4 Month Finasteride Progress (positive)

Way2young4this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Like 95% of people who happen to have positive experiences with Finasteride, I was going to quietly tick by without shouting about it. However, there are too many of us who do this so I thought id share my very positive results.

background

23, balding since 17. Sucks.

Receding hairline for first 3 years, then thinning kicked in.

Tried rogaine in college but thought of 'the shed' stopped me after a grand total of 3 days.

5 years later thought id bite the bullet and try finasteride, reason being I started gyming a lot > way more testosterone > way more DHT > hairloss accelerated like mad. Checked the crown one day and was the thinnest I had ever seen it.

Was very, very anxious of 'the shed' when waiting for it to arrive, but quite literally as soon as I took the first 1mg finasteride tablet I no longer gave a sh%t and was ready to embrace it with welcome arms because that would mean almost certain success.

4 months down the line > amazing progress (no shed) and couldnt be happier, just a gutting regret that I didnt start years earlier.

PROGRESS

Attached...

1st photo roughly 4 months ago - taking that picture prompted me to start on finasteride 1mg daily

Last 2 pics taken 24-08-18 (2 hours ago)

40014947_422312661628154_1029385961567420416_n.jpg 40000883_251283742191401_6723698777070239744_n.jpg 40002198_232589854057780_1192517933390102528_n.jpg 39993416_272249726717350_5098350145716617216_n.jpg 40108424_2248187588751325_1337547511413342208_n.jpg 40003592_2237035089658315_4620435622723584_n.jpg

:)

My hair was a bit longer in the first pic than now, but not as much as the picture makes it appear. You can see the general condition of the hair is significantly improved from pic to pic

Now I throw Nizoral into the mix about 2-3 weekly if i remember

----------

Don't let the hypochondriacs over analysing every bit of information/rumour push you away from trying Finasteride. 9/10 'problems' are bollocks and the people with great results don't often report it - we are a world of complainers.

Last edited:

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great results im jelous you have had better sucess than i after 4months although im only on 0.25mg

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just finasteride, no minoxidil? Bruh I’ve been on finasteride for 3 months and my hair is worse than when I started...

Last edited:

NanoTech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results man, hoping I can get on finasteride once I turn 18 and not have to deal with any more recession on my hairline since it happens quite rapidly to guys on my fathers side of the fam.

Way2young4this

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just finasteride, no minoxidil? Bruh I’ve been on finasteride for 3 months and my hair is worse than when I started...

Nope, no Minoxidil.

Shedding is far more likely on Minoxidil than Finasteride due to the different ways they affect the hair.

Finasteride essentially de-strangles the hair from DHT and the improvement is more natural as the follicles get healthier.

I think there is a chance I went through a period of maybe 2 - 3 weeks during which some of my hair synced cycles and more fell than normal, but honestly I reckon that was just paranoia checking the mirror every day. Once I dropped the spot checks to once every 1 - 2 weeks the changes are far more distinguishable

Way2young4this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results man, hoping I can get on finasteride once I turn 18 and not have to deal with any more recession on my hairline since it happens quite rapidly to guys on my fathers side of the fam.

I hear you man. Every single male member of my mothers side has a polished head... every single one

Just cos your 18 i wouldn't jump onto 1mg finasteride though, stick to .25 or something to begin with. Don't wanna sound patronising but at 18 males hormones are still all over the place and throwing a blocker like finasteride into it will leave you a tad more susceptible to the annoying sides like unreliable libido etc (which btw the vast majority of people have no problems... all in peoples heads) and people still have great results on .25 - .50 the younger you are

NanoTech

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you man. Every single male member of my mothers side has a polished head... every single one

Just cos your 18 i wouldn't jump onto 1mg finasteride though, stick to .25 or something to begin with. Don't wanna sound patronising but at 18 males hormones are still all over the place and throwing a blocker like finasteride into it will leave you a tad more susceptible to the annoying sides like unreliable libido etc (which btw the vast majority of people have no problems... all in peoples heads) and people still have great results on .25 - .50 the younger you are
I’ll definitely keep this in mind. If I don’t suffer sides and it turns out successful at 0.25-0.50, what age do u think is proper to increase to the recommended 1mg dose?

Way2young4this

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest if you don't suffer the sides (chances are you wont) just bump it to 1mg after 2-3 months or so.

The most frustrating part of the entire process is the time it takes to see where you are with things, no such thing as a next day solution (even with transplant!)

Just don't read TOO much into sides etc. People exaggerate, lie or just dont know how to accurately describe things.

Loss of libido is the big puncher here but barely anyone can definitively say its down to finasteride. Libido changes anyway, you have one day where you're not feeling it or struggle etc and all of a sudden its finasterides fault. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where people have had issues but take it all with a pinch of salt.

NanoTech

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest if you don't suffer the sides (chances are you wont) just bump it to 1mg after 2-3 months or so.

The most frustrating part of the entire process is the time it takes to see where you are with things, no such thing as a next day solution (even with transplant!)

Just don't read TOO much into sides etc. People exaggerate, lie or just dont know how to accurately describe things.

Loss of libido is the big puncher here but barely anyone can definitively say its down to finasteride. Libido changes anyway, you have one day where you're not feeling it or struggle etc and all of a sudden its finasterides fault. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where people have had issues but take it all with a pinch of salt.
Appreciate the info. Just wondering, what brand of finasteride have you been taking?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh u regrew ur crown and it no longer looks like you're even balding, amazing.. 5 months on finas here and still shedding and losing hairs... Although I'm only on 0.5mg everyday

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its actually only about 83% of people who see some benefit. You are definitely in the top 10% of responders. Great results though! I'm envious.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results!

Two things I want to address from the OP and a reply in the thread:

1) I can GUARANTEE that your hair loss did not correlate to you starting to work out. If there is any relation it is coincidence.

2) Suggesting someone to go on .25 or .5mg due to less DHT inhibition makes no sense when there are plenty of studies showing there are very minor differences between DHT inhibition at .25, .5 or 1mg. I take .5mg as I feel like the lower dosages will inhibit less enzyme in certain areas, such as the brain, thus causing less side effects HOWEVER in serum, the DHT inhibition is basically the same.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your hair loss the few months before starting finasteride? Do you think it started accelerating badly before you got on treatment?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Tsk Tsk Tsk...Have you learned nothing? Give it more time! My hair got worse too, but over time, it is better...

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any side effects at the beginning? anything now? That's what people are also most interested in.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Do you now feel depressed all the time and have you grown boobs? According to the forums that is what happens to most people. Oh yeah and you have brain fog right where you cant think anymore?
I was going to try propecia, but then I realized im best off using nofap. After using nofap I think my hair is growing back!