3 Months On Topical Dutasteride - Results

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's the situation developed? Any other members with this regimen experienced positive results? I am thinking of trying this out instead of RU58841 which I am afraid of.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Dutasteride won't protect you from T
RU58841 won't protect you from DHT. It might decrease circulating DHT a little on the scalp but the binding affinity of DHT is much stronger.
You need both.
On top of these you need a growth stimulant. Laser cap or Minoxidil or Latanoprost. Even better Minoxidil + Latanoprost and Biotin.
I only used a Laser Cap since PG makes my scalp flake.
Lastly you will need a growth factors. Dermapen once a week.

This is basically the most you can without causing side effects of oral meds.

For me Topical Dutasteride is enough but adding TRT requires something to compete with T, either RU58841 or CB-03-01 are your only options.

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best results I had so far was 8years ago with oral finasteride 0,5mg + 250mg aspirin orally on daily basis, and minoxidil 5% twice a day, nizoral 2x a week. It even filled my temples back after 6 months. I had hair like Elvis. But finasteride also gave me ED. My dick had not been working properly since quitting that regimen for about 2 years period. finasteride even made me look younger in facial area too. No braing fog or gyno, because back then I alwas had a high T (twice the maximum of referencial values). So I conclude that T was not really an issue with my hair as much as DHT. Since I'm not willing to kill my dick again for a couple of years, I do not want to take that finasteride sh*t orally ever again. Hence the experimental thoughts with RU and recently discovered topical DUTA thanks to your posts. RU makes me nervous, because it goes systemic a bit and it blocks all androgen receptors. I don't want to mess with my heart function either. It seems like the liposomal DUTA is the only way for me to try. I was in contact with that clinic in Belgium, but I am not willing to travel to Belgium (I am from Czech Republic) in these pandemic times in order to get the prescription. If you have any other quality source of lipo DUTA without presription, I would really appreciate if you could please send me a link in private message. I found some source in China, but I am a bit sceptical. Thank you very much.

Now I use just home made adjusted ZIX, nizoral once a day, minoxidil (it gave me sunken eyes), 100mg aspirin, dermaroller 1x a week, Zinc, scalp massage very rarely. It holds pretty much what I have, but what I have left on my had is just a half of what I had gained with the regimen I mentioned above in first sentence.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best results I had so far was 8years ago with oral finasteride 0,5mg + 250mg aspirin orally on daily basis, and minoxidil 5% twice a day, nizoral 2x a week. It even filled my temples back after 6 months. I had hair like Elvis. But finasteride also gave me ED. My dick had not been working properly since quitting that regimen for about 2 years period. finasteride even made me look younger in facial area too. No braing fog or gyno, because back then I alwas had a high T (twice the maximum of referencial values). So I conclude that T was not really an issue with my hair as much as DHT. Since I'm not willing to kill my dick again for a couple of years, I do not want to take that finasteride sh*t orally ever again. Hence the experimental thoughts with RU and recently discovered topical DUTA thanks to your posts. RU makes me nervous, because it goes systemic a bit and it blocks all androgen receptors. I don't want to mess with my heart function either. It seems like the liposomal DUTA is the only way for me to try. I was in contact with that clinic in Belgium, but I am not willing to travel to Belgium (I am from Czech Republic) in these pandemic times in order to get the prescription. If you have any other quality source of lipo DUTA without presription, I would really appreciate if you could please send me a link in private message. I found some source in China, but I am a bit sceptical. Thank you very much.

Now I use just home made adjusted ZIX, nizoral once a day, minoxidil (it gave me sunken eyes), 100mg aspirin, dermaroller 1x a week, Zinc, scalp massage very rarely. It holds pretty much what I have, but what I have left on my had is just a half of what I had gained with the regimen I mentioned above in first sentence.
I second this. I was thinking of re-starting topical finasteride in a super low dosage (0.02mg) but I keep reading good stuff about topical duta. I'd also be more partial to applying something once a week.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one left and wont touch it as a former PFS sufferer. It is unopened

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dutasteride is a dht inhibitor but anti androgen. Wouldn’t it need to go systemic to work like block the conversion. I thought dutasteride didn’t work locally. Am I wrong?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Test is reduced to DHT on the liver, prostate, skin and hair follicles. Dutasteride would reach the dermis at prevent conversion on the scalp and hair follicles while a miniscule part due to it's molecular weight would become vascularized reaching other tissues. It's already coming in contact with the 5AR before reaching the bloodstream on the highly vascularized deeper layers.

