3002 Grafts With Dr ******** - 29 Male

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
How were your discussions on your hairline design - was this completely chosen by you, or did the Dr make a suggestion/ draw the design? Were there any discussions on preserving grafts for the future, if need be?

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask Why did you choose B instead of feriduni ?

I chose Dr Biisanga, because I felt he was the most genuine in my research, he was very open about future loss, my current state, what to expect in the future. Feriduni was a little cheaper, but I had the money, and this isn't something I wanted to cut corners on, I wanted to go with someone who I felt was really solid and reliable. Dr B made sense to me.

How were your discussions on your hairline design - was this completely chosen by you, or did the Dr make a suggestion/ draw the design? Were there any discussions on preserving grafts for the future, if need be?

I've always had a high forehead, so I made it clear I didn't expect some exaggerated low hairline. He drew the line that he thought went with my needs and I agreed.

Discussions around future? Yes, I think I covered this in my original thread, but the reason I only got 1,000 in the crown was to preserve grafts for a possible future procedure. To fully cover the crown and make it thick would have taken at least another 1,000, but he was concerned about what would be left and wanted to ensure the future state of my hair. I agreed with him.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your transplant is going to turn out very well, you are stiill in the very early stages and if you go on finesteride it should help further loss and keep the good future results

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for answering the question. I think it looks pretty good!

How long did you have to wait for the hair transplant appointment maybe you have info for both surgeons (F & B).

I am same age and I am considering both of them. How does the (social) life feel in the first month? I am pretty concerned about people looking at me, I dont want anyone to notice ( I am Norwood 3 without crown problems).

Thank you, and happy regrowth

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you.

To be honest I don't have much info taken down. I spent two years browsing these forums and looking at peoples results before I made my decision. In the end Dr Biisanga has a great track record and I felt secure knowing his prestige in the field. When I met him he was honest and transparent about what to expect, didn't try to sell me any false hopes. That was what I wanted more than anything.

If you are worried about people knowing then I'm afraid there is really nothing you can do but avoid them. I'm almost at the two month mark and the redness on my hairline is only now starting to fade. Some people get lucky and it lasts 2-3 weeks, but from my experience browsing hair transplant forums, that is rare. You have to be prepared that 2-3 months of redness is a real possibility, even if it's not a certainty.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always had a high forehead, so I made it clear I didn't expect some exaggerated low hairline. He drew the line that he thought went with my needs and I agreed.

Discussions around future? Yes, I think I covered this in my original thread, but the reason I only got 1,000 in the crown was to preserve grafts for a possible future procedure. To fully cover the crown and make it thick would have taken at least another 1,000, but he was concerned about what would be left and wanted to ensure the future state of my hair. I agreed with him.

Thanks for the response.

I had a hair transplant in July with Dr Feriduni (3,050 grafts) and am at the 6.5 month mark. If you're interested, I have a link to my thread below. I will be updating it with new pictures this weekend. I have taken monthly pics to track progress.

I also had a naturally high hairline which receded to a Norwood 3/4 (no crown loss though) and so after discussion, we agreed to recreate my natural hairline.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/post-fue-hair-care-concerns-over-lost-grafts.107289/

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
How long did you have to wait for the hair transplant appointment maybe you have info for both surgeons (F & B).

I saw your post and thought I would let you know how long it took me to arrange a hair transplant with Dr Feriduni.

I reached out to a number of hair transplant doctors in January 2016. After discussions with approx 6 doctors, I decided on Feriduni. Initially, I asked for available dates in March 2016 and was told I would have to wait until January 2017. I didn't book anything, and decided to give other treatments a go (dutasteride & RU) but when that failed to give me the results I wanted, I requested availability in January 2017 and booked a slot in July of 2017.

So essentially, it's a good idea to book early as there are large waiting lists for the more popular doctors. If I recall, I didn't have to pay anything upfront until around 1-3 months before the surgery date (this will be discussed with your doctor and will be in your contract). The upfront fee is a percentage of the total, which will be agreed when you have your consultation.

As mentioned above, I have my own thread (link below), which I will be updating this coming weekend. Feel free to post questions if you're interested or PM me.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/post-fue-hair-care-concerns-over-lost-grafts.107289/

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
How does the (social) life feel in the first month? I am pretty concerned about people looking at me, I dont want anyone to notice ( I am Norwood 3 without crown problems).

Thought I'd chip in on this also :)

For me, I took 3 weeks out of work (finance office job), had the surgery and had a 2 week post-surgery recovery period.

My scalp was very red for the first few weeks (I told work/ friends it was sunburn, since I told them I was going on holiday). The redness faded gradually, however I think I had a pink scalp for over 4 months. I have very fair skin - you can see this in my pictures. I opted to keep my hair shaved post the surgery, instead of letting it grow. I have only started growing my hair for the last month or so.

I did occasionally use concealers and fibers to hide the redness and the results of the hair transplant. Once the scabs have fallen off, you are fine to use such products.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Update pls

I dont want to begin a big discussion. Honestly I checked easy 10+ fues by ******** (youtube) and did not find one dense result, if I compare to feridubi or koray etc ...

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just at the 4 month period so nothing amazing to report.

Regarding density, you saw the area where 2,000 hairs were applied. Regardless of the doctor, I chose to have 2,000 hairs in that area. I don't think the doctor can make 2,000 hairs appear like more than it is.

I'm happy with where it is right now, I'm comfortable stepping outside without a hat on, or toppik in my hair. Between month 2.5 and month 4 I did use Toppik, because my hair was still much shorter and a lot of hairs hadn't come through.

At the moment I'm on a regime of Biotin, MSM, Rogaine and Finasteride Gel daily. I'll try put up some pics later.