24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody i think it might look good now if i grew it longer, you see the pics i posted with baseline longer hair, wtih the amount of ground i've recovered it should look alright i think? what are your thoughts guys

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the best recoveries so far. Keep at it. And yeah, trying growing it longer. It might look a bit thin, but longer hair sometimes hides diffuse thinning

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the best recoveries so far. Keep at it. And yeah, trying growing it longer. It might look a bit thin, but longer hair sometimes hides diffuse thinning
thanks selb, yeah i'll carry on growing it and of course keep posting updates here. i know it's looking better as i could never grow it this long without it looking just terrible before. im hoping that once it's longer it looks acceptable / sort of as it did before and i also hope that things continue to improve

also, has anyone made their own topical finasteride before? it seems quite intuitive, like use a pestle&mortar to grind tablets into a powder then put 60mg of finasteride into a 60ml minoxidil solution to make a 2 in 1? is it really that simple?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks selb, yeah i'll carry on growing it and of course keep posting updates here. i know it's looking better as i could never grow it this long without it looking just terrible before. im hoping that once it's longer it looks acceptable / sort of as it did before and i also hope that things continue to improve

also, has anyone made their own topical finasteride before? it seems quite intuitive, like use a pestle&mortar to grind tablets into a powder then put 60mg of finasteride into a 60ml minoxidil solution to make a 2 in 1? is it really that simple?
Yeah topical finasteride isn’t exactly complicated to make. Most people though just buy it premade or mixed with minoxidil to avoid the hassle

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably only in the areas you are directly applying it. In your case you should be putting it on all over the top of your head.
Yeah I’m using it as I have been for the minoxidil - it’s a mix of both finasteride and min, all over the top and temples

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn you got basically a full head of hair now. I think the rest of the slight thinning will be covered up by some more length.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tfw he read my comment out loud :O
beayyvch31t0rcd86sqoaozva427vslkvhwdfc9qy&rid=200w.gif