3395 Grafts Fue Grafts Dr B I S A N G A, Belgium

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

took a few pics straight out of the shower just to give a different perspective.

last picture is a comparison from 11 months ago pre finasteride.

Attachments

• wet hair 1.jpg
    wet hair 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,747
  • wet hair 2.jpg
    wet hair 2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,724
  • wet hair 3.jpg
    wet hair 3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,657
  • wet hair comparison.JPG
    wet hair comparison.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,747

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! I guess it makes it more difficult to quantify what was gained by Finasteride and which the new terminal hairs are from the FUE.
Either way, I guess we are committed to a life-long prescription of Finasteride lol. I have been on it for 2.5 years already so the intended transplant results may not be as dramatic as yours. Are you also on Minoxidil or any other interventions?
I'm thinking after the transplant I'll be staying on everything I'm currently on, with less frequent use of micro-needling.

Last edited:

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! I guess it makes it more difficult to quantify what was gained by Finasteride and which the new terminal hairs are from the FUE.
Either way, I guess we are committed to a life-long prescription of Finasteride lol. I have been on it for 2.5 years already so the intended transplant results may not be as dramatic as yours. Are you also on Minoxidil or any other interventions?
I'm thinking after the transplant I'll be staying on everything I'm currently on, with a lesser frequent use of micro-needling.

Yeah I had some new hairs sprouting pre surgery so the finasteride has helped a lot. I don't use minoxidil purely because I never have and I didn't want to risk going through a shedding period, I use nizoral once a week and take supplements but that's it.
I think its wise to stay with your current routine post surgery apart from the first few months as the clinic will advise against using minoxidil.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

took a few pics straight out of the shower just to give a different perspective.

last picture is a comparison from 11 months ago pre finasteride.
Looks great so far man, the photos from the clinic didn’t look like your hair was as thin as it looks in that wet comparison pic. Do you have any other before pics?

I’m coming upto 2 months post my hair transplant and my hair was pretty thin so would be interested to see.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great so far man, the photos from the clinic didn’t look like your hair was as thin as it looks in that wet comparison pic. Do you have any other before pics?

I’m coming upto 2 months post my hair transplant and my hair was pretty thin so would be interested to see.

Thanks! I don't have any other pics but you're right the clinic pictures don't really show any midscalp thinning which I had. The finasteride has helped a lot with that so I've no doubt that it is also adding to the overall outcome of this procedure. I am still hoping for a big density improvement so fingers crossed.

Good luck with yours.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't have any other pics but you're right the clinic pictures don't really show any midscalp thinning which I had. The finasteride has helped a lot with that so I've no doubt that it is also adding to the overall outcome of this procedure. I am still hoping for a big density improvement so fingers crossed.

Good luck with yours.
Yeah your before pics are pretty similar to me, and I wouldn’t say I can notice any thinning on you now so hoping for similar result to yours.

Cheers man, just need to get this first 3 month out the way!

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Below is my 7 month update.

I always seem to have a slow start and a really good finish to the months, this past week the density has improved.

The left is still lagging behind though so I'm really hoping that catches up, at 7 months though I'm unsure as to how much more of an improvement I can get??

I will update again at 8 months.

Attachments

• 7 MONTHS.jpg
    7 MONTHS.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 7 MONTHS 2.jpg
    7 MONTHS 2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 7 MONTHS 3.jpg
    7 MONTHS 3.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • 7 MONTHS 4.jpg
    7 MONTHS 4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 7 MONTHS 5.jpg
    7 MONTHS 5.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,308

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

below is the 8 month update.

I wouldn't say there's been a great change, a slight bit of hair improvement and also some added density to the left hand side.

still some weaker areas so hoping for some more improvement there, I did notice one or two new sprouts last week but I'm guessing growth is pretty much finished now.

I have attached pictures with different lighting to see it clearer.

