31 months on Big 3(Sep 09 update) (pics)

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Edit:The 31 month updates are posted on page 5 of this thread. The post that you see below shows updates for the first 7 months

Hi everybody,
One of my wishes when i registered on this site was to post a success story within a short time. That wish has come true. I feel great with the improvement I've had with the Big 3. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

The worst ever state of my hair (24th dec 2006):

24-12-06.jpg
side.jpg

About 5 months into treatment (14th April 2007):

top1.jpg
Image01.jpg

About 7 months into treatment (17th july 2007):

top.jpg
rightside.jpg

Big thanks to this site and its members for providing a huge amount of valuable information about various treatments. I hope I'll improve further. I'll keep this thread updated from time to time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
thats f*****g amazing bro

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I guess I'm a good example for how good the Big 3 can be for a hairloss sufferer. The 5% minoxidil and 1mg finasteride combination has worked wonders for me. I hope lots of other people will get similar results.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
That is some difference !

Congratulations man. Good work on daring starting the big 3, keep it up!

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats, great results... I'm at 7 months on all 3 myself.

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey klink....looks like both of us are in the same boat with good improvement in the crown area.

When i started treatment i did'nt have a hairline to talk about. It was sort of a very ugly 'M' shape. Now I'm starting to see a hairline that I had long lost. Lots of vellus hairs around the hairline. I'm very excited. Hope my hairline will be the major improvement for my next update. Keeping my fingers crossed.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lilltoolate said:
Hey klink....looks like both of us are in the same boat with good improvement in the crown area.

When i started treatment i did'nt have a hairline to talk about. It was sort of a very ugly 'M' shape. Now I'm starting to see a hairline that I had long lost. Lots of vellus hairs around the hairline. I'm very excited. Hope my hairline will be the major improvement for my next update. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah, your hair has improved dramtically, you now have a more defined hairline.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah my hairline got a lot better, and also went back a little lower. I'm going to keep taking pics for each month for the entire year. Are you taking finpecia?

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey klink, I'm taking finax (1mg finasteride) made by a company called Dr.Reddy's. Its not finpecia which I believe is made by Cipla.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey liltoolate, Why did you stop biotin? I just bought some 2.5 mg pills.

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Dogs3,

Although i stopped taking the biotin tablets, now i take a multivitamin pill everyday which contains biotin at a lower dosage. My Doctor keeps changing the pills so that i'm not taking the same supplement pill for a long period. I dont know the reason behind it but he knows best. So technically i'm still taking biotin supplement.

Hey hopeman..thanks :)

Reaction score
recognition2 said:

I am new here so excuse my ignorance if it is truly shocking.

However.....what do you mean by 'daring'?

I understand the side-effects with finasteride......almost 2% of guys.......(yadda yadda- the big one)..........etc.

But....? Anything I'm missing?

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess the word 'daring' is used because ideally somebody should start treatment with just one of the three and then depending on the success or lack of success from it move on to the next one or add the next treatment and so on.

But I couldn't wait for results from just one and so went with all the three almost simultaneously. The advantage of what i did was that there was much better chances of me having success. But the catch is that I'll have to stay on the three for a long long time to come if i want to maintain what i got from it. My hairloss was severe and my scalp in the crown area was getting very visible. So i couldn't follow the ideal method.