Here are my results on 3 months and 2 weeks on Topical Dutasteride 1%

December 2019
View attachment 139496

March 2020
View attachment 139497

I get it prescribed by my doctor.
No side effects so far
I only apply 2ml once a week
Libido is slightly lower lately but not brain fog, depression or gyno like I had with Finasteride and topical Finasteride. I had horrible sides with both.
Hair shedding in the shower: 1-3 hairs.

That's interesting, it seems like that's as common a feature of dutasteride among people reporting success as people claiming sides with propecia.

Glad it worked for you.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, topical would just be applied on the local point (scalp), whereas avodart gets processed through the liver and reduces serum DHT. Oral really worked for me to regrow hair, but with sides.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am able to get a liter of trichosol directly from Fargon for $170 I’d give half of it to someone for $70. Anyone interested?

Harleyj888

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am able to get a liter of trichosol directly from Fargon for $170 I’d give half of it to someone for $70. Anyone interested?
id be keen but i'm in Australia, i saw their website and was wondering if they sell to the public? i Noticed that you need to create an account and state which pharmacy/university e.t.c you're from so assumed they wouldn't sell to the general public

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
id be keen but i'm in Australia, i saw their website and was wondering if they sell to the public? i Noticed that you need to create an account and state which pharmacy/university e.t.c you're from so assumed they wouldn't sell to the general public
They don’t but it’s not far from where I live in America and I was able to get ahold of one of the head guys who works for Fargon

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting treatment to say the least. I'm tempted to try but a handful of concerns are keeping me from it:
  • Increase in scalp Testosterone levels
To my understanding, duta will increase serum and scalp T levels by enough for T to be able to miniaturize follicles, despite its weakness compared to DHT, due to the boost in sheer amount. No one looks at this treatment considering that, AND your frontal hairs' INCREASED sensitivity to androgenicity. Perhaps test could in fact be contributing to the shedding a few guys mentioned (which is very present with oral dutasteride cases). It'd be helpful to see someone give a few months to a potent AA and Topical Dutasteride combo
  • Shelf life
Various users have claimed it's 1-2 months, some said 6-7 months etc. It could help calculate how long a bottle goes. Does it depend on the carrier chemical? Perhaps means of storage? The clinic I'm looking at sells them at 60 ml's per batch, where granted I use 2 ml's per week, thus 8 ml's a month then a single bottle should run me a good 7.5 months which is suddenly irrelevant if I'm looking at a 2 month shelf life.
  • Shipping
Probably not a huge deal to people in countries with more westernized pharma but in Hungary "Drugs (Prescription or Non-Prescription)" are prohibited for shipping and the clinic I'm in contact with has yet to respond on this. (Though I've read about another member being able to get spironolactone shipped here without any trouble so who knows) In any case, I'd hate to blow €55 only to have customs confiscate it and/or hold it against me legally.
  • Sketchy sourcing in general
A fair amount of links to stores have lead me to dead sites. Have these places just up and vanished? If so why? Also lack of professional courtesy in general. My chosen compounding clinic couldn't even spell my name correctly in their reply, and have used rather casual language in response which probably sounds like inflating it but it's a detail that matters to me. And you may say it was an odd experience but I've read others get left hanging on answers with different places too. After all it's a medical facility with a pharmaceutical service, not someone in a basement mixing up random fillers... I hope.

A little more overall clarity on the treatment would be great. Hell, blood work, efficacy, even feedback aside, I just want to know if it's a legitimate business to begin with. I don't expect it to be a full on corporate process but it lacks some transparency for me. A few of these points may have been answered/touched on to some extent before and I've read through the thread but I can't help my remaining skepticism and therefore some reassurance or insight on some of these points would help a lot.

That said, tuned in for Mustang's journey, hoping to start my own.

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Or...just find raw dutasteride supplier. Use stemox as vehicle and put 0,2% dutasteride. That's i would like to try. I don't think Liposomal is needed since we don't want any systemic effect.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nix what's your take on topical dutasteride destroying hairlines due to the increase in T ? thanks

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't have real datas about this...we just have to try and see...
As much as I'd like to, my hairline just isn't in the position to "try and see".
Btw this chart gives a good idea about the kind of boost in T you can expect in serum levels.

Also according to this study, ORAL dosing does impact SCALP T as well:
Scalp and serum dihydrotestosterone levels decreased, and testosterone levels increased, in a dose-dependent fashion with dutasteride.

So all that said, my concern is this:

Who's to say it wouldn't be the case topically as well? Even if it won't go systemic (as much), it's the same mechanism in your scalp:
Stopping T from converting to DHT. All the excess T that couldn't convert won't magically disappear.
Just because Mustang was fortunate to achieve stabilization, idk how my otherwise weak hairline (losing ground on 2 years finasteride) would react

So if we use topical duta should we also use RU or CB for the increased T?
Until more than like 5 people report success like Mustang's on topical duta alone (or less complain about sheds on ANY duta), I would prolly accompany it with an AA as well yeah.

Last edited:

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
What could people use as an AA that have sides from RU and don't have the money to buy CB? If possible not something to risky.