27 month update page 17

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 1 year 5 month update

Lux said:
ok. what about erection? u really think it' gonna be the same inspite of blocking 95% of DHT?

Even more. As I've said, if you've lot of Libido by that woman (or man, who knows) your erection will last even more.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Shadow, those are some good results. My story is similar to yours. I started on finasteride in july of 07 with good results. I switched to dutasteride in june of 08 basically because it seemed logical to expect better results with dutasteride. After a few months may hair looked a bit thinner and lighter, but after about 6 months on dutasteride hair was probably a bit better than its bets point on propecia. There was no major difference between the two drugs, but maybe slightly better with dutasteride, and hopefully the results last a bit longer. No sides with either of them.

still though I doubt I things will get any better so i'm considering adding minoxidil once a night. Although I have no sides with dht blockers, all those horror stories about minoxidil giving people fat faces and wrinkles are making me apprehensive about trying it. I'm probably about an NW2 right now, my hair isnt as good as yours but i'm pretty sure I can get to look about that good with decent regrowth from minoxidil.

I hate all the horror stories here with these drugs although after using both dutasteride and finasteride with zero sides i'm starting to think 99% of the people claiming sides are just freaking themselves out, so i can't help but think the same thing about minoxidil.

JWM

Reaction score

I hate all the horror stories here with these drugs although after using both dutasteride and finasteride with zero sides i'm starting to think 99% of the people claiming sides are just freaking themselves out, so i can't help but think the same thing about minoxidil.

Bingo! :bravo: Go for it dude. You'll be fine.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I probably will end up giving it a shot. I'll probably use it once a day though instead of twice just to reduce the mess. If Shadow's results are any indication of what I can expect I'll be ecstatic.

JWM, are you on any meds? How've they worked out?

JWM

Reaction score

Dogs

Been on the Big 3 forever. Slowed my thinning down, but still losing. I say give minoxidil a shot.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

1 year and 9 months guys!

Somewhere at the end of June I'll have hit 2 years on treaments. (With balding having roughly begun in 05-06). Geez. What a blessing these treatments have been to me. Thank you everyone!

My tips to everyone:

1. Consistency, try not to change your regimen for at least a year, and I would recommend just starting full force with the big 3.
2. Don't delay starting the treatments! The longer you wait the more hair you lose that may never come back.
3. Don't let it get you down, if you find yourself thinking about hairloss 24/7 then I think it's time to buzz it down. Maybe give Toppik a shot. Granted, I think everybody is a Norwood watcher so don't worry about that it's pretty normal.
4. Don't let all these negative posts about everything get in your head. There is such a thing as placebo effect, and its possible that is causing your sides.
5. Don't let balding define who you are. Be happy and free spirited and smile and try and joke.

These are more tips from the outside since everybody is going to say that I don't even know what real balding is.

Last edited:

Jersey

Reaction score

Those are some of the best tips I've seen on here Shadow! I think so much of this fight is about attitude. My manager started with the jokes about my hair last year talking about how I'd be bald (like him) in a couple of years and just having a great time at my expense. After that I became real self conscious about it and started thinking about it all the time. It really messed with me! I started treatment 2 weeks ago and since then, I have just stopped caring so much and obsessing about it. I just keep on my regimen and know that I'm doing all I can do about it. Its really in Gods hands now, Either the medicine will work or it wont. I also wanted to say how great your progress looks. Your story and some others on here certainly give me reason to be optimistic. 1 question, would you say that I should switch to rogaine foam now (just 2 weeks in to it) or would you recommend seeing how the minoxidil works after a month or two? Just looking for an opinion. Best of luck to you Man!

JWM

Reaction score

Congrats, Shadow!

Still doing dutasteride twice a week and minoxidil once a night?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Yessir dutasteride 2x a week.

AFAIK Rogaine FOAM is only 80% as effective as liquid so if you don't get any irritation from the liquid I would just stay on it.

JWM

Reaction score

Forgot to ask, Shadow, are you using Nizoral? If so, how often and at what percentage?

Cheers.

And, Irish, he is using the liquid (Kirkland)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Jan 2009

April 2010

I think is a little more diffused on the top, hard to tell though. If you look at the density of the strands of hair that are behind the hair band you can see a difference. What do you guys think? What norwood would you say I am?

Last edited:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Yeah that's like a 'perfect" mature hairline. too bad all of our recessions don't stop somewhere around there without finasteride\minoxidil, sigh.

JWM

Reaction score

Shadow

After some time now, would you say you respond better to Finasteride or dutasteride?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I think my duprost is from UnitedPharmacies I can't remember.

As far as dutasteride vs finasteride, I would say the benefits of dutasteride over finasteride are barely any or negligible. I think Switching from finasteride to dutasteride caused some kind of shed though, so it might be better to just stay on one for the entirety of hair loss treatment. I do think the side effects are very slightly less on dutasteride though. Its also hard to remember to take a pill twice a week versus every day. I miss a dose and end up taking it the next day at least once every two months.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just checking in, this is my 27month update.

Month 27:

Month 18:

I feel like I don't really recede much anymore, but to me it feels and seems like the entire top is very slowly is thinning. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

GeminiX

Reaction score
Looks great, but hard to see progress between your first photos at the start of the thread to these because they are such different angles, lighting, styling etc.

That aside, your hair as it is now looks terrific, long may you maintain it :)