37 YO - Went from Norwood 5/6 to good regrowth in 6-7 months-pix

hairynewyork

Reaction score
baldisbeautiful said:
I wanted to know when precisely u started to lose hair and how much time it takes to reach a Norwood 6? In-between what medicine u had tried?
Can u post some of ur picture before starting ur treatment? It may help me evaluating my current Norwood level.
again beat the drum :band:

Hi baldisbeautiful (you don't look anything near bald, if that's you in the avatar), it's hard for me to say precisely since it was so many years ago, but I first noticed a little bit thinning of my hair when I was about 23-24. I used Rogaine (2%) for approximately 6 months when I was around 25 years old. It wasn't until I was about 27-28 that I felt that I was pretty thin on the top and a couple of other people commented on it, and it continuously got thinner up until now (37 years old and 2007). The way I look in the before picture is pretty much how my hair (or lack of hair) has been for the past few years. I have more hair on my head now than I had in 2000, when I was 30. Good luck to you.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
hairynewyork wrote

[/quote]
Hi baldisbeautiful (you don't look anything near bald, if that's you in the avatar)
Ya it is me in the avatar but as I explained u that my frontline is quite intact therefore u will not see any diffusing hair. My hole top is thinning and I have a bald spot( 3 cm dia) at vertex but it stills has fine hair on it.
Thanks for Ur response buddy. :lol:

hairynewyork

Reaction score
mike d. said:
Hello, So do you feel that the Spectral DNC was a big part of your hair regrowth? It seems to have a lot of indredients such as copper peptides.

Hi, I've thought about that myself. It's impossible to say for sure, but I'd sure like to think that some of the added ingrediants in Spectral DNC played a small part. As for the copper peptides, I believe that the Tricomin that I've been using has a greater concentration than found in Spectral DNC. There's a few other ingrediants in Spectral DNC that perhaps played a part in reactivating some of my sleeping follicles, such as Aminexil SP94 (clinically proven to help re-grow hair; Aminexil is a patented molecule that is the result of over 10 years of research at L’Oreal laboratories. Research has indicated that hair loss is linked to the stiffening of the hair roots and Aminexil has been specifically developed to prevent the stiffening and premature aging of the roots.).

I've never seen any in depth studies or tests on Spectral DNC, but perhaps the absorption of Spectral DNC is better and more effective than other kinds of minoxidil due to the nanosome delivery system that they use. There's also retinol in Spectral DNC, so perhaps that helped a little bit also. One thing is for sure, and that's the fact that I like the way Spectral DNC feels on my head & hair and it dries quickly, and it is far better to have on my head, than most greasy 5% Minoxidil. I'd probably only use Spectral DNC, if it didn't cost so much more than the other types of Minoxidil.

I've also read that the brand new Spectral DNC has another added ingrediant to it, the Japanese discovery Procyanidin B-2, which is some sort of chemical from Apples. I don't know how true this is, but I've read a claim that Procyanidin B-2 was as effective as Minoxidil in regrowing hair. I actually tried to order some from Japan a half a year ago when I first started my treatment, but I was unable to find any online. I'll be trying the new Spectral DNC soon.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
that is amazing :shock:. You appear to be an exceptional responder. congrats :)

1PunchBob

Reaction score
HAIRYNEWYORK..... Those are some great results. I am 4 months or so into a regime and am mine is minoxidil twice daily, with fincar split into quarters once a day. I have quite bad recession and my crown is starting to thin. Where abouts do you get your fincar from, as i got mine from india and not sure how effective it is. I have had no side effects which is good but also have not seen any results. And looking at yours, i wish i would have some reaction like yours? :lol:

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep. I am going towards similar results, though I was completely shiny bald for nearly 20 years. Follicles can lie dormant for that long. When I first started posting on this site some people said I was lying. Thanks to the advice of more positive persons though, I thank this site for the vital info.

hairynewyork

Reaction score
1PunchBob said:
HAIRYNEWYORK..... Those are some great results. I am 4 months or so into a regime and am mine is minoxidil twice daily, with fincar split into quarters once a day. I have quite bad recession and my crown is starting to thin. Where abouts do you get your fincar from, as i got mine from india and not sure how effective it is. I have had no side effects which is good but also have not seen any results. And looking at yours, i wish i would have some reaction like yours? :lol:

My Fincar is also from India, I got it from inhousepharmacy. I too was a little bit sceptical about generic Finasteride, but before I purchased it, I did a check on Cipla (the manufacturer), and they seemed to be fully legit, and since I've gotten results, I guess it works fine. Good luck with your regime !

hairynewyork

Reaction score
Boru said:
Yep. I am going towards similar results, though I was completely shiny bald for nearly 20 years. Follicles can lie dormant for that long.

