24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
unironically I have more issues with oral minoxidil sides than dutasteride, every human reacts so different to each drug so its better to turn yourself into your own experiment

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
unironically I have more issues with oral minoxidil sides than dutasteride, every human reacts so different to each drug so its better to turn yourself into your own experiment
yeah, and its evident that i respond well to topical min so i should just stick to what i know works

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what's the current consensus on LLLT?
I actually started 1 month ago, it 100% works for irritation/inflammation which is actually what topical minoxidil causes me, so only for that still worth those 10min per day for me. As for hair growth... can't tell much yet, but it's not going to be significant.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasn’t it been 1.5 years of minoxidil gains? It could be that you’re just starting to lose again now.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasn’t it been 1.5 years of minoxidil gains? It could be that you’re just starting to lose again now.
Personally I think it aligns with when I stopped topical min and started a low dose oral min so much that I’m leaning towards it being that oral just didn’t feed the follicles the same as topical. But only time will tell. As before, I don’t mind the buzzcut

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think it aligns with when I stopped topical min and started a low dose oral min so much that I’m leaning towards it being that oral just didn’t feed the follicles the same as topical. But only time will tell. As before, I don’t mind the buzzcut
If you navigate a bit on r/tressless, now that oral minoxidil is more mainstream, I seen at least 10-15 people saying the same thing that happened to you and people regret stopping topical.

I think its basically because Topical minoxidil only works for a minority (40% of users according to studies), while OM works in 100% users, so in general, more users benefit switching to oral than not.

But for the cases where you already responded topically, esp. mixed with microneedling which is known to interact with topical minoxidil upregulating WNT, it might be actually counterproductive.

But OM is still useful as an "insurance" and to keep improving the parts where I can't apply topical minoxidil (donor area for transplant, eyebrows, and beard). So I think 2.5mg OM + 1x topical per day seems like best regime for me.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you navigate a bit on r/tressless, now that oral minoxidil is more mainstream, I seen at least 10-15 people saying the same thing that happened to you and people regret stopping topical.

I think its basically because Topical minoxidil only works for a minority (40% of users according to studies), while OM works in 100% users, so in general, more users benefit switching to oral than not.

But for the cases where you already responded topically, esp. mixed with microneedling which is known to interact with topical minoxidil upregulating WNT, it might be actually counterproductive.

But OM is still useful as an "insurance" and to keep improving the parts where I can't apply topical minoxidil (donor area for transplant, eyebrows, and beard). So I think 2.5mg OM + 1x topical per day seems like best regime for me.
Thanks for this mate

yeah I’m still keeping 2.5mg a day but going back to the 2x topical

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzz cut looks good man. Realistically though, how much regrowth are you expecting? You’re wayyyy above baseline.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flash on and flash off of where we are now. Things can change quickly, eh? Gonna keep it shaved and give it time on the initial protocol that worked for me.

Attachments

• 73F579D2-EFA6-44FB-BCF2-C81C4CB9F156.jpeg
    73F579D2-EFA6-44FB-BCF2-C81C4CB9F156.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 8CCC2454-3962-4375-9C24-855F1FE13E89.jpeg
    8CCC2454-3962-4375-9C24-855F1FE13E89.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 290