25 - balding - starting regime finasteride&min

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
I had some gains in my hairline, but my temples didn't fill up. Depending on how my hair falls you can clearly see I'm balding, but on other days it's not that visible. No edge of the forest because I just don't have a lot of hair left.

A girl I know since two months told me "I think you're starting to bald a bit?". Since I had really obvious signs a year ago that is good enough for me :)
It's such a good feeling knowing the process is slowed down and my hair is improving bit by bit. Whenever I go swimming the hair on the top of my head is hiding all the scalp. No more see-through, such a relief.

Maybe I'll try the derma needle in the future... but so far so good :)

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Sooo, for everybody who's curious:

Never check the forum anymore... I quit worrying about it I guess. I switched to Kirkland Minoxidil 5% foam because it's easier to apply and I skipped the liquid because it took a long time to dry. I'm on min & finasteride for more than a year and my hair is looking the same as three years ago. Will post pictures in a few weeks for comparison :)

And the best thing is, for all you guys: if you stop worrying about it, it will really effect your self esteem in a positive way. Starting a regimen did just that :)

Oh, and I still find small hairs around the hairline. Progress!

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Headless, really good results! Nice one.

Oh, and this point:

And the best thing is, for all you guys: if you stop worrying about it, it will really effect your self esteem in a positive way. Starting a regimen did just that http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/70049-25-balding-starting-regime-finasteride-amp-min/images/smilies/yes.gif

I experienced something similar. By beginning and sticking with a regimen I have really felt more relaxed, because I'm doing all I am prepared to do. Definitely affected me for the better!

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a shed right now, last few days I've been losing more than before. Two months ago I switched from irregular min liquid (max. once per day) use to regular min foam (morning and evening), and my hair is looking better. Think the shed is actually a sign of improvement (since my hair is getting fuller all together). Just wanted to let you lurkers know ;)

teddyfish

Reaction score
Mind updating with a pic? I've been on finasteride for 7 months and I have seen some regrowth on the hairline and overall but nowhere near as much as you did in your 7 months. I haven't thought about using minoxidil until now because I wanted to make sure how I would react to finasteride. I'm looking to add minoxidil once a day at night before bed. What do you recommend?

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah no problem. Left & top right is my hair without any product, right bottom is my hair with some styling clay. Gives my hair a bit more volume.

haar-update.jpg

I recommend getting on minoxidil. I use Kirkland 5% foam, which I find really easy to use. I apply it after I shower in the morning and about 15 minutes before I go to bed. I rub it in gently on the whole balding area (top of my head). Works great for me!

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding. Ran my fingers through my hair and got quite some hairs between my fingers (10?)..

The hair on the front (between my temples) is looking strange, it's just 2-4 cm long and I can't tell if they are new or damaged hairs which don't want to grow anymore... time will tell!

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
haarupdate.jpg

The picture quality is not that good but my hair is getting better and better. I still have a receding hairline (NW3).
At age 20 I looked age 20. At age 25 I looked almost 30. Now at age 27 I look 27 again. I'm one happy dude about this.

I also ordered derma needles. Don't know if they're going to help but we'll see. Still using generic finasteride (1.25mg/day) and min (Kirkland foam, apply 2 times a day).

pkuwsn

Reaction score
Seems hairline is indeed hard to recover, but the result itself is very good. Warting to see your future pics.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazing results man. I need to stop obsessing about it. How did you overcome this?...When you started to see results?

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed my first results after 9 months of min and 6 months of finasteride. Less hair falling out. Could finally comb my hair without finding 50 hairs in the sink afterwards. I think 6-9 months after that before I actually saw some real results (stronger and more hair). Good luck mate!

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Grateful!!

Yesterday there was a party, a guy was speaching. His head was shining, he was balding quite bad. Me and a friend were laughing about it, not about him balding but his head shining like the sun.. he might have polished his head just before. The friend said he shouldn't laugh because that could be him in a few years (he's balding as well). No further comments about me or my situation. I'm maintaining the progress I made.

Really happy with my regimen. Living proof daily min&finasteride work :D

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
hair-update.jpg

The pictures are a bit blurry but made in daylight. Been on min for 2 years now, finasteride for about 20 months.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Still going strong, haven't checked the thread for 1,5 months now.

People around me (my age) are getting balder by the day: collegues, friends.. It's strange to see people around me making comments about other people balding and do not quite consider me a balding person.. which is nice and I'm really happy about it. The regimen, for all people in doubt: it works. I've been doing min/finasteride for over two years now and though the gains are small and take a lot of time.. I couldn't be happier. Hair looks the same as in the last pictures.. no further improvement, just a shorter hair cut.. :)

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
Still going strong, haven't checked the thread for 1,5 months now.

People around me (my age) are getting balder by the day: collegues, friends.. It's strange to see people around me making comments about other people balding and do not quite consider me a balding person.. which is nice and I'm really happy about it. The regimen, for all people in doubt: it works. I've been doing min/finasteride for over two years now and though the gains are small and take a lot of time.. I couldn't be happier. Hair looks the same as in the last pictures.. no further improvement, just a shorter hair cut.. :)

did you se any improvements after 12 month?