3002 Grafts With Dr ******** - 29 Male

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the 27th and 28th of November I got 3002 grafts into my scalp using FUE. Roughly 1000 placed in my crown, 2000 for my hairline. It was a long 2 days, but the staff did their up most to make me comfortable while I was there. I guess I underestimated how long it would take, but it made me appreciate the cost more. There is a lot of work involved at each step.

You can see some before pictures here, but I should have the photo's from the clinic next week.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/29-year-old-diffuse-thinner-dr-bisagna.108619/

The breakdown of the 3002 grafts was as follows.
1 Hair: 534
2 Hair: 1292
3 Hair: 805
4 Hair: 371

My consult at the clinic was hopeful at the 4 hair count.

My head was sore after the 2nd day of surgery, but 2200 hairs were moved that day, so no surprise there. It wasn't a very bad pain either. I'm on day 2 post surgery and shampoo'd the recipient and donor earlier. The donor looks much better than I expected this early. The recipient is very red, but I guess that's to be expected only 2 days after surgery. I'll wait until I get photos from the clinic to update anything else here.

Pre Op
Pre 1.png Pre 2.png Pre 3.png Pre 4.png

Post Op Day 1
Post Surgery Day 1.png Post Surgery Day 1.1.png Post Surgery Day 1.2.png

Post Op Day 2
Post Surgery Day 2.png Post Surgery Day 2.1.png Post Surgery Day 2.2.png Post Surgery Day 2.3.png Post Surgery Day 2.4.png

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please keep us posted

Who did each step (graft removal, incisions, and placement)?

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr B did the punching of the donor area, then cut the incisions in my scalp where the hairs would be placed. His team then took grafts from my donor and placed them in the scalp. 6 days after the surgery and my donor is pretty much healed and the scalp redness has died down significantly. Seemed like a very tidy job, I'm been very pleased with recovery this far.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm following this, I have similar crown loss I hope you have some great results. Heal up and keep us posted

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood were you before the first op? How many grafts in total?
I'm Norwood 3V, and as the post title says 3,002 grafts were moved in total.

I'm following this, I have similar crown loss I hope you have some great results. Heal up and keep us posted

For the crown, I'm not going to have a terrific result. I would have needed roughly 2,300 for a full crown according to the Doctor, and I wanted to focus this procedure mainly on the hairline with some strengthening of the crown. The crown didn't bother me as much as losing the framing of my face. Even now that my head has been shaved I feel much better seeing where the hairline will be.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm Norwood 3V, and as the post title says 3,002 grafts were moved in total.

For the crown, I'm not going to have a terrific result. I would have needed roughly 2,300 for a full crown according to the Doctor, and I wanted to focus this procedure mainly on the hairline with some strengthening of the crown. The crown didn't bother me as much as losing the framing of my face. Even now that my head has been shaved I feel much better seeing where the hairline will be.

So what's the game plan for the crown? A second hair transplant?
BTW, where are the pics?

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've updated my original post with Pre and Post op images. Please feel free to comment.

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasn't been any progress. My hair is just over a month since and looking pretty awful. I'll put something up a little later.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol is doctor biisanga's name now censored bc he doesn't pay this site anymore to be promoted? Jeez how these forums have changed thru the years....

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that really why the name has been censored? This forum and it's users helped me make my decision to go with Dr Biisanga(BHR Brussels), I like to think I'll help people to decide what to do for themselves. Might take my story elsewhere. Disappointing.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is that really why the name has been censored? This forum and it's users helped me make my decision to go with Dr Biisanga(BHR Brussels), I like to think I'll help people to decide what to do for themselves. Might take my story elsewhere. Disappointing.
You can still show your progress photos. That will still be helpful.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
All looks totally normal. The transplanted hair will continue shedding over the next few weeks.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

The subforum showcasing his results under his name was removed and his name is now censored- sounds like money issues to me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good. what are you going to do when you lose more hair?

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good. what are you going to do when you lose more hair?

I'm starting Finasteride gel. If I don't see much with that I'll try the tablets again, I did well on them last time, just went through a rough patch in my life where I knew I needed the worry of something happening off my mind.

Also, I was always worried about how I would look with a shaved head, thought it might be too oddly shaped. Having to shave my head for this was the first time I saw it, and I was actually ok with it. I had some decent interactions with people that made me feel more comfortable about it too. Now that my hairline is reinforced, I should have that line to frame my face even when it's shaved down and the hair behind it has gone much thinner. Obviously that's not the direction I would like it to go, but I'm feeling much better about it going there.

I originally thought I would get another transplant, but I just don't see that now. It's been just over a month and a half and the redness is still quite apparent. I was in a position to work from home and hide from the rest of the world this time. I don't see myself being so lucky in the future.