a transformation and in your earlier pics too. From 6 months. I am having an up and down experience with it. i am about 3.5 months on minoxidil - been also using finasteride for many years. Initially I was thinking it was working and bulking up my hair but now I am wondering whether that was placebo and nothing has changed. I am again unhappy with how my hair looks. Guess I will need to wait a full 6 months and see how things are then

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxodil no good for me, gives me a rash and hives instantly so I can't use it. Never tired finasteride, but I did obtain a prescription for it just last week so I might go ahead and try it. I fully expect sides, as like I said it's bull crap that 3% get sides. I know 100% I will get sides, not 3%, 100%

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxodil no good for me, gives me a rash and hives instantly so I can't use it. Never tired finasteride, but I did obtain a prescription for it just last week so I might go ahead and try it. I fully expect sides, as like I said it's bull crap that 3% get sides. I know 100% I will get sides, not 3%, 100%

You don't know for sure, I have around 5 friends now on Finasteride (generic) and not one of them has reported anything bar myself (itchy nipples).

I can only go by my own and people I know experiences. You will however be more likely to experience sides if you go into this thinking the worst will happen because it's then in the mind and the mind is a powerful thing. I'm not so sure you should start this if you feel this way.

Riddim

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you started to get results, was it gradual over time or did it happen really fast? That is, results that are noticeable at a glance, not inspecting the scalp under light.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you started to get results, was it gradual over time or did it happen really fast? That is, results that are noticeable at a glance, not inspecting the scalp under light.

Gradual really, nothing notable changed for a few months but maybe by month 4 I could notice a big difference.