3 Months On Topical Dutasteride - Results

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
After asking around somebody told me I should try out a 0,1% CPA aka Androcur lotion. Anyone heard of it or even tried it out?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is anyone interested in splitting half of a liter of trichosol with me? I get it delivered Sunday.

KHURMA

My Regimen
Reaction score
After asking around somebody told me I should try out a 0,1% CPA aka Androcur lotion. Anyone heard of it or even tried it out?
I heard about this one from the Turkish forum, lot of people having success there with it -

Miracle - 100ml contains:
- 3.2% Spironolactone (3200mg from 32x Aldactone 100mg)
- 0.042% Cyproterone acetate (42mg from 21x Diane 35)
- 0.000735% Ethinyl estradiol (0.735mg from 21x Diane 35)
- (optional) 0.008% Dexamethasone (8mg from 2ml Dexamethasone Injection 8mg/2ml)
in a 100ml alcohol vehicle (Elseve or similar). 4ml/d. Better 2ml/d in the beginning to check for side effects

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard about this one from the Turkish forum, lot of people having success there with it -

Miracle - 100ml contains:
- 3.2% Spironolactone (3200mg from 32x Aldactone 100mg)
- 0.042% Cyproterone acetate (42mg from 21x Diane 35)
- 0.000735% Ethinyl estradiol (0.735mg from 21x Diane 35)
- (optional) 0.008% Dexamethasone (8mg from 2ml Dexamethasone Injection 8mg/2ml)
in a 100ml alcohol vehicle (Elseve or similar). 4ml/d. Better 2ml/d in the beginning to check for side effects
What are the possible side effects from these does dosages? I heard you get gyno from spironolactone/estradiol?

KHURMA

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the possible side effects from these does dosages? I heard you get gyno from spironolactone/estradiol?
I think it should be minimal side effects as long as you using it topically. But of course, there are chances that you can get them so better to start from low dosages.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey is there any advantage to using trichosol or an alcahol free solution can just using a pg and ethyl solution and get the same results and side effects ratio?

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting treatment to say the least. I'm tempted to try but a handful of concerns are keeping me from it:
  • Increase in scalp Testosterone levels
To my understanding, duta will increase serum and scalp T levels by enough for T to be able to miniaturize follicles, despite its weakness compared to DHT, due to the boost in sheer amount. No one looks at this treatment considering that, AND your frontal hairs' INCREASED sensitivity to androgenicity. Perhaps test could in fact be contributing to the shedding a few guys mentioned (which is very present with oral dutasteride cases). It'd be helpful to see someone give a few months to a potent AA and Topical Dutasteride combo
  • Shelf life
Various users have claimed it's 1-2 months, some said 6-7 months etc. It could help calculate how long a bottle goes. Does it depend on the carrier chemical? Perhaps means of storage? The clinic I'm looking at sells them at 60 ml's per batch, where granted I use 2 ml's per week, thus 8 ml's a month then a single bottle should run me a good 7.5 months which is suddenly irrelevant if I'm looking at a 2 month shelf life.
  • Shipping
Probably not a huge deal to people in countries with more westernized pharma but in Hungary "Drugs (Prescription or Non-Prescription)" are prohibited for shipping and the clinic I'm in contact with has yet to respond on this. (Though I've read about another member being able to get spironolactone shipped here without any trouble so who knows) In any case, I'd hate to blow €55 only to have customs confiscate it and/or hold it against me legally.
  • Sketchy sourcing in general
A fair amount of links to stores have lead me to dead sites. Have these places just up and vanished? If so why? Also lack of professional courtesy in general. My chosen compounding clinic couldn't even spell my name correctly in their reply, and have used rather casual language in response which probably sounds like inflating it but it's a detail that matters to me. And you may say it was an odd experience but I've read others get left hanging on answers with different places too. After all it's a medical facility with a pharmaceutical service, not someone in a basement mixing up random fillers... I hope.

A little more overall clarity on the treatment would be great. Hell, blood work, efficacy, even feedback aside, I just want to know if it's a legitimate business to begin with. I don't expect it to be a full on corporate process but it lacks some transparency for me. A few of these points may have been answered/touched on to some extent before and I've read through the thread but I can't help my remaining skepticism and therefore some reassurance or insight on some of these points would help a lot.

That said, tuned in for Mustang's journey, hoping to start my own.

Penny wise, pound foolish when it comes to worrying about T. While T might have a small effect on hair, DHT is MAGNITUDES worse for your hair than T is. Frontal hair is also incredibly sensitive to DHT as well. DHT will do way worse to all hair (including frontal hair!) than just T.

I agree with your points on shelf life and sketchy sourcing! I am not aware of any research on the potency of any topical anti-androgen solutions. If the place you're getting it from is a licensed compounding pharmacy (or a physician's office that works with a licensed compounding pharmacy), I would take that as a good sign. Often the people answering the emails are 1) old pharmacists who struggle with computers or 2) minimum-wage workers paid just to answer the emails/phones

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to some of my questions.
Penny wise, pound foolish when it comes to worrying about T. While T might have a small effect on hair, DHT is MAGNITUDES worse for your hair than T is. Frontal hair is also incredibly sensitive to DHT as well. DHT will do way worse to all hair (including frontal hair!) than just T.
True but hardly anyone considered T so I had to bring it into the discussion. If we're gonna have this treatment extend I think it's mandatory that some users contribute some hormone profiles and blood work for reference. It's hard to go off purely anecdotes.
If the place you're getting it from is a licensed compounding pharmacy (or a physician's office that works with a licensed compounding pharmacy), I would take that as a good sign. Often the people answering the emails are 1) old pharmacists who struggle with computers or 2) minimum-wage workers paid just to answer the emails/phones
Haven't considered these possibilities tbh.. Could very well just be though, perhaps an intern of some kind is tasked to handle the emails coming in abt topical dutasteride. It would make sense since the clinic I'm in contact with has a separate person talking to me, rather than the infamous transplant doctor the clinic is known for, who could just be busy.

I'm definitely getting a bottle in the near future to try and I'll report back to this thread or maybe create a new one, depending on the efficacy of the drug.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked 2 physicians and they both told me (one from Canada and one from Europe) that it works extremely well for their patients

Dozens of them are on it for 2 years now. Maybe the home made or fake minoxidilmax crap doesn't work but proper pharma grade does.

jazz1

Reaction score
I asked 2 physicians and they both told me (one from Canada and one from Europe) that it works extremely well for their patients

Dozens of them are on it for 2 years now. Maybe the home made or fake minoxidilmax crap doesn't work but proper pharma grade does.

Finasteride or Dutasteride does work but results vary in each individual, there will always be a few minority where drugs do not work. I been using topical Finasteride from different compound pharmacies in America and i live in the United Kingdom.

The current compound pharmacy MAA sell both Topical Finasteride and Dutasteride pharmaceutical grade.

See below the threads I created for forum members should anyone want an alternative to oral drugs.

Topical Dutasteride

Topical Finasteride

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride or Dutasteride does work but results vary in each individual, there will always be a few minority where drugs do not work. I been using topical Finasteride from different compound pharmacies in America and i live in the United Kingdom.

The current compound pharmacy MAA sell both Topical Finasteride and Dutasteride pharmaceutical grade.

See below the threads I created for forum members should anyone want an alternative to oral drugs.

Topical Dutasteride

Topical Finasteride

Thanks although doesn't seem to be many replies to the dutasteride.

Surely there's been studies on oral dutasteride?

jazz1

Reaction score