It sounds as if you're as happy with your results as I am with mine. Being bald for many years and then all of a sudden growing must feel great. Good luck !

hairynewyork

Reaction score
My generic minoxidil ran out recently and I added two new items to my regime, the new spectral dnc formulation and rogaine foam. I've only used them for a few days now, but I like both so far, and they both dry quickly of course. I'm applying one in the morning and the other one at night time. I've been reading on another forum that many people were having huge problems applying the rogaine foam, and I can conclude that those people must be mentally challenged, because it seemed quite easy to apply.

I'll probably post a new pic around the new year, if the noticable growth continues.

hairynewyork

Reaction score
English said:
Where can I buy Spectral dnc online. ??

There's quite a few places that sell it online. In US dollars, the price is about the same no matter which store I've bought it from. It's always around $36.00. They don't make any 3 packs of spectral dnc as far as I know, only the single bottle.

Amazon.com has it, so does drugstore.com, that's where I got mine in the past. It might be different for you since you're in the UK (shipping, etc.) ?

Btw - I've seen your thread before and you have some impressive results. I'm also a musician.

:)

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you, think I'll give this stuff a try, read good reports,!!
you seem to be responding very well, keep it up.!!
What's your instrument.?
8)

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
English said:
What's your instrument.?
8)

Dude, I'm not trying to attack you, you seem like a good guy, but I was an english major in college so this has been annoying my grammar-nazi brain to death - if a sentence ends with an exclamation point or question mark, you DON'T put a period before it. :p

hairynewyork

Reaction score
English said:
What's your instrument.?
8)

Thanks ! I play the keyboards mostly, and I also engineer/produce, so I consider mixers (neve, ssl) to be my instrument also.

English

Established Member
Reaction score
barnabas said:
Dude, I'm not trying to attack you, you seem like a good guy, but I was an english major in college so this has been annoying my grammar-nazi brain to death - if a sentence ends with an exclamation point or question mark, you DON'T put a period before it. :p
Wrong forum mate !. Try WWW,punctuationappreciationcom. ,. :!:

Get a life.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: .. £ ! :lol: ..!..*.. @ .!! ( DO NOT. Would have been more appropriate than ' DON'T ' ...! )

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairynewyork said:
English said:
Where can I buy Spectral dnc online. ??

There's quite a few places that sell it online. In US dollars, the price is about the same no matter which store I've bought it from. It's always around $36.00. They don't make any 3 packs of spectral dnc as far as I know, only the single bottle.

Amazon.com has it, so does drugstore.com, that's where I got mine in the past. It might be different for you since you're in the UK (shipping, etc.) ?

Btw - I've seen your thread before and you have some impressive results. I'm also a musician.

Great results man. How do you apply the emu oil? Before the minoxidil, after the minoxidil???? How?

hairynewyork

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
Great results man. How do you apply the emu oil? Before the minoxidil, after the minoxidil???? How?

Thanks ! I usually apply emu oil about twice a week. I believe that it's important to use 100% pure emu oil. I just apply the minoxidil, then usually wait approximately 30 minutes, then I just apply a few drops of emu oil to the different parts of the scalp (front, mid, back, etc.), then I just massage it around for a minute or two. I don't wash it out and I leave it on while sleeping. It's probably a good idea to change the pillow covers the next day. I've read that few things can penetrate human skin as effectively as emu oil, so I figure that perhaps it will help with getting some more minoxidil into my scalp. Maybe the minoxidil can piggy back on top of the emu oil as it penetrates. This is all speculation on my part of course, I'm a musician, not a scientist, but I see no reason to not continue doing it.

Reaction score
Hairy NY great stuff.
I am new to this fight and I am 37 started using Propecia (first month)with shampoos (Fitoval 3,4 and Nizoral only once per week). What would be your suggestion to add or substitute to this combo.
One more time amazing success. You should be proud.
Congrats

hairynewyork

Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
Hairy NY great stuff.
I am new to this fight and I am 37 started using Propecia (first month)with shampoos (Fitoval 3,4 and Nizoral only once per week). What would be your suggestion to add or substitute to this combo.
One more time amazing success. You should be proud.
Congrats

Thanks again. There's one more FDA approved and proven item for hairloss that's missing from your list, minoxidil (rogaine/rogaine spinoffs/generics). From what I understand, Propecia is a DHT blocker, and minoxidil is a growth stimulant, and taking the two in conjunction with each other will provide superior results in most people, as opposed to just taking either one by itself. Minoxidil is a topical and it's usually applied twice per day. Many companies make minoxidil based products nowadays, Rogaine is just a brand name. You will have to continue taking it if you first start, otherwise you will eventually lose any new hairs regrown with it within a matter of months. If you don't like the liquid, greasy formulations of minoxidil, then you could always opt for the rogaine foam which is quite new, and dries very quick within minutes. A small percentage of people might have some minor side effects from minoxidil. I'm not familiar with the Fitoval shampoo, but the Nizoral Shampoo is a good item that many people use. I think that the best thing you could do is just read a whole lot about male pattern baldness for yourself, and you'll be able to make good decisions about what to try based upon what you learn.
Good luck.