3038 - Asmed - Koray Erdogan - 19/02/18

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am 1 day post operation.

I had a 3038 graft frontal and temple hair transplant with Koray Erdogan.

In terms of the experience from the people, couldn't have gone better. Dr Erdogan is extremely friendly and always smiling. The staff are all great. I was put up in a hotel for 5 nights and was nice. There is 4 people having surgery each day so you meet poeple there.

From the experience on a personal level coming from the UK I found it hard. I certainly had doubts about if I wanted it until about an hour before and found it hard on what to do still at the moment. It would have been much easier coming with someone. Apart of knew it would be difficult coming aboard but I appreciated the work of Dr Erdogan more than UK doctors and that was the most important thing for me. But mentally was certainly tough.

538 single
1464 double
878 triple
147 quardruple
11 quintpule

Donor area 8200

Attachments

• _1.JPG
    _1.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 2,779
  • _DSC0219.JPG
    _DSC0219.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 3,426
  • _DSC0734.JPG
    _DSC0734.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 2,927
  • _DSC0740.JPG
    _DSC0740.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,507
  • _DSC0736.JPG
    _DSC0736.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,967

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am 1 day post operation.

I had a 3038 graft frontal and temple hair transplant with Koray Erdogan.

In terms of the experience from the people, couldn't have gone better. Dr Erdogan is extremely friendly and always smiling. The staff are all great. I was put up in a hotel for 5 nights and was nice. There is 4 people having surgery each day so you meet poeple there.

From the experience on a personal level coming from the UK I found it hard. I certainly had doubts about if I wanted it until about an hour before and found it hard on what to do still at the moment. It would have been much easier coming with someone. Apart of knew it would be difficult coming aboard but I appreciated the work of Dr Erdogan more than UK doctors and that was the most important thing for me. But mentally was certainly tough.

538 single
1464 double
878 triple
147 quardruple
11 quintpule

Donor area 8200
Great work. Nice and clean. I realize now I got rejected because he only wants to work on younger guys with slightly more loss than me. Too bad for me.

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great work. Nice and clean. I realize now I got rejected because he only wants to work on younger guys with slightly more loss than me. Too bad for me.

I'm surprised they reject anyone. He seems to have a wide range of people getting transplant ranging from 6000 grafts to a 1000 grafts

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I'm surprised they reject anyone. He seems to have a wide range of people getting transplant ranging from 6000 grafts to a 1000 grafts
Nope, he rejected me. I need about 1800 grafts as quoted by some top ethical FUE doctors.

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have 8200 grafts left in your donor area or did I misunderstand something? This will be a great result, goes without saying, lots of native hair there too.

Nope sorry i wasn't clear. 8200 to start with. I presumed 5000 left would be significant to cover up patches later on. I'm glad you think the results will be nice! I am slightly worried about shock loss as i did have some native hair in the frontal areas but we will see.

I did have a question, I was taking genetic finasteride for 8 months before the surgery and they said generic isn't that good and put me on 5mg proscar (quarters) as they said even my donor area was slightly thinner than average and this will help it grow. However, I never had any sort of sides from finasteride, but if you dont get sides, does that mean its probably not working? I wouldn't say it worked for me. Just wondering if now I'm on proscar, do I have to go through the worry about sides all again as its a completely different drug? or are the chances that I didn't get sides off 1mg generic, I probably wont with 5mg proscar?

kaysan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Total 8k donor is very good. That and finasteride for native hair can easily maintain full head. I've got 10k total but down to 8k now.

Will all 8k grafts be usable in practice? I've read after a certain point your back hair will look thin if you keep taking too many grafts is this true? Or do doctors account for that in their usable count?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They take it into account obviously before the effects of over harvesting.

It seems to me like Erdogan consistenly estimates more grafts availabe for FUE than most surgeons do though. Not sure if the others are too conservative or he's being too optimistic.

Josiah Schaffer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure the final results will look fantastic. Excited to see your timeline in progress. Stick and around and post :)

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to me like Erdogan consistenly estimates more grafts availabe for FUE than most surgeons do though. Not sure if the others are too conservative or he's being too optimistic.

Probably a bit of both. He's had a reasonable number of cases with what I would consider average donors show up especially on the international forum above the 7000 graft mark, typically scarring is slightly noticeable at very short buzz levels but beyond that diffusion and scarring isn't visible and the patients haven't complained. Above those numbers it's hard to know how valid the values his system offers are because typically people achieve the results they want or get sick of procedures before they get above them,I don't think I've ever seen any donors that have had over 7500 FU extracted aside from those who went to butchers. I've also seen Erdogan suggest online that he believes the majority of patients will experience very slow thinning in the donor over time so for young patients especially I wouldn't rely on getting to these levels.

Interestingly Lorenzo uses the same donor estimation system with these seemingly high output values and no one seems to complain in his case.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you man ??
3038 graft for this loss ???
the result will be amazing but aren't you concerned about the future ?

JirenTheGrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you around a Norwood 2? I guesstimated that I need around 1500 grafts, but I hear endless stories of guys getting turned around for their hairloss being too insignificant. I didn't email Erdogan yet because I know he wont touch me until I start finasteride (4 fkn months until appointment) but I really like his work and have been following him for a while.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Are you around a Norwood 2? I guesstimated that I need around 1500 grafts, but I hear endless stories of guys getting turned around for their hairloss being too insignificant. I didn't email Erdogan yet because I know he wont touch me until I start finasteride (4 fkn months until appointment) but I really like his work and have been following him for a while.
Yes, I am close to NW2. I don't know anyone who got rejected by Erdogan who was already on finasteride for many years except me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Sounds strange indeed.

Maybe he is not convinced that you actually have hair loss?
He has to be blind to not see I do. The others doctors did but I think my age was the factor. He does not want to take cases with men who are middle age with minor loss.

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you man ??
3038 graft for this loss ???
the result will be amazing but aren't you concerned about the future ?

Yes slightly, depends how well finasteride works i guess, im not sure it will work well for me. but we will see

I do believe a good surgeon could cover me up with 5000 grafts ..

I am kinda hoping the cloning thing happens in maybe 10 years so none of this isn't really a worry. If it doesn't, I'll probably have kids and family by then so my mind will be elsewhere