3 Months On Topical Dutasteride - Results

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes
High dosage and infrequent application works better for me to cover the areas and not allow systemic build up.
I could probably apply 2ML of 0.5% and still get the same result. It's just I was desperate to stop the shedding at the time and it worked.
I have gone as low as 1ML every 15 days and still works.

0.5mg or 1mg or 2mg of Dutasteride will still inhibit the same amount of DHT.

Considering it doesn't go systemic or very little does I don't care about nuking my scalp DHT.

AndrewU

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang idk whether you’d be able to get the carrier formula but it’d be super helpful. Been looking for one forever to try mesotherapy with dutasteride

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg or 1mg or 2mg of Dutasteride will still inhibit the same amount of DHT.

Considering it doesn't go systemic or very little does I don't care about nuking my scalp DHT.

Have you mesured your DHT before/after? I understand you are very sensitive to serum DHT reduction based on your past experience with topical finasteride but a blood sample would be nice!

It's highly debated whether liposomal dutasteride goes systemic or doesn't. Again, due to its molecular size, some claim its systemic impact is lower than topical finasteride.

AndrewU

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not for mesotherpy
You don't need a carrier for mesotherapy
Dutasteride still has to be put into a solution in order to dose the dutasteride and transfer across the skin. Also microneedling alone is not sufficient- you need a decent carrier

(I mean mesotherapy in the loosest sense, I.e. applying the solution along with miconeedling.)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the success. I just started topical Dutasteride at 1% have been doing once a week and topical Finasteride daily to taper. Trying to learn more about the molecular weight difference. Would be great to have more topical reduction with absorption.

I’m worried that the PGE compounded Rx isn’t ideal but they can only make a cream. Still too much hair to apply a cream other than hairline and temples.

INT

Reaction score
It is crazy how few people have tried this in the past btw. Not many accounts of people trying it.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months:

4-months-topical-dutasteride.jpg

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it to the scalp
I part the hair and apply it and rub it in once a week
I leave it overnight (it dries within an hour or so)
I don't wash it the next day, just come it and wash the next

Thank you brother

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I get also strong sides from topical finasteride please let us know where you get the topical dutasteride from (which pharmacy and which Dr. is prescribing it?)

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried it Liposomal
Could work better!

Edit: I have never tried liposomal Finasteride
Edit 2: Could work better than non liposomal finasteride which gave me sides.

Last edited:

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using the same dutasteride lotion for close to 11 months. The frontal area has continued to get decimated unfortunately.

Quite an expensive treatment also.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using the same dutasteride lotion for close to 11 months. The frontal area has continued to get decimated unfortunately.

Quite an expensive treatment also.

Sorry to hear. Some people don't respond to dutasteride orally thus I assume some won't respond to it topically either.
Have you tried mesotherapy? It's more powerful than topical
What is your vehicle ?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Some people don't respond to dutasteride orally thus I assume some won't respond to it topically either.
Have you tried mesotherapy? It's more powerful than topical
What is your vehicle ?

It's the same liposomal gel that you are using.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am super responder to anything but I also get the sides. Shedding stopped almost immediately but after some time I got strong ED and Low Libido (but weaker than on oral). ED recovered after 1 month , Libido not yet and that's after a couple of months

But I am also now on Adenosine which also affects my libido