3 year anniversary on finasteride.

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome, i mean your hair could be better if you added topical anti androgen blocker and minoxidi/Ketaconazole......

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the first par of pictures it looks like you've maintained. Yes, in the other par you did lost some. It's very likely it'd be way worse if you didn't take finasteride, given you still shed a lot after 3 years.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I took it for nearly 2 years and shed a ton. Didn't make much difference for me, got some hyperandrogenicity from it too, so I changed protocols. With the shedding being worse after taking it for that long, I wanted to find another way that would stop it. Just didn't seem worth it for me anymore. It was risky because you don't know if it really is maintaining or just not doing anything. But I had increased body hair and other signs of hyper so I made some changes. But hey, if you're maintaining on it for the most part that's really good and I don't blame you for sticking with it. I also empathize with your concerns too.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintaining is really all we can truly ask for without a transplant or INTENSE regimens. Everything else is just a fringe benefit. Looks great, man.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Three years later and I’m still shedding several hundred hairs a day. I run my hands through my hair for 15 seconds and this is what comes out. It’s absolutely amazing my hair loss isnt worse than what it is with how much i shed.
Nice im not using anything and when i run my hands nothing falls out

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly with RU pre-mixed it will last a few months room temperature. Might be worth a trial for say 3 months.

Fluridil is another topical antiandrogen, approved in the Czech Republic, albeit weaker than RU in terms of binding affinity.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still appears to be really good density but the recession is largely slowed down. Perhaps you are maturing from 1.5 to 2. Can't really tell what Norwood you are though with only those photos. But your hair loss is not aggressive. My hair loss is not very aggressive either but I am considering a transplant to seal up my temples soon too.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody I’m around at 2.5 Hard to tell from that angle. But same I will be the happiest person on the planet want to get a hair transplant. Right now I cover up my Temples well with my longer hair. A lot of people don’t know they extent of my receding hairlin or have any idea I’m balding. I just feel as though it would be embarrassing getting a hair transplant
Same for me too. I think that there's probably a way to do it though. Use all your time off, wear a hat for a while, etc. Relocate if possible.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
There has been a little recession at the hairline over the past 3 years. It seems as though most of it came in the first year of finasteride.

over the past two year it’s pretty much maintained.

Wonder if the maintenance is bc of dr hairloss proxi cream @DoctorHouse

or
finasteride/oral min stabilized

these two photos are a couple months short of two years apart. What do you guys thinks
I told you Proxiphen does work. It works well with all your other treatments. You have seen my hair. Obviously, I did well for over 13 years.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There has been a little recession at the hairline over the past 3 years. It seems as though most of it came in the first year of finasteride.

over the past two year it’s pretty much maintained.

Wonder if the maintenance is bc of dr hairloss proxi cream @DoctorHouse

or
finasteride/oral min stabilized

these two photos are a couple months short of two years apart. What do you guys thinks
This is good for two years. Actually the lighting was a bit dimmer in your earlier photo too, so it looks like it's about the same honestly. Your hair looks very healthy, has a lot of thickness and a good shine to it.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
100 bucks a month? Ouch! But I can see the spironolactone being a distinct advantage since it does address the issue via a different pathway.