3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase and hair loss - a theory from Tressless

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yer im sure some bozo on Reddit has the answer that none of the hundreds of thousands of scientists has.
LOL

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude what are you talking about? The study I am talking about is from jan 2018, the thread you refered is from 6 month earlier and the pics don't look like the same as the one you're addressing, are we talking about the same study?
I don’t know, i was referring to the apple mets n=250 study done by the university of naples.

EDIT: It’s the same study

Last edited:

joaopassos4444

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yer im sure some bozo on Reddit has the answer that none of the hundreds of thousands of scientists has.
LOL
Ohh sh*t man!! Imagine that the best growth stimulant we have has been accidentaly discovered by a bozo researching blood pressur (wich isn't even good for blood pressure), Imagine the best 5ar inhibitor being discovered by a bozo studying enlarged prostates. And now imagine a bozo on reddit connecting the dots. f*** this is hard times to be one of the hundreds of thousands of hair loss researchers. LOL

joaopassos4444

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know, i was referring to the apple mets n=250 study done by the university of naples.

Really? This really pisses me of, it is sponsored by an university and 8 authors all have agreed in falsifying results? This is really a very wild world. I based my research on some of the citations they used, and btw it is a very well conducted research and the amount of science is good, all that to use false pics? Really sad. I will update the post and at least point at the thread. Anyways doesn't invalidate anything but sure was good looking at how 125% looks like. Thanks

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is 3 alpha hydroxysteroid reductase even a thing? because I cant google it, I get 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase..?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly, it is the same "study" of "special" apples from Naple's area regrowing huge amounts of hair...... .

but the theory about 3HSD and common patterned hair loss is interesting, the only question is why only certains scalp areas diminish its concentration? Maybe chronic inflammation?

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, this will be the reason why smokers are so much balder than non-smokers, and why my hairloss, I have been chewing tobacco, has been worse lately.

The results suggest that nicotine and cotinine are competitive inhibitors of the HSD, an important enzyme involved in the metabolism of DHT and produce an accumulation of DHT. These products of cigarette smoking could alter androgen action in tissue such as skin and prostate.

Edit: Oh, I see that this was already addressed in a new post. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shouldnt that f*** up the hairline
Well it should if testosterone is worse than DHT, that increase in T is from DHT which is more destructive to hair. So it doesn't make sense. T causes also hair loss but it not as bad as DHT so you should have a significant slowdown in the loss with 2.5mg.

joaopassos4444

My Regimen
Reaction score
4-8 year olds don't have dht so it doesn't matter how many androgen receptors they have nor their sensitivity. I don't care to debate this though, the anti-dht theory crowd will never be happy. They deny what's right in front of them.
Thewhole point of the theory was to explain the DHT

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Ohh sh*t man!! Imagine that the best growth stimulant we have has been accidentaly discovered by a bozo researching blood pressur (wich isn't even good for blood pressure), Imagine the best 5ar inhibitor being discovered by a bozo studying enlarged prostates. And now imagine a bozo on reddit connecting the dots. f*** this is hard times to be one of the hundreds of thousands of hair loss researchers. LOL
I bet you feel like an absolute tool rn. Debunked less than 24 hours.
When an armchair biochemist tries to outdo actual scientists. Stick to Minecraft bro

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, he really did debunk it.
@pegasus2 is right. He is doing wishful thinking because the androgen hypothesis doesn't agree with him.
I think OP needs to see this pic:
362pclcicnv61.jpg