3 Months Dutasteride Destroyed Me Psychological. (pics Included)

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
reDutasteride will kill your hair.Maximun dose 0,5 mg at week

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really long hair for a male? My hair is longer than yours and I wouldn't consider it long.. Not one bit. Normally I would use this sort of post as anti dutasteride propaganda lol, but since you said you did see regrowth for a while then I recommend you stick with it. That's alot of hair to lose in a few months.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your initial pics were deceiving of length and looked a lot shorter. Also you misinterpreted what I said. I said I ( ME not you ) would use this post as propaganda against dutasteride. We're all trying to save our hair man, but sometimes treatments do more harm than good.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen the same story so many times and the exact same happened to me. I'm plotting through it, but my hair is obviously not coming back.

I would add finasteride back to the regimen, wait 6 months and see what happens. Maybe you're one of those people who respond well to finasteride but not to dutasteride. If hair comes back just drop duta.

My theory is that testosterone is doing more damage than the amount of DHT that has been inhibited extra by dutasteride ( vs finasteride ). Majority of people are better of dutasteride but there are some of us who have more problem with extra testosterone.

So to be more clear, you're inhibiting the extra type of DHT with dutasteride that does not play any role in hairloss ( as studies suggest ) but you'll still get more testosterone because of this. Could be just a broscience but that's the closest answer I came up with to why dutasteride is worse than finasteride for some people.

Maybe we should combat extra testosterone with RU or CB. Just an idea. I haven't seen a lot of people using dutasteride and RU at the same time.

Just my .2 cents, it's just a theory.

Last edited:

Pnl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen the same story so many times and the exact same happened to me. I'm plotting through it, but my hair is obviously not coming back.

I would add finasteride back to the regimen, wait 6 months and see what happens. Maybe you're one of those people who respond well to finasteride but not to dutasteride. If hair comes back just drop duta.

My theory is that testosterone is doing more damage than the amount of DHT that has been inhibited extra by dutasteride ( vs finasteride ). Majority of people are better of dutasteride but there are some of us who have more problem with extra testosterone.

So to be more clear, you're inhibiting the extra type of DHT with dutasteride that does not play any role in hairloss ( as studies suggest ) but you'll still get more testosterone because of this. Could be just a broscience but that's the closest answer I came up with to why dutasteride is worse than finasteride for some people.

Maybe we should combat extra testosterone with RU or CB. Just an idea. I haven't seen a lot of people using dutasteride and RU at the same time.

First of all, thank you for your answer. At first sight i thought the same theory as you. But then why would my hair grow back stronger after the initial shed. Im continue dutasteride with 2 more months. After 6 six maybe i add RU.

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
So... for now dustateride didn't destroy you psychologically. Reading the title someone would think it didn't work but apparently it did. Maybe it was just a hard process at the beginning but as I told you in the other thread there is an important improvement. And you've told me that you haven't had any side effects. Great.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your answer. At first sight i thought the same theory as you. But then why would my hair grow back stronger after the initial shed. Im continue dutasteride with 2 more months. After 6 six maybe i add RU.
You will grow and shed because of hair cycles. Don't blame dutasteride/finasteride. Its probably the only current treatment that will save your hair. Eat healthy, live healthy and stick it out

Reactions: Pnl

Pnl

My Regimen
Reaction score
So... for now dustateride didn't destroy you psychologically. Reading the title someone would think it didn't work but apparently it did. Maybe it was just a hard process at the beginning but as I told you in the other thread there is an important improvement. And you've told me that you haven't had any side effects. Great.

I made the thread when my first dutasteride shad began. I was in real panick. Thats why i made the thread. I thought i lost the hair, but after 5 months the hairs got back stronger and thicker. So i need to change the topic name because its not actual any more

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It’s entirely about aromatase expression in the scalp.

That’s literally what they found in an important study that women had way more aromatase expression in the scalp then men and that the expression was stronger in the non balding areas (the back and sides). That straight up says that it’s all about aromatase expression.

Idk why everyone is so focused on anything otherwise. Androgens can actually upregulate aromatase expression. He’s nuking his androgens tremendously. Too much. It’s clear that a balance is necessary for growth. Not extremes.

As people get older their hormones shift and if you are on finasteride or duta and it was working for you before. Their affects will shift as well. So if your hormones shift enough those beneficial affects may diminish

The balance may be lost. It’s not clear what the perfect balance is. Everyone is different.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP, DHT is 3x androgenic as testosterone. And we know Androgens and genetics cause hair loss. BUT the average male has 50ng/dl DHT (Range of 25-75), and 500ng/dl Testosterone (Range of 250-900). If u do 50*3=150ng/dl is how much androgens u remove from your body with DHT blockers. In reality with this math we can see testosterone is the enemy of hair more so than DHT. Just look at all the people who used Oral Spironolactone and Estrogen. They went from bald to NW2 or less.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP, DHT is 3x androgenic as testosterone. And we know Androgens and genetics cause hair loss. BUT the average male has 50ng/dl DHT (Range of 25-75), and 500ng/dl Testosterone (Range of 250-900). If u do 50*3=150ng/dl is how much androgens u remove from your body with DHT blockers. In reality with this math we can see testosterone is the enemy of hair more so than DHT. Just look at all the people who used Oral Spironolactone and Estrogen. They went from bald to NW2 or less.
Testosterone and dht both exhibit completely diffirent functions on the receptor. If testosterone and dht did the same exact thing. Then the body would just make more testosterone rather than make dht. You can’t treat two different hormones as equal.

Men who have 5ar defeciency never lose their hair.

The reason people get hair back on transgender drugs is because they start to express more aromatase in their scalp Without testosterone the aromatase would be pointless. Literally if u have zero testosterone you will lose hair. Cause u won’t have estrogen

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone and dht both exhibit completely diffirent functions on the receptor. If testosterone and dht did the same exact thing. Then the body would just make more testosterone rather than make dht. You can’t treat two different hormones as equal.

The reason people get hair back on transgender drugs is because they start to express more aromatase in their scalp Without testosterone the aromatase would be pointless. Literally if u have zero testosterone you will lose hair. Cause u won’t have estrogen
Spironolactone displaces estrogen from SHBG so it won't matter if you have testosterone because the estrogen would be independent of the testosterone

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score

Testosterone only binds to the hair follicles by 10% vs dht. I've taken trt for years. It's not the testosterone it's the dht. I'm posting a video not related to hairloss but related to hormones, and how gyno is genetic NOT specifically caused by drugs.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone only binds to the hair follicles by 10% vs dht. I've taken trt for years. It's not the testosterone it's the dht. I'm posting a video not related to hairloss but related to hormones, and how gyno is genetic NOT specifically caused by drugs.
An androgen is an androgen. It doesn't matter if its dht or testosterone. But its more likely testosterone.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
An androgen is an androgen. It doesn't matter if its dht or testosterone. But its more likely testosterone.
That's where you are wrong You really need to do your research and speak from experience, not from the fear mongering and reposting what others have said. Your young and I wish you luck. Judging by your profile picture you have nothing to worry about