24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's strange when I was a "guy", I used Keto and it was fine but now in a feminine context, it just destroys my hair and strips it bare. That's how much of a difference in sebum production there is. I seldom wash my hair any longer and I used to wash twice a day if I had been outside.
old thread but when you said destroyed your hair and stripped it bare did you mean the actual hair and not the scalp and how it affected regrowth correct? My hair gets dry too with nizoral so i mix it with 25% castor oil and it doesnt get dry anymore, used to mix it with 20% coconut oil but later found out that its a comedogenic so i instantly stopped with that.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, if you're aggressive with your regimen and a good responder maybe you can get good gains on:

Finasteride or better yet Dutasteride
Minoxidil + Microneedling + Tretinoin
RU58841 or CB-03-01.
Do you put pure tretinoin cream in the minoxidil solution and shake it around and if so much how much quantity for how much solution, i have around 800mg of pure retinoic acid aka tretinoin but idk if its going to have the same properties if i simply dump 1mg of it in an already finished solution.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh that seems reasonable but again you'd still have to be an above average responder and really stick to min and needling. Lots of people make gains but lose them just as quick
if you make a set amount of gains with min though ul be stack on it forever right? I have seen though some people that kept most of their gains with other ways after ditching min and i dont know how sure i am about the statement that dropping min makes you lose all your gains

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you make a set amount of gains with min though ul be stack on it forever right? I have seen though some people that kept most of their gains with other ways after ditching min and i dont know how sure i am about the statement that dropping min makes you lose all your gains
No one that makes gains using min keeps the gains after coming off min.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone confirm that i'm not being insane and just seeing what i want to see? and that i have actually had regrowth?? lol

also i do think i have alopecia areata, gonna see my doctor about it monday.
Unsure about the areata as most of your loss was pretty clear cut male pattern baldness lol but that regrowth is amazing for 6 weeks. Seriously. This already belongs in success stories.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man :) i say we give it 4-6 weeks more and see where we are then, then post it there?

also, do you guys think i could start growing my hair a bit longer now? and i also have the concern that my minoxidil liquid spray may not be as effective with longer hair, should i change to a foam version when it's longer?

also again, just booked to have a HAIRCUT. the first one in MONTHS... i could cry!

Last edited:

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one that makes gains using min keeps the gains after coming off min.
hmm what if along with min i also incorporate a bunch of other stuff that would help with the regrowth of hair, would cutting min make you lose all of the regrown hair, in that case should i just drop oral min from my regimen entirely?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:
20210223_003929.jpg
20