37 YO - Went from Norwood 5/6 to good regrowth in 6-7 months-pix

hairynewyork

Reaction score
I also added one more new item to my regime, retin-a cream. I've only applied it twice so far. I'm only going to use it a couple of times a week perhaps, mostly on my hairline and a little bit on the crown perhaps. I'm happy with my results so far, but I'm getting greedy and I'd like to try to thicken up a few areas now. I've read some good things about retin-a and how it might help the minoxidil, so I figured that I might as well give it a shot.

hairynewyork

Reaction score
Boru said:
Have you thought about Eucapil Fluridil?

I thought I had heard about most treatments, since I've been reading a ton of stuff regarding male pattern baldness in the past 6 months, but I hadn't heard of that one before, so I briefly looked into it, and I don't think it would be good for me, because of a few reasons. I read the small study/trial they conducted and they were mentioning how it was recommended to shampoo only twice a week, as water makes the product less effective. Shampooing that infrequently is simply not an option for me, it would be terrible for all of the other stuff I'm taking. I have to shampoo every day, and when they mentioned something about dry shampoo, I had pretty much discounted me personally using it. It also seemed expensive, so I think I'll pass on that. It seems that a few users had some ok results I guess, but for some reason, that product just didn't get me too excited. Thanks for the tip though.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I put fluridil on in the evening, so it won't be affected by moisture, so I can shampoo with Ketoconazole every day, leaving that on for half and hour or more. Something in my regimen is working. Good luck.

hairynewyork

Reaction score
Boru said:
I put fluridil on in the evening, so it won't be affected by moisture, so I can shampoo with Ketoconazole every day, leaving that on for half and hour or more. Something in my regimen is working. Good luck.

You are taking the big 3 afterall, so I would put my money on those giving you the good results. I found some rather long thread (17 pages) about Eucapil on this forum and after reading through some of it, I have to admit that I'm even more sceptical about that product now. There were a few users hyping that product so much, but they all seem to have mysteriously disappeared towards the end of the thread. If they would have had great results, surely, they could have posted some pix. I simply don't believe them, nor do I trust them. One dude was even talking about how Eucapil could replace finasteride, lol.

Good luck to you too.

:)

Reaction score
hairynewyork said:
losinghairsuddenly said:
Hairy NY great stuff.
I am new to this fight and I am 37 started using Propecia (first month)with shampoos (Fitoval 3,4 and Nizoral only once per week). What would be your suggestion to add or substitute to this combo.
One more time amazing success. You should be proud.
Congrats

Thanks again. There's one more FDA approved and proven item for hairloss that's missing from your list, minoxidil (rogaine/rogaine spinoffs/generics). From what I understand, Propecia is a DHT blocker, and minoxidil is a growth stimulant, and taking the two in conjunction with each other will provide superior results in most people, as opposed to just taking either one by itself. Minoxidil is a topical and it's usually applied twice per day. Many companies make minoxidil based products nowadays, Rogaine is just a brand name. You will have to continue taking it if you first start, otherwise you will eventually lose any new hairs regrown with it within a matter of months. If you don't like the liquid, greasy formulations of minoxidil, then you could always opt for the rogaine foam which is quite new, and dries very quick within minutes. A small percentage of people might have some minor side effects from minoxidil. I'm not familiar with the Fitoval shampoo, but the Nizoral Shampoo is a good item that many people use. I think that the best thing you could do is just read a whole lot about male pattern baldness for yourself, and you'll be able to make good decisions about what to try based upon what you learn.
Good luck.

Thanks so much.
Fitoval is shampoo and hairloss program from Slovenia that was reccomended to me by some guys from that part of Europe. It is very mild shampoo so I use it daily on offNizoral days.
I will probably stick with Propecia for now and then maybe try Rogaine shampoo. We will see how I react to Propecia first and then I will go from there. Considering that we are neighbors (live in NJ but work in Menhetten) we will talk because I will try to suck in your experience and hopefully some of the success.
Great work and don't stop fihting.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Well hairy, it must be coming up on the 10-11 month mark for you now. Your 6-7 month pics were pretty amazing, so how's the fort up there holding up these days?

I have had pretty good results so far myself, but nothing mind-blowing yet. At my six-month mark I am subtituting spectral for my nightly application.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Renegade said:
Well hairy, it must be coming up on the 10-11 month mark for you now. Your 6-7 month pics were pretty amazing, so how's the fort up there holding up these days?

I have had pretty good results so far myself, but nothing mind-blowing yet. At my six-month mark I am subtituting spectral for my nightly application.

