3 months of not treating hairloss - tattoos etc.

Cassin

Reaction score
Kyriakin

Could you please put your story in the "Tell Your Story" area when you have time? I just checked and I didn't see one by you. You could just cut and paste many parts of this thread....this is a good thread and putting your story in a more permanent are would help a lot of folks out.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shaved head looks good now...wait till you can start seeing the horse shoe pattern...then u will start thinking about treatments again.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Kyriakin, thanks for such a great post.

Im 18 years old and a freshmen at college. Everyday, it is getting harder for me to sit down and do my work because I keep thinking about my hair loss. When I finally get it out of my head and start getting down to business, I'll gently touch my hair and out pops 20 hairs or so. Then I freak out and pout for a while. I have a feeling my grades will soon start to go down. Actually, I have finals coming up in the next week.....I should have been studying for them all day, but instead I've been on the forum reading messages all day because I can no longer concentrate!

I too was considered good looking by the "hotties". It wasn't to the extent where I could walk into the room and have girls giggle, but when I was tan, I was a prime target for girls. I just feel so helpless now. The college I go to is pretty much full of rich, stuck up kids, who are all so focused on appearance. I have yet to see someone who is bald or truly ugly here. I would shave my hair off, but my hair loss is diffuse, I have a pretty bad case of dermatitis on my scalp, and I have one of those weird shaped heads. Luckily, I was able to cover it up with my hair in the past. I also have a pretty big nose (here's a stereotype....I'm Jewish), but when my hair was very full, it didn't appear to be so big at all....once I go bald, it will look horrible.

I am also very self conscious. Like you, I never made the best of my opportunities with the girls because I was too shy. I mean, I had some pretty good options at some point, and to think that I am balding, I will never get those kind of options again. For me, it is going to be extremely hard from going after attractive girls to going after girls who I don't think are attractive.

I wish I could have presented my thoughts in a better written threat, but my thoughts are just all over the place as I am really depressed and I am only writing what comes to mind.

By the way, what's everyones opinions on wigs? Some look pretty damn good....

The Gardener

Reaction score
marksb11 said:
By the way, what's everyones opinions on wigs? Some look pretty damn good....

I tried a hair system for a while, several months. Yes, they look good sometimes, but other times they look terrible. It depended on what time of the month you viewed it, and the rate of color fade from the wig hair. Remember that while your scalp produces hair of a consistent color, the hair system hair color fades over time.. about a month or so.. at which time you have to go into the shop and have them dye it again. Thus, the hair color of the hairpiece may look good sometimes, but usually I found it to be slightly off, as did some other people who saw me.

The maintenance on those things is very time consuming, and very expensive. It is not a 'shell out the initial investment and then it's done' kind of a proposition. Some here think minoxidil is hard, well, consider a morning full of trimming strips of two-sided tape and handling very sticky glue. And only when you get that done, and let it dry a bit, can you actually begin your attempts to style it. I found it to be a colossal pain in the ***, but that's just me and maybe it did not fit in well with my active lifestyle. It also made me VERY self-conscious. I'd walk up to women to talk, and they would give me a certain look, and I'd always be asking myself, 'oh God, does she know it's fake?'

And a few times when I had the opportunity to get a little romantic with a girl, that moment would always come where she would want to put her hands through my hair... and I developed this flinch where I would jerk my head away, desperately try to stop her hand from wandering into my locks and never did come up with an acceptable explanation to a woman as to why I was doing it.

Getting on a hair system is something that requires some deep thought before doing it. This is just my opinion, I know there are others out there who may be satisfied with them.

misterium

Reaction score
The Gardener: I can only imagine the level of maintenance that goes into owning/wearing a piece.. I personally would have to 'do my best' without hair, before even thinking of wearing a hair piece..

If people thought minoxidil was a pain, I cannot imagine the expense and maintenace factor of a piece as being at all tolerable..

Kyriakin: Have you ever had any emotional related problems in regards to your facial muscle problem which prohibits your mouth from smiling ?

Do you believe that the only real cause of emotional concern within your life, lies in your hairloss ?

Take care,
-Mike

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
well the "6" guy is a natural honest picture. Not the best looking guy but he's being himself.

In your "4.1" picture you're trying too hard and it's obvious. Get rid of the tilty head pout face picture and just be natural. I bet your score will jump. Pictures that are natural and you don't try to pose like some model from GQ usually turn out to be better. I learned that from photo shoots back in my band days.

BHD

Petchsky

Reaction score
BHD speaks the truth! Not exactly the best picture i have seen from you. It makes you look a little pretentious. Personally i think your a good looking chap. Try a better photo and your score will be a lot better and don't use the one with blond hair.

Hotornot.com, forgot all about that website... don't think i dare put a picture up myself but i don't care what other people think, i know i'm hot!

G

no1md.jpg

First up Kyriakin, don't take any of this the wrong way, I don't mean to insult you, just give you the facts as I see 'em :)

Left hand picture:

Preening, self obsessed, affected effeminate head tilt, picture taken in stairwell of piss drenched run down inner city estate.

