24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
timelapse top down view:
dandruff was from how dry my scalp became with keto shampoo being used too regularly. most recent photo is from my post on thursday.
This is incredible. If I respond as well as you did I'll be able to recover my thinning at my hairline. When I get my blood work I'll post pictures and start

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you use?
I have not started treatment yet. I'm getting blood work from an endocrinologist first and consultation regarding boosting my testosterone and lowering dht. I'm going to ask for test, dht, estrogen/estradiol, and free test. I think that's all I need. My appointment isn't for a couple weeks though because of covid. Once I get blood work results I'll either start .25mg oral or if I can find it the low dose liposomal topical.

If I get side effects then I'm not sure what I'd do. Hopefully that isn't the case.

I also got 6 cases of rogaine foam which I'm going to apply about 6 months after using finasteride and then once cb0301 comes out I'll probably stack that. I also ordered on hims biotin gummys and I ordered a dermapen. That's pretty much my plan. Hopefully everything works out and I can finally stop worrying about my hair.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finally got enough on top for a decent fade! -- taking a month off finasteride to see how sides resolve.

I knew this would happen. You had so many miniaturized hairs to start with. All you needed was a derma pen and minoxidil. Congrats man, I hope the finasteride doesn’t cause you problems, it’s a messed up drug. Consider zix, min and derma pen if you have sides. Good luck for the future.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
kinda gone from 1mg daily then i went to 1mg EOD then topical but im just gonna give it a month ish to clear out of my system as the australian hair docs said is fine to do, then take it from there @Haironnu

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Other options to consider for antiandrogenic treatment: topical dutasteride (it goes less systemic than topical finasteride due to a larger molecular weight), RU58841, saw palmetto, fluridil, ketoconazole cream

BaldingSadMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
my gains are 99.999% minoxidil/needling atm i believe, though i know im not stopping further miniaturisation
What needle length are you doing? My hair looks similar to yours at the beginning. Tried finasteride when i was 21 and got erection problems almost immediately so stopped. Could be placebo but i dont wanna risk it so im gonna try needling/minoxidil. Although im 32 so idk if i can salvage it.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What needle length are you doing? My hair looks similar to yours at the beginning. Tried finasteride when i was 21 and got erection problems almost immediately so stopped. Could be placebo but i dont wanna risk it so im gonna try needling/minoxidil. Although im 32 so idk if i can salvage it.
1.5mm once a week

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my gains are 99.999% minoxidil/needling atm i believe, though i know im not stopping further miniaturisation
I'm diffused too but unfortunately I'm not gonna start minoxidil, because hair gained by minoxidil 100% depends on minoxidil for the rest of time, and I know I'm not gonna be able to be persistent enough to use minoxidil daily for the rest of my life + I've got cats in my house and minoxidil is very poisonous to cats.

I'll do needling tho, although idk how much is it gonna help without minoxidil

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm diffused too but unfortunately I'm not gonna start minoxidil, because hair gained by minoxidil 100% depends on minoxidil for the rest of time, and I know I'm not gonna be able to be persistent enough to use minoxidil daily for the rest of my life + I've got cats in my house and minoxidil is very poisonous to cats.

I'll do needling tho, although idk how much is it gonna help without minoxidil
Maybe try oral? Honestly it’s not that hard to get it into a routine mate

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was my hair just a few months ago, and will one day be my hair again.
Honestly you don't look bad in that picture. I think with more facial hair you'd look even better.
Other options to consider for antiandrogenic treatment: topical dutasteride (it goes less systemic than topical finasteride due to a larger molecular weight), RU58841, saw palmetto, fluridil, ketoconazole cream
The problem with all of those is not enough research to prove efficacy and safety.

Topical dutasteride- found 1 very small study on mesotherapy with these injections about 3mm deep and it seemed great. But it isn't available in the USA. You may have to travel to Europe to try. I've seen too many anecdotes of topical dutasteride not working at all because it can't penatrate the skin well and reach the follicles.

RU58841 - mpmd uses it and swears by it but I've heard people used it and it didn't help much. Breezula (cb 03 01) is another topical that sounds like will be a total failure. My hope is on kintors products but those have a high chance of failing because they would be very dangerous once systemic. If they can get the high binding affinity of dht along with the drug breaking down once in the blood or staying local then you'd have a true alternative to finasteride.

Saw palmetto - unproven

Fluridil - too weak, just like cb0301.

Ketoconazole - unproven