3 weeks Flutagel report with Hairline pics

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From that pic you took it seems you lost a couple hairs.

I'm interest in flut.... I'll definitely stay up with this here post.

How has your scalp been since you started using Flut?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I dont think I lost more than 2 or 3 hairs in total at the hairline, although it is hard to count from the photo. Perhaps those were in the phase near their natural shedding, and maybe Flut accelerated this.

I have one brand new hair growing at a different location on my hairline, this one is coming out where one was lost around November 2004, so it looks like a 3 years old follicule might be able to be revived after all, on a strong regimen like this (dutasteride 0.5mg a day +FLUT).

hopefully after a few months there will be more followers like this.

No problems or changes in my scalp or skin since starting Flut. Applying the GEL is a bit time consuming and I need to wash my hairline in the morning, but the results are worth it.

Cheers
El Duterino

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
The hairs generally look much thicker / terminal in the second shot also. Maybe just part of the growth phase, but looks good to me.

Kiem

Reaction score
el_duterino, sorry to side track but I read that you having been using DHT inhibitors for 10years now and started dutasteride 4 years ago did this mean that you were using Finasteride the 6years befor ethat? Did finasteride lose its effectivenss and that was the reason for you jumping on dutasteride? I am just wondering since you have lengthy experiance with DHT inhibitor and im thinking of jumping onto dutasteride since Finasteride is not working as well anymore.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Kiem, yep that's exactly what happened..I was doing great on finasteride (proscar cut in 4, one piece per day) for 6 years..and then quite rapidly it "stopped working" at year 6. That was when I switched to dutasteride and got back on track to maintain & re-thicken
Of course..finasteride did not "stop working" in the real sense..the only new parameter is my follicules getting much more DHT sensitive, because that's what I am programmed to look like at my "Advanced Age" (37 that is..), so it was not strong enough to do the job anymore.

dutasteride alone was good for 4 more years..after that same story..dutasteride alone cannot save the follicules anymore..ENTER FLUT..my first topical ...and I got back on track to maintain..& re-thicken

So yes..over 10 years in total with the same hairline..lets see how long I can keep?this going. :(

Good Luck
El Duterino

Reaction score
That's what happened to me I was on propecia for 9 years and the last 2 years it seems it stopped working, maybe I should have used a topical with it. I have been using Promox for a month and a half and I just ordered Flutagel. Do you have to keep the Flutagel refrigerated?

el_duterino

Reaction score
it is written to keep it at around 5 degrees C. I keep it refrigerated at 6 C. I would also strongly suggest using dutasteride instead of finasteride, to "help" the FLUT in its job of getting in front of the DHT on those follicules receptors..the less DHT to start with, the more effective FLUT will be at such low amount (1%).

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
I am 41, at my age I need some strong drugs because my follicules are too DHT sensitive now due to my genes.
I did great on finasteride alone when I was 31 and was thinning back then.[quote="el_duterino":35pseqvi]

[quote="el_duterino":35pseqvi]Of course..finasteride did not "stop working" in the real sense..the only new parameter is my follicules getting much more DHT sensitive, because that's what I am programmed to look like at my "Advanced Age" (37 that is..), so it was not strong enough to do the job anymore.

So yes..over 10 years in total with the same hairline..lets see how long I can keep?this going. :(

Good Luck
El Duterino
[/quote:35pseqvi][/quote:35pseqvi]

You said on 1st April that you were 41 years old. Then on the 15th April you said you were 37 . . . why the descrepancy?

beaner

Reaction score
Good call. He must be on Sinere's anti-aging regimen as well. :innocent:

el_duterino

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, I was 37 when finasteride stopped working, this was what I meant to say. I had great results on finasteride and never thought that I would need anything else to keep my hair forever..at that time...but thanks to such forums I found out about dutasteride and now Flut.

30 to 37 years old: finasteride only (roughly 6 & half years, 1.25 mg a day)
37-41 years: dutasteride only (0.5 mg of real AVODART per day)
41-now : dutasteride + FLUT since march 07. (0.5 mg of dutasteride per day + 1 application of the gel a day at the hairline & temples)

Cheers
El Duterino

jonny21

Reaction score
Would it be good to also put on for diffuse thinning? Or is this strictly for hairline and temple? I'm considering purchasing this.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I don't see why It would not work for diffuse thinning as well. Provided you still have somehow healthy follicules.
It prevents DHT from binding to the follicules, so any hairs that are DHT-sensitive should benefit I guess.
I had some slight diffuse thinning behind the hairline. Not loosing haircount but the existing hair were getting thinner and loosing pigmentation.
This area has now improved. Hair have more pigmentation (darker) and are thicker and growing faster now.
The only issue is that the gel is a bit hard to get onto the scalp directly if you have long hair. I am wasting quite a bit of the product which gets stuck on the hair...I am putting quite a good dosage just to be sure that the scalp gets enough.. Applying on the hairline & temples is easier for sure.