Renegade,

How do you apply the tricomin? Before or after the foam? just curious.

Thanks

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
The long-held consensus around here was to always apply it before. However, with the foam that absorbs so fast and doesn't have greasiness to it, I don't think it matters any more. The 'before' rule was simply to ensure the best absorption of both topicals.

My scalp does tend to get inflamed quite often from the regular use of the retin-a. That's why I apply tricomin before minoxidil in the morning - to prevent the foam from stinging the irritated skin as bad. For anyone else, it shouldn't matter.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: 37 YO - Went from Norwood 5/6 to good regrowth in 6-7 months-

hairynewyork said:
I first lurked around this forum for a little while approximately a half a year ago, when I decided to do a little bit of research into doing something about my hairloss predicament, 'cause it was frankly getting on my nerves and it was time to rectify the situation. I am extremely pleased with the results that I have achieved since embarking on my little experiment in April, 2006. I'll be posting a before (April 2006) and after pic (Oct 2006) within the next couple of days, as I haven't taken the most recent photo yet. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be able to regrow as much as I have up until now, because frankly, I thought that my hairloss situation had progressed to a stage where it was too late to do much about it, and also considering my age. When you look at the before picture, I think you'll know exactly what I mean, there was very little hair on the top of my head (d*** near nothing). I haven't ever gotten my status determined by a professional, but I would put myself to be a Norwood 5 or a Norwood 6 on the before picture. I'm not sure where I would be on the scale right now, maybe somebody can tell me when I get the after picture posted. I believe that I've definitely gone up a couple of notches, in my opinion.

A little history about myself: I'm currently 37 years old and I first noticed some thinning of the hair in my mid twenties. I actually used Rogaine (2%) for about 6 months in my mid twenties. It was pricey at that time and a prescription was required, so because of economic reasons and the fact that my hairloss at that time wasn't all that bad, I stopped using it, altough I did see slight results after being on just Rogaine for half a years time. In hindsight, I'm glad that I stopped using it back then, because the effectiveness of Rogaine would have worn off, had I continued to use it for all these years I believe.

BEFORE PICTURE - APRIL/MAY 2006 (w/ flash)

I'll be returning with the after picture within the next couple of days and I hope that you will agree that the results are as good as I think they are. I already suspected that I would be a decent responder to minoxodil, since I had used Rogaine (2%) for a brief period many years ago with slight success, but the results that I've acheived on Rogaine, Spectral DNC, Finasteride, Tricomin, Emu Oil, Nizoral, T-gel and maybe a couple of other items that I don't recall right now have been nothing short of ridiculous in my opinion, and that's only after 6-7 months. From what I understand and from studies that I've read, I can expect more significant regrowth in the coming 18 months.

I realize that this whole post is worthless without an after picture/current picture, so I'll be posting that within the next few days.

Hai.
What product did you used?
37 and still hope...nice.
Me 31, hope so.

dsc01874hg7.jpg

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Outstanding results... I'm amazed when the NW6-7 guys can regrow so much.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
these results are probly the most amazing ive seen on this site...i wonder if this guy is around,if so,post some pics now!! nice

krazer22

Reaction score
results look great man if i can reccomend something though it would be to shave or atleast taper your side. Due to the fact that your sides r much thicker than the hair on top of your head i think it would like a whole bunch betterif u trimmed the sides....just before i started seeing significant results i used to shaves the sides of my head with no guard then fade it into my crown and frontal region...also the crown of my head was slightly thicker then the front so i would use a 2 guard on the back part and a 4 on the front....made my hair look really great at a point in my life when it wasnt...trust me this works for people who r slighlt receding in the front and r more thin in the front then the back..for example i recall one time sleeping at a buddys house and i didnt cut my hair for almost 2 weeks and he pretty much regged me as soon as i woke up that i should just bic my head...i went home zero guarded the sides, made the back part slightly shorter then the front and when i met up with him later in the day his first words were "what the f..." u looked like u were balding this morning now u have better hair then me...it take awhile but i pretty much had this cut mastered, luckily ive had some solid regrowth in the past 10 months so im capable of growing my hair longer....but for people who cut their own hair and like the short hair look give this a try

krazer22

Reaction score
correction to my last post...after looking at your pictures, with your hair condition i would just chop some of that rediulously thick hair on the sides of your dome off...maybe not a zero guard but a nice trim...it seems like your back was just as bad as your front in the begining and they have progressively gotten better at the same rate...trust me trim those side up and you will look like a million bucks