3395 Grafts Fue Grafts Dr B I S A N G A, Belgium

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good at 3 months, i’m considering a hair transplant with Dr B too, did the shockloss on the side of your head grow back in?

Cheers

cheers,

The little area hasn't fully grown back yet but there is some stubble hairs there so im guessing it wont be too much longer.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wonder why it's usually a rule where skin continues to stay red for years after hair transplant, sucks *** big f*****g time

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking promising dude. The more I see your results the more I'm feeling hopeful. I think I will be ready to take the plunge at the end of year.
Regarding your shock loss, I assume it is in the donor area. I wonder what he would say if you ask about it? Is it actually shock loss, or simply where he took lots of grafts from and expects it to not be visible once the surrounding hair grows over it? With FUE, I would have thought the idea is the donor will thin out a little but not concentrated in one spot or another...
Whichever the case, unless you're planning on wearing a buzz cut I don't think it will be visible eventually.

Last edited:

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking promising dude. The more I see your results the more I'm feeling hopeful. I think I will be ready to take the plunge at the end of year.
Regarding your shock loss, I assume it is in the donor area. I wonder what he would say if you ask about it? Is it actually shock loss, or simply where he took lots of grafts from and expects it to not be visible once the surrounding hair grows over it? With FUE, I would have thought the idea is the donor will thin out a little but not concentrated in one spot or another...
Whichever the case, unless you're planning on wearing a buzz cut I don't think it will be visible eventually.

Its a tough stage at the moment, especially with some early regrowth you do start to doubt if this is how it will end up, just going to keep being positive and hopefully see more improvements.

I suppose it could be due to being overharvested but I have looked and the post op pics and its there nothing obvious to say that, it is looking much better now as you can see below.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,177

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I'm pretty much at the 4 month mark, things have improved a lot since the last month I have attached a few different pictures showing different lighting conditions to show just how different it looks.

Redness is still there a bit but only really shows under a camera flash as normal daytime light it is fine, there a few areas that are lagging behind the rest so hopefully I will see the same growth between months 4-5 as I did the last month.

All pictures are natural hair with no toppik, there is also a pre op pic to so the change.

Attachments

• 4 months flash .JPG
    4 months flash .JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 4 months flash 2 .JPG
    4 months flash 2 .JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,536
  • 4 months flash 3.JPG
    4 months flash 3.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 4 months no flash 2.JPG
    4 months no flash 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 4 months no flash.JPG
    4 months no flash.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,540
  • 4 months side no flash .JPG
    4 months side no flash .JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,524
  • comparison.JPG
    comparison.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,600

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking sharp!
I'm so used to having redness with the micro-needling anyway so it wouldn't have bothered me.
Have you had any haircuts? Do you feel that the new hair is growing freely into lengths like native terminal hair?

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the redness hasn't bothered me either really.

Had 2 or 3 haircuts but luckily my good friend is a barber so that avoided any awkward conversations as he already knew, only had the sides cut and nothing on top though.
There are so many hairs that are of a different caliber, most are lighter in colour and very thin. All hair seems to be growing straight though and similar to my native hair.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you got much to look forward to the next few months.
Another stupid question... how long would you say most of the grafted hair have now grown to at 4 months?
I'm attempting to estimate how long it would take for me to have a partial shave and look normal again after the procedure...
If native hair grows at approx 1-1.2cm a month, and the first month after transplant is basically waiting for shedding to complete.... assuming most grafted hair starts growing at 1cm per month after the first month, you're now at around 3cm length?

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you got much to look forward to the next few months.
Another stupid question... how long would you say most of the grafted hair have now grown to at 4 months?
I'm attempting to estimate how long it would take for me to have a partial shave and look normal again after the procedure...
If native hair grows at approx 1-1.2cm a month, and the first month after transplant is basically waiting for shedding to complete.... assuming most grafted hair starts growing at 1cm per month after the first month, you're now at around 3cm length?

fingers crossed!

Its very hard to tell as they've all grown at different stages but id say the first few that sprouted are around the 3cm length, still waiting for them to darken and thicken though.

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

5 month update..

Had a really good first couple of weeks between 4 and 5 months, saw an improvement in density and hair quality.

Only negatives are the front is still really see through so hoping for a big density improvement over the next few months.

Attachments

• 5 months.jpg
    5 months.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,544
  • 5 months 2.jpg
    5 months 2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,386
  • 5 months 3.jpg
    5 months 3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 5 months 4.jpg
    5 months 4.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,508

Cybersam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

5 month update..

Had a really good first couple of weeks between 4 and 5 months, saw an improvement in density and hair quality.

Only negatives are the front is still really see through so hoping for a big density improvement over the next few months.

Nice updates, and I agree on the front portion part. I hope you are diligently following the post surgery medication.
Also there will be a phase of hairloss during the 6th month and around 9th month, so do not panic much when you come to that phase and do check with your doctor.
It is about 10 months since i got my FUE hair transplant done and so far the progress has been great.
Got it done in Bangalore, India.

I have uploaded my post and pre-surgery pics.

Also i have been maintaining a blog wherein i have posted pics right from the day of the surgery, do visit in case if you are interested to see my progress.

https://bellatory.com/hair/My-Daily-Experience-post-FUE-Hair-Transplant

Attachments

• beforesurgery2.jpg
    beforesurgery2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_20180622_121713.jpg
    IMG_20180622_121713.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_20180622_121723.jpg
    IMG_20180622_121723.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 857

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jayboy61 Nice progress! I tried looking at your before photos but it's difficult to tell...did you have any thinning other than the frontal 1/3, such as around the crown? If so, how is the top looking? Also how is the post-op care going? Have you been using FAST shampoo and MSM? I have been taking MSM for the last few months, and thinking perhaps I should also start on FAST shampoo leading up to the procedure at end of year.

@Cybersam Interesting that a hairloss can be expected 6-9 months ...is this something that has been well documented? Are we talking mostly the new grafts?

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
@jayboy61 Nice progress! I tried looking at your before photos but it's difficult to tell...did you have any thinning other than the frontal 1/3, such as around the crown? If so, how is the top looking? Also how is the post-op care going? Have you been using FAST shampoo and MSM? I have been taking MSM for the last fwe months, and thinking perhaps I should also start on FAST shampoo leading up to the procedure at end of year.

@Cybersam Interesting that a hairloss can be expected 6-9 months ...is this something that has been well documented? Are we talking mostly the new grafts?

Thanks.. I had some thinning on the mid scalp and some at the crown, been on finasteride now for roughly 10 months and its really improved the overall density and coverage, with the length it is now you cannot see any visible signings of hair loss.
Post op care has been good, currently taking finasteride, maxi hair and MSM tablets daily, also using fast shampoo/conditioner 2/3 times a week and nizoral once a week.

Cybersam

My Regimen
Reaction score
@jayboy61 Nice progress! I tried looking at your before photos but it's difficult to tell...did you have any thinning other than the frontal 1/3, such as around the crown? If so, how is the top looking? Also how is the post-op care going? Have you been using FAST shampoo and MSM? I have been taking MSM for the last few months, and thinking perhaps I should also start on FAST shampoo leading up to the procedure at end of year.

Yes you are right, I am talking about the new grafts and they will regrow from the roots again.

https://bellatory.com/hair/My-Daily-Experience-post-FUE-Hair-Transplant

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

6 month update below.

Slow start to the month but seems to have ended strongly, improved since month 5 with hairs still coming through and lots of hairs still to mature.

Attachments

• 6 months .jpg
    6 months .jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 6 months 2 .jpg
    6 months 2 .jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 6 months 3 .jpg
    6 months 3 .jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • 6 months 4.jpg
    6 months 4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 6 months flash.jpg
    6 months flash.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 6 months flash 2 .jpg
    6 months flash 2 .jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 6 months flash 3.jpg
    6 months flash 3.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,333

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, nice density. The more I see your updates, the more I look forward to my turn.
Do you now feel that the new terminal hairs are growing at a normal rate?

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, nice density. The more I see your updates, the more I look forward to my turn.

Thanks,

Really happy so far, especially knowing that I could have another 6 months improvement at least.

There a few areas I hope to improve so fingers crossed.

Good luck with yours!

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry I missed that question,

Its really hard to tell to be honest, they seem to growing fine and but as I haven't really cut the top for around 2-3 months its hard to distinguish between the two. So many hairs at the front are colourless and lack density so hoping for a big improvement in the front is still to come.

Have you booked your surgery? who with?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that question,

Its really hard to tell to be honest, they seem to growing fine and but as I haven't really cut the top for around 2-3 months its hard to distinguish between the two. So many hairs at the front are colourless and lack density so hoping for a big improvement in the front is still to come.

Have you booked your surgery? who with?

I have booked with B----a at the end of year. Thanks to the posts from forum users such as yourself, I had the final push. Your pre-op situation was fairly similar to mine currently, so it really helps to hear your experience. Bring on the pain...and months of hiding away!

jayboy61

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have booked with B----a at the end of year. Thanks to the posts from forum users such as yourself, I had the final push. Your pre-op situation was fairly similar to mine currently, so it really helps to hear your experience. Bring on the pain...and months of hiding away!

That's good, I'm confident you have chosen the right surgeon, certainly from my experience so far.

You'll be surprised how quick those months go! I can now wake up do my hair in 5 minutes and go out without worrying about fibres, wind and rain it really is life changing already!