I have confirmed many times now that systemic DHT reduction is neglible while scalp DHT is heavily reduced with bloodwork (4 or 5 times by now) at different dosages and frequencies.

To be honest this is all theory, I don't have another explanation but it's great news.

Finasteride goes entirely systemic in it's topical form. Reduced the same DHT as taken orally on my bloodwork and the only difference is the molecular size.

I even overdosed on topical dutasteride and still couldn't get DHT as low as with oral finasteride.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Test is reduced to DHT on the liver, prostate, skin and hair follicles. Dutasteride would reach the dermis at prevent conversion on the scalp and hair follicles while a miniscule part due to it's molecular weight would become vascularized reaching other tissues. It's already coming in contact with the 5AR before reaching the bloodstream on the highly vascularized deeper layers.

I have confirmed many times now that systemic DHT reduction is neglible while scalp DHT is heavily reduced with bloodwork (4 or 5 times by now) at different dosages and frequencies.

To be honest this is all theory, I don't have another explanation but it's great news.

Finasteride goes entirely systemic in it's topical form. Reduced the same DHT as taken orally on my bloodwork and the only difference is the molecular size.

I even overdosed on topical dutasteride and still couldn't get DHT as low as with oral finasteride.
Check my dm I sent you

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Mustang proved and said everything, it's time for testing instead of talking

Get liposomal Duta 0.1% , use it every 14 to 21 days

Do a DHT Bloodtest before usage and after 3 months

Count your hair fall in the sink before and after usage twice a week when you wash your hair

Watch out for side effects

Make good pictures before and after 3 -6 months usage

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Mustang proved and said everything, it's time for testing instead of talking

Count your hair fall in the sink before and after usage twice a week when you wash your hair

Why 3 months? One week after application will give you the data what you want. Every 14-21 days are too infrequent imo

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

+1

I think it's time to test it and just repeat your bloodwork.

You will be surprised.

3 months is too long. You can do baseline, apply, check the next day, then apply, check at 7 days, apply again twice in 14 days and check again.

If hair loss is reduced but still significant then you can increase your frequency.

I will be using 0.1% (2ml) 3 times a week most likely. Depends on TRT.

HighPregnenolone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang I‘ve been researching topical dutasteride intensively after seeing your posts around the internet.

Extremely similar experience regarding oral finasteride sides and crown hair loss progression...

The 500 dalton rule and your results are truly my only hope at this point.

I’m 23 years old living in the USA. One of your posts claims you realized the liposomal vehicle isn’t required? Is this still the case?

I reached out to Medikimos for the liposomal sauce and they need an in-person consultation. With the current CV-19 status, I’m going to look like Jeff Bezos before I’m able to fly out there...I can’t find the liposomal version for my life out here and I’m still waiting to hear back from Alvi Armani on their topical dutasteride

I’m willing to shave my long hair and document the progress through a YouTube channel for the sake of science and the community if you’re able to point me in the right direction (making my own or getting a non-liposomal version compounded)

Thanks again for all you’ve done @Mustang , a true asset to the hair loss community.

Attachments

• 86FF383A-A008-4651-80BA-C3C55BFC0D17.png
    86FF383A-A008-4651-80BA-C3C55BFC0D17.png
    159 KB · Views: 128

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a side note, is there any way to measure scalp dht?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang I‘ve been researching topical dutasteride intensively after seeing your posts around the internet.

Extremely similar experience regarding oral finasteride sides and crown hair loss progression...

The 500 dalton rule and your results are truly my only hope at this point.

I’m 23 years old living in the USA. One of your posts claims you realized the liposomal vehicle isn’t required? Is this still the case?

I reached out to Medikimos for the liposomal sauce and they need an in-person consultation. With the current CV-19 status, I’m going to look like Jeff Bezos before I’m able to fly out there...I can’t find the liposomal version for my life out here and I’m still waiting to hear back from Alvi Armani on their topical dutasteride

I’m willing to shave my long hair and document the progress through a YouTube channel for the sake of science and the community if you’re able to point me in the right direction (making my own or getting a non-liposomal version compounded)

Thanks again for all you’ve done @Mustang , a true asset to the hair loss community.

Get your doctor do a prescription for you and order a liposomal version from Parati or any other compounding pharmacy that knows the stuff. You don't need to pay Lupanzula's fees or even worse 60 euro for a month supply. That's ridiculous.
They get it from Parati anyway and trying to make money out of it.