45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
SE.

I remember you posting something like "I've just shed 400 + hairs today"

I felt for you man!

Congratulations!

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't this 2 1/2 month story be moved to the "Success stories" before HairLossTalk.com get's 'The tits on!'.

Just do it quick, he won't notice!

SE-freak

Reaction score
Withnail: thanks man

I understand I have started becoming a bore.

No impressive changes from now on, sorry about the lighting change(outdoors) but honestly my thinning would not get more obvious. I am not shedding a single hair and my temples keep moving forward. I will be updating if something changes. National service awaits and could have an impact on my regimen routine. In any case, I do expect some sheds to come, not shedding a single hair is not normal to begin with and will have to pay the price. :)

95daysin3gc.jpg

Britannia

Reaction score

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-Freak,

I apologize for the ignorance, but is SE really Scalp Exercises? If so, what are they? How do you do them?

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
SE freak u the inspiration man!. Thanks for sticking to ur regimen and reaping this awesome results..all these days I was thinking did anyone got regrowth with all these results..U rock...U boosted our confidence faith..etc..Keep it going..
Will Regrow Hair.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
jumpedthegun said:
you'd have to shave your head back down to the length in the original photo to properly assess regrowth since the length makes a significant difference in coverage. but, your hair looks good so no sense in shaving it off to prove an irrelavent point.

Seconded. I do not feel like doing it though.

do you, in fact, do scalp exercises? i've never heard you speak of them. do you attribute any benefit to them?

I never post about it cause I don't want to get waters muddy. There is no proof backing SE. That said, I had managed(?) to reduce my shedding and dandruff several months back. It could be a calm break between two male pattern baldness storms. Very irritating isn't it? Noone can really know wtf is working or not and for how long in this game.

The one-month-in temporal sprout was impressive and unexpected and it could ( or couldn't) be because of the several hours of SE daily during the previous months. I do not want to get people wiggling their ears. The most probable scenario is that I am a good responder to a certain chemical portion of my regimen.

Good to see your results SE.

I would personally recommend the scalp exercises, and suggest that these will SIGNIFICANTLY boost the results of "any" other male pattern baldness treatment regime.

I have argued my reasons for believing this before, and people should remember that it costs nothing but a little time.

I would also suggest another "free" tactic that people could use. This is based on the inversion technique that some claim helps in male pattern baldness, this is "hanging upside down" for a period.

The claim is that this increases blood flow "to" the follicles. But i think the act of reversing the fluid dynamics of the scalp for a while, exercises all the blood and tissue fluid related vessels in the scalp, to effect male pattern baldness. I also think you only have to affect this "change" for a short period.

I have seen a personal increase in hair growth just by lying on the floor with my legs up a wall for a couple of minutes twice a day whilst massaging the scalp.

If someone is already using topicals, these can be applied whilst in this position. Again this costs nothing but the same amount of time you would normally spend applying your topicals.

Good luck.

S Foote.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The time spent doing the exercises would give a proportional return in hair growth. the more time doing the exercise - the more hair growth. It appears to be a law of proportional returns, not a law of dininishing returns, as I first thought it was.

http://d-mis-web.ana.bris.ac.uk/calnet/ ... /page3.htm

There also appears to be a correlation between diuretic effects and hair growth? I recall seeing a television program several years ago, wheere a person who was significantly bald, underwent a heart transplant. Then, several months later, whatever drugs they were giving this person had a strange side effect. They had a full head of hair. No one seemed to notice it though. I did. :hairy:

http://heart.healthcentersonline.com/di ... etics5.cfm

:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

Rarely, potassium-sparing diuretics may produce breast enlargement in males and females, causes breast tenderness, deepening of the voice, increased hair growth, irregular menstrual periods and unusual sweating.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wookiewannabe said:
The time spent doing the exercises would give a proportional return in hair growth. the more time doing the exercise - the more hair growth. It appears to be a law of proportional returns, not a law of dininishing returns, as I first thought it was.

http://d-mis-web.ana.bris.ac.uk/calnet/ ... /page3.htm

There also appears to be a correlation between diuretic effects and hair growth? I recall seeing a television program several years ago, wheere a person who was significantly bald, underwent a heart transplant. Then, several months later, whatever drugs they were giving this person had a strange side effect. They had a full head of hair. No one seemed to notice it though. I did. :hairy:

http://heart.healthcentersonline.com/di ... etics5.cfm

:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

Rarely, potassium-sparing diuretics may produce breast enlargement in males and females, causes breast tenderness, deepening of the voice, increased hair growth, irregular menstrual periods and unusual sweating.

Yes, the "fluid" related links are there if people care to look for them.

I would add a couple more facts in support of scalp "lymphoedema" as the mechanism behind male pattern baldness as i propose.

First devices like the laser comb. Here are the known effects of laser theropy on tissues.

http://www.centurion-systems.co.uk/effectsoflaser.htm

Secondly there is a clear precedent for edema, in particular lympedema caused for whatever reason, creating scalp hair loss.

http://alopecia.researchtoday.net/archive/1/2/66.htm

Quote:

"RESULTS: Two cases of lipedematous alopecia and one of lipedematous scalp in 3 white women had echographic confirmation of an increased subcutaneous layer. The presence of ectatic lymphatic vessels in the two cases with hair loss was particularly emphasized."

Ectatic or stretched/enlarged lymph vessels, do not efficiently move fluid.

Regards.

S Foote.

SE-freak

Reaction score
helllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo :)

thanks to all for their replies!

I must be on my 6 month mark. well...

Still following the same routine. During the last 3 months my hair got better than ever before. It seemed like fur rather than hair. Can you picture the redhaired wolf girl from the young X mutants? something like that. Something weird also happened. I was not losing a single strand of hair after my initial shed. Not one, nomatter how hard I pulled. The crown area kept filling in- the quality of the hairs there though was not the same as the strands of the occipital area. It was softer yet not lacking sufficient pigmentation and coverage. My hair got black :O(well ...almost).

I kept receiving comments like: "what have you done with your hair??? oh! your hair is so dense and black!! you are like a hedgehog! girls touching my head and similar stuff. I am sure many of these guys thought i had "something done" , but I do not really care haha

NO SIDES whatsoever. My championship wacking records are similar to those of my teenage past. Libido intact, sperm quality quantity very satisfactory(not that you care) mental focus was tested during my thesis work and presentation, that was really hard work and I did great. As for mood, having been slapped by this sh*t gets you on the dark side, but that could be good. I feel a bit stronger and with a better perspective regarding our limited time.(haha I cheered you up again :p)

Hair is sprouting everywhere in the temple areas, I can see hair where there was none before. And my hairline was ok to begin with. But changes there seem to be taking much more time(cycles) to become obvious.

Anyway, not-shedding-a-single-hair days are over. And I knew they would come to an end. During the last 2-3 weeks I am going through a shed which reminds me of my original shed when I started on treatments. I am losing lesser quality hairs(though now they are longer and dark) from the crown. I tend to believe that this is a "second click" towards hair shafts of greater diameter. I was really expecting this shed, so this is not the reason I replied to this thread.

No panic, no doubt(no doubt? I doubt everything)

...I just missed you.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Haha,
thanks SE-Freak for the update.
I'm sure your hair is going to come back even thicker than ever.

G

SE-freak said:
Hair is sprouting everywhere in the temple areas, I can see hair where there was none before. And my hairline was ok to begin with. But changes there seem to be taking much more time(cycles) to become obvious.

Are you currently applying or have you applied minoxidil to your temple areas? (considering you never had a problem there.)