Cheers
El Duterino

2guard

Reaction score
el_duterino, THANK YOU! Don't mind the hate on the board, there are people that appreciate the effort. Try to forgive some of us, as we're jaded, sick of all the disappointment from false miracles.

I love how people instantly jumped on you for the age mix up, when it wasn't a mix up at all. If they actually just read your post w/o "bullshit detectors" on, it would have been obvious the 37 referred to the past. I mean COME ON, the posts earlier were asking about that 10 year, 6/finasteride 4/dutasteride thing. Guys, I hope you still don't think this guy is a fake. How about giving him support, and seeing how his progress goes? Do we really need to drive someone away that's trying to contribute? It isn't easy to come back to a hostile board. Hell, it's hard to keep updating even when you do get support.

I'm not jumping all over this either, but it looks promising. Will it be a miracle drug, probably not, but it probably will help some people.

el_duterino

Reaction score
2guard, thanks for the support !
I read this forums (and the 2 others) everyday and will post again if needed, no worries.
Yeah, some people are suspicious or jealous when someone is having success, but thats not new to me. A few years back when I had great success with dutasteride, many post were all about "dutasteride ate my hairline..etc.."..and many did not believe me..but now slowly dutasteride is becoming one weapon of choice in the arsenal against DHT.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Most of the people on these boards don't understand the expectations and requirements for these drugs to "work", which are:

Requirements to start these drugs on a low-dose (Propecia, or dutasteride every few days etc..):
1) Early pre-balding stage. Still healthy follicules.
Necrosed/weak follicules could have diffculties surviving the shock in cycle phase and might just shed and never regrow. This could lead to increased shedding with no regrowth like it has been reported many times here.

Requirements to start these drugs on a high-dose (dutasteride+FLUT):
Being able to accept and cope with possible side-effects (dutasteride). Low libido, brain fog etc..or worse..who knows.
Libido issues can ease after some time. I don't see Flutamide giving any noticeable side effects at 1% in a gel form though.

I saw that the powerful combination of dutasteride+FLUT was able to revive a few recently lost follicules (less than 3 years) in my case, which did not happen on dutasteride alone.

2) Enough DHT reduced to make an impact
> think about a digital cell-phone..even if you reduce the signal by 80% you can still have a conversation and use it. => Even if you reduce DHT by 80%, the remaining 20% DHT is perhaps enough to affect DHT sensitive follicules AS MUCH AS 100% of DHT does. Perhaps that's why people still have receeding hairlines on these drugs.

Expecations:
1) In all the studies I could find about men who were castrated (=zero DHT) after puberty and after some hair loss, further balding was halted but in general LOST HAIR WAS NOT REGROWN.
This gives us some indications on what to expect by completely reducing the effects of DHT using dutasteride, Flut, finasteride, Ru etc..

Conclusion: DHT seems to be the main cause of hairloss but the only way of getting guaranteed success for long-term maintenance is to aim for a 100% reduction of the effects of DHT, just like in castrated men. And I had the balls to try it... :woot:

Perhaps the next step is ASC-J9, if proven safe and available, this could be the 3rd barrier against DHT
1) Reduce DHT by a good percentage using dutasteride
2) Destroy a good amount of follicules receptors using ASC-J9 topical
3) Prevent the remaining of DHT to bind to the surviving receptors using Flutamide topical.

DAF Gel...anyone ?

Cheers
El_Duterino

Felk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's important so I'll get at it again if it has.

I'm pretty sure all the evidence shows that flutamide only works systemically, not locally. As in, if you use it topically you may get results, but these results come from the drug working systemically.

Search Bryan's posts on the issue, he's been over it a few times over the years I think

el_duterino

Reaction score
Flutamide ? I don't think so. I don't notice any further libido side effects and the results came much too early to be due to blood absorbtion only. At a concentration of 1% and using the gel this would take much longer to build up in the blood, if it did. Did you read the Sintov study ?

I think you mean dutasteride..yes there are no studies about dutasteride topical and how it differs from dutasteride oral in terms of effectiveness and absorbtion..that's why I stick to dutasteride oral for the time being.

Bryan, any thoughts ?