Attachments

• 8 months.jpg
    8 months.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 994
  • 8 months 2.jpg
    8 months 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 8 months 3.jpg
    8 months 3.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 8 months 4.jpg
    8 months 4.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 8 months 5.jpg
    8 months 5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 964
  • 8 months 6.jpg
    8 months 6.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 981
  • 8 months 7.jpg
    8 months 7.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 983
  • 8 months 8.jpg
    8 months 8.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,027

dhtbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lovely. I can see the weak spots you wrote about but a second pass if it's required will correct it no problem. A late growth push happened to some people over the years on another forum but it's unlikely post month 6. Did you receive a growth activator spray after surgery? I heard it really helps and I am thinking of going to this Dr!

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a very well balanced surgery.
I expected nothing less from a world class surgeon.
Go big or go home.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lovely. I can see the weak spots you wrote about but a second pass if it's required will correct it no problem. A late growth push happened to some people over the years on another forum but it's unlikely post month 6. Did you receive a growth activator spray after surgery? I heard it really helps and I am thinking of going to this Dr!

I didn't receive a growth activator spray just the usual things from Dr B like saline etc.

dhtbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't receive a growth activator spray just the usual things from Dr B like saline etc.

Can you tell me the waiting time for winter period? I will see him over Erdogan who is also excellent but I think has a long wait.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
9 month update below..

I don't think too much has changed this past month, the hair has got longer and is slightly easier to style though.

Still have the issue of the left side being slighter thinner and a bit see through. I have spoken to the clinic who have been great at responding and reassuring me that the Dr will happily offer me a small touch up if needs be. I'm due to meet the Dr as well when he's next in London.

Attachments

• 9 months.jpg
    9 months.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 951
  • 9 months 2.jpg
    9 months 2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 836
  • 9 months 3.jpg
    9 months 3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 855
  • 9 months 4 (2).jpg
    9 months 4 (2).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 863
  • 9 months 5.jpg
    9 months 5.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 926
  • 9 months 6.jpg
    9 months 6.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 961
  • 9 months 8.jpg
    9 months 8.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 959

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks amazing. It is annoying that the density isn't the same on both sides, although I honestly can't see on photo.
Nice to know Dr. B is willing to offer a touch up, although that would mean shaving it all and starting again I guess?
I personally would be very happy with the results achieved.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks amazing. It is annoying that the density isn't the same on both sides, although I honestly can't see on photo.
Nice to know Dr. B is willing to offer a touch up, although that would mean shaving it all and starting again I guess?
I personally would be very happy with the results achieved.

Yeah ideally I don't want to start to the process again, I will have a chat with Dr B about the possibility of doing a small touch up unshaven but I don't know if its possible.
I'm still over the moon with the results though and don't regret a single thing, its made life so much easier.

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks top quality, very natural.

I wouldn’t say you need anymore work on it for now from the pics, best off saving the grafts for if you need them in future.

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 month pictures..

Its been a long and stressful 3 months but I finally feel like something has started to happen and I'm seeing more and more hairs sprouting through everyday.

Mid scalp and crown have started to thicken up nicely from finasteride.

I've also been out a few times now without a hat, I feel I'm maybe another month away from not having to wear the hat at all.

Hopefully will see more growth over the coming months!

That hairline looks great. Did you have PRP therapy as well, or just the transplant?

I'm most worried about the first 3 months. Not had surgery yet.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Afternoon Guys,

So its been 10 months and a couple of days now, things still seem to be progressing along nicely. Most noticeable changes are the change in hair quality and being able to style much easier. I feel the thinner patch on the left side has filled in slightly more this month but is still slightly lagging behind the right.

Due to meet the Dr in early December to see how he feels things are progressing.

I've also added a picture with the flash to give a different lighting view.

Attachments

• 10 months.jpg
    10 months.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 789
  • 10 months 2.jpg
    10 months 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 772
  • 10 months 3.jpg
    10 months 3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 760
  • 10 months 4.jpg
    10 months 4.jpg