Right arm out stretched holding the camera, as this guy has no friends around.

very very grey. slightly scary.

Right hand picture:

Same guy, strong looking sort, waiting for his flight to be called at Berlin airport, photo taken by his mate Paul, both are on the way to Japan to DJ / Start work on a new film / solve world poverty.

bit of colour.

Kyriakin, you are a good looking guy, but you looked a bit 'cheap boy band' before you shaved your hair, you look a load better after, drop the pouting, that may have suited your old look, but it makes you look homosexual now :freaked: .

Kyriakin said:
We're heterosexual men. We see beauty and attractiveness in 'pretty' women. An attractive woman to us is one with long hair, and a very feminate look. As a result, these are the only attractive features that a heterosexual man can see in another man (or yourself). We can only see attractiveness in a man who is feminine-looking, with long, flowing hair, because it closely matches what we see in women

this is a very generalized and vague overview of attraction, I will not even attempt to sum up cross-gender attraction in a single post, but suffice to say that a males attraction to a female is concentrated almost entirely (especially in the very early stages of attraction) on physical attributes.

A females attraction to a male is much more diffuse, taking in a broader range of attributes.

There are very clear evolutionary reasons for this difference.

Petchsky

Reaction score
TynanW speaks the truth! wow your photoshop skills are amazing. Okay i have taken it upon myself to enter the right hand picture which is essentially the same with a few changes made by Ty back onto http://www.hotornot.com

Kyriakin, how long day wise did you have your picture up for? when that time is up i will post the result back in this thread.

P.S Hope you don't mind

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ty....freaking sh*t main! The photoshop skills you have are just crazy time! Good sh*t...

Oh, and on a side note...I completely agree with you.

Tony

G

Kyriakin - I haven’t seen you mention Hair Transplants. Aren’t they an option?

Btw, I can totally relate to what you've written. Apart from a few aspects of what you wrote, it's pretty much how I feel.

If that was you in 2003, then the change is mammoth. It's just a shame. I would never go down the tattoo route personally.

I will go via a Hair Transplants, sooner rather than later. Even if it buys me a good 5 years of great hair. I know in that 5 years, I could live life to the fullest, doing anything (within reason of course) that I wanted.

I'd also spend a lot of time helping others, because I know what it's like to feel at rock bottom emotionally. I'd be a better person all round, but that's a whole different matter.

Anyway, you shouldn’t of quit using the meds. You should set yourself a plan. Don't go down the thug route. For example - stick to the big 3. Get a job, save up for 3 good years putting money by each week and when you’re 25, get a Hair Transplants. Use the meds with the big 3 to help hold onto your hair as long as possible.

Isn’t that better?

Tynan - how much would you say Hair Transplants are in the UK? Dr Rogers does 1, 000 FUE for £4000. Is that good - anyone?

So Kyriakin, surely you can manage to save up $8,000 in 3 years no?

Does that make sense, or is there a flaw in what I’m saying - anyone?

I hate threads when I see people "give up". it just adds the whole "doomed" element to proceedings, which isn’t good for morale.

Good luck anyway.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner,

That was a great post!

Kyriakin,

Bro, you are not a bad looking guy far higher then a 4.1/10, and i say this with an unblemished streak of hetersexuality. To tell you the truth, I think you can pull off the shaved head look quite well. However, dont give up man, keep taking the meds, save some money like Gunner said and enjoy life. Hairloss can be very traumatic, but its not the end of the world and the more you put yourself into a negative mindset the longer you will suffer. Keep your head up main, when the smoke settles you will always come out on top, never give up!

Tony

G

Gunner said:
Tynan - how much would you say HT’s are in the UK? Dr Rogers does 1, 000 FUE for £4000. Is that good - anyone?

Gunner, couldn't tell ya mate! never really looked into it, I suppose when you have saved up enough for a decent hair job, other technologies will be filtering onto the market, so it's hard to tell what you should be saving up for, but if that's the way forward for you, start saving, stick your cash into a long term / high interest account. By the time you have £4000-£5000 saved, procedures may have advanced and you might be able to do a lot more with that cash (Arsenal season tickets should be around £140,000 by then).

Hair cloning may only be another 3 or 4 years behind that, so maybe you should hold out for that, hard to tell, see how it goes. You might have met some bird by then and the whole hair thing takes a back seat as you spunk your £5000 on a second-hand jag.

Gunner, I know you always say your pictures do not do your situation justice, could you stick some up that do?

cheers

and good luck

Ty

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel really bad for you if you need the approval of some fat-***, pimpled-faced, anonymous internet-using teenage girls to tell you if you're good looking or not.

Besides, the shaggy boy-band, bleach-blonde, "my name is Zach Love" look made you look like a tool. You look much better now.

But thats not really the point, these guys are right... Stop worrying about trying to be a model and be happy with who you are.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kyriakin, give us a close-up pic of that tatt! We're curious!