31yo - 82m (minoxidil) & Proscar (finasteride) 3 Month Progress

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Formula 82M (minoxidil) & Proscar (finasteride) 3 month progress. 31 year old male. Proscar split into 1/4ths and taken once a day. 82M applied twice a day only to vertex and temples. 82M is not cheap at $150 for two bottles. The two bottles will last me 5-6 months @ 14 drops twice a day. Would rather use cheap minoxidil but read too many negatives on its greasiness.

Diffuse thinning all over the top. Not sure if finasteride is thickening and growing new hair all over the top. Will post pictures later of whole top of head, will try to find similar pictures to compare with.

Temple pictures show the same 3 month progress.

Side effects from 82M are slight rash on temple. No finasteride side effects.

2092988282.jpg

Last edited:

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It does look pretty good. Especially the temple area. The hair on the back of the head looks longer and a little fuller. Can you tell us if you've had a haircut during these 84 days?
Keep it up man

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow man great result ? it is mainly the minoxidil i guess , because 3 month is a short period of times .
Do you rub the minoxidil or just let it soak ?

attic

Reaction score
Formula 82M (minoxidil) & Proscar (finasteride) 3 month progress. 31 year old male. Proscar split into 1/4ths and taken once a day. 82M applied twice a day only to vertex and temples. 82M is not cheap at $150 for two bottles. The two bottles will last me 5-6 months @ 14 drops twice a day. Would rather use cheap minoxidil but read too many negatives on its greasiness.

Diffuse thinning all over the top. Not sure if finasteride is thickening and growing new hair all over the top. Will post pictures later of whole top of head, will try to find similar pictures to compare with.

Temple pictures show the same 3 month progress.

Side effects from 82M are slight rash on temple. No finasteride side effects.

View attachment 46328

Great results. Can I ask, where to you buy 82m from? Do you know if I can get it in the UK?

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cut my hair right before taking the pictures. The picture on the right has hair length of no more than 1/2" more than the left picture. Wish I took more before pictures to get a more accurate comparison.

The minoxidil is rubbed in for about 10 seconds on each front temple and 20 seconds on the vertex. I don't bother parting the hair when applying minoxidil as this is very tedious to try to accomplish on the vertex. Right now it's just some quick finger strokes to move the hair somewhat out of the way before applying.

Here's hoping finasteride ends up doing something for my entire top of the head. Minoxidil has too many minor negatives compared to an easy pil. I will not apply minoxidil to my entire scalp because, even though I am a diffuse thinner, there is still too much hair to have to deal with rubbing that formula in. That is why I am only applying minoxidil to these three areas, that way if I do end up growing hair all over the entire head, it will confirm that finasteride is helping too.

82M was recommended by the doctor I went to. She said the formula dries quickly and with no residue. It has tretinoin in it which helps seep through the scalp, and a steroid to prevent inflammation and discomfort. I have no comparison of 82M to Rogaine because I've never used Rogaine. But 82M does dry very fast and with no oily feeling. It's feels comparable to using rubbing alcohol on your skin as to how it dries. You can't buy the stuff OTC, you have to get a prescription for this stuff which is rather annoying. But I believe you can buy directly from Dr. Bauman's website, he is the one who makes the stuff.

Awaiting another 3 months progress. Hopefully this growth hasn't peaked to where I can't gain anymore density at this point on. I can't find any study showing what month/s minoxidil or finasteride growth peaks at.

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months in. Noticed a couple weeks ago my scalp was shedding a lot of hairs (non-minoxidil hairs), still shedding today. Don't know if finasteride causing a shed or if I've just always been shedding for years and haven't noticed because I was keeping my hair very short. Hopefully finasteride is working for me, as minoxidil seems useless to me if I can't prevent the DHT from damaging it in the long run.

DSC02883.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
4 months in. Noticed a couple weeks ago my scalp was shedding a lot of hairs (non-minoxidil hairs), still shedding today. Don't know if finasteride causing a shed or if I've just always been shedding for years and haven't noticed because I was keeping my hair very short. Hopefully finasteride is working for me, as minoxidil seems useless to me if I can't prevent the DHT from damaging it in the long run.

DSC02883.jpg
Minoxidil is useless on its own but with finasteride, you get an overall better result. Finasteride helps slow down the balding process while minoxidil keeps those hairs constantly in a growth phase so its a synergistic advantage.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's amazing regrowth 4 months in!! how are your temples doing now any pictures?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow great result for the vertex !! how is the hairline doing ?
How much minoxidil do you apply to your crown ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

DSC02883.jpg

Fantastic progress, looking forward to you 6 and 9 month pics. Im thinking we'll see some additional big gains by then.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
So you are practically NOT balding anymore. With a tiny bit of concealer, no one would even know...

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Temples look the same IMO. Minoxidil is still putting up a good fight trying to bring these hairs out. Maybe after a year when finasteride has taken more effect then it'll help with these temple hairs. Also, the right temple is growing hair thicker than left temple which is odd, that is why I am taking pictures of right temple.

I also just started using minoxidil only once a day, right after a morning shower. 12 drops on crown, 3 drops on each temple.

WP_20170202_006.jpg

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
great man so how much minoxidil do you use on crown ? you only use minoxidil on crown and temple ? not on mid scalp ? How vas was the initial shedding ? thx

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
The crown gets 10-12 drops. I don't apply minoxidil to the mid-scalp because it would be much more time consuming AND it will help me see results from finasteride alone vs minoxidil-affected areas. I don't want to believe that finasteride causes shedding as doctors seem to not believe this occurs either. Shedding seems to be in people's heads because when you're taking medication for your hair, you focus much more on your hair so you start noticing every detail such as shedding when in fact you may have been shedding all the time and just didn't pay as much attention to it.

afferd

Reaction score
@The_Journeyman - great regrowth!

Where did you buy your 82M?

And did you need a consultation / prescription (if so how much was that)?

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a hair doctor in Sacramento and they recommended it. I have never heard of it beforehand. I buy it through the hair doctor here in Sac, so she has some partnership with Bauman who makes this stuff. I did a free consultation for a hair transplant and finasteride/minoxidil but then decided to pass on the transplant as I wanted to see what results finasteride/min would produce before going all-in with a transplant. 82M requires prescription, and costs $150 for two bottles. I ordered more yesterday. 82M has tretinoin in it which is sort of a mild abrasive that "eats" at your scalp therefore absorbing minoxidil more efficiently. It dries very fast on the scalp, but still leaves a sticky/tacky residue. I just read that 82M also has DHT blockers in it too, nice.

afferd

Reaction score
I looked on Bauman's website and couldn't find any obvious link to buy the stuff (probably because you need a prescription from him).

The_Journeyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have to do an online consultation with him beforehand, and I've read it cost $100, hopefully that is refundable if someone buys product from him.