45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

SE-freak

Reaction score
Shave my poodle said:
Great results!

Se-Freak at what point were you shedding the 400+ a day you mention? was it within the first few weeks and how long did this shed last?

My shed started two weeks in and lasted for about a week. Then the hairs shed were noticeably reduced, then went normal and now are nearly zero. I tug test any part of my scalp(and I mean forcefully) and cannot get a single hair to come off.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously man, I don't know if it's the finasteride talking or what, but I just want to kiss you for posting those results. I'm absolutely inspired!

SE-freak

Reaction score
jumpedthegun said:
you'd have to shave your head back down to the length in the original photo to properly assess regrowth since the length makes a significant difference in coverage. but, your hair looks good so no sense in shaving it off to prove an irrelavent point.

Seconded. I do not feel like doing it though.

do you, in fact, do scalp exercises? i've never heard you speak of them. do you attribute any benefit to them?

I never post about it cause I don't want to get waters muddy. There is no proof backing SE. That said, I had managed(?) to reduce my shedding and dandruff several months back. It could be a calm break between two male pattern baldness storms. Very irritating isn't it? Noone can really know wtf is working or not and for how long in this game.

The one-month-in temporal sprout was impressive and unexpected and it could ( or couldn't) be because of the several hours of SE daily during the previous months. I do not want to get people wiggling their ears. The most probable scenario is that I am a good responder to a certain chemical portion of my regimen.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good results, congrats.

G

SE-freak said:
Helpmeregrow said:
So again I go... Was it minoxidil or Propecia responsible for the frontal thickening I see ??

Sorry for not answering your question initially HMR. Many people ask others what is helping them. Is there any way one can know? Minoxidil is a stimulant, so my guess is that it is "acting" with the "help" of the improved environment provided by finasteride.

I am asking because I am deciding whether to Embark on minoxidil or Not... its going to be a life long commitment i guess (as long as I want hair) and I have already dropped minoxidil once at 20 days...

How can one think of 6 minutes throughout the day spent to apply minoxidil while you spend so many hours thinking about your hair and losing energy? minoxidil is often treated as "the ultimate defeat" by some. It is just a growth stimulant. It gets you hairier. If you want extra hair you use it. If you stop wanting it you quit.

I am thinking of adding minoxidil after a year when I can asses if Propecia is working or not... its better to have one addiction than two...also the Falky stuff left from minoxidil looks like daindruff on my head it its very messy.. but then sometimes I think if i start early I can regrow all I lost in the past 6 months and I am not sure how flawed this logic is.. Any thoughts ?

Britannia

Reaction score
Hmmmm Good results SE, but what happened to your usual anatomical avatars?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
AH – THE FREAK IS BACK!!

I was wondering why you hadn’t posted for a while.

No doubt you’re too busy flaunting your new hair and rubbing it in endless pairs of bountiful bosoms.

Nice work dude!! If I start losing ground at any stage soon I’m gonna have to buy some quick drying minoxidil and start morning applications too.

Keep us posted, SE.

Def

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
hey SE I was kind of wondering where you had got to also - thankyou for the insightful, eloquent, and illustrative update of your current situation.

its much appreciated.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Thanks to all for your positive comments. Especially to Def and Solo, who initially helped me decide on a regimen.

I will update with any changes.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up this dead topic :(

Very nice results, buddy.

Although the hair length differs in the photo's, you appear to be doing really well.
I chalk it up to the scalp excercise.

I look upon your frontal hairline with envious eyes, you hairy bastard! :(
f*** this norwoord 2.

SE, you're only balding in the areas where its easiest to regrow hair. That makes me angry.
I'm balding in the friggin hardest place to regrow hair. I'd trade places with you in a second, and you can take that as a compliment.

SE-freak

Reaction score
TheOliviaTremorControl said:
Although the hair length differs in the photo's

anagen9pp.jpg

Petchsky

Reaction score
Looks like your going for a full recovery. Great results, i think you may become the new poster boy for HairLossTalk.com. :D

G

Very encouraging results SE - FREAK !

I wish I have something similar although i do not have any baldspots (I think), I d love to have the frontal thickening you've had ....

Personally what do you attribute it to from your regimen (I know this is an inappropriate question) but what does your gut/logical feeling say...
What percentages ?

Propecia - % ??
minoxidil - % ??
Nizoral - % ??
SE - %??
Other - % ??
Positive attidude - % ?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats SE!!! Awesome results, may i say though you had the strangest hair loss pattern ive seen! haha

SE-freak

Reaction score
Helpmeregrow said:
Personally what do you attribute it to from your regimen (I know this is an inappropriate question) but what does your gut/logical feeling say...
What percentages ?

Propecia - % ??
minoxidil - % ??
Nizoral - % ??
SE - %??
Other - % ??
Positive attidude - % ?

You have asked me before and I will reply just for the fun of it. There is no point in guessing.

I think that I had very good scalp health and that minoxidil came as an explosion. Boom. I am basically a good responder to minoxidil-I think.

Though, I have seen thickening in areas that I do not apply minoxidil. So I might be responding to finasteride pretty well too.

Let me fill your quiz in:

Propecia:25%(providing a solid ground for regrowth)
minoxidil: 60%
Nizoral+SE: 15%

haha that must have been the most useless estimation ever.

Like I said before there is no way of knowing. The fact that finasteride *alone* might give results(regrowth) in 5-6 months and minoxidil *alone* has the potential of providing results much sooner cannot lead to any conclusions regarding the combo of drugs. Too simplistic.

SE-freak

Reaction score
JayB said:
Congrats SE!!! Awesome results, may i say though you had the strangest hair loss pattern ive seen! haha

Thank you Jay, Petchsky,OTC and Socks.

My pattern was from outer space. One more thing creating the devastating extra room for denial.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Damn! Great Results! Keep doing what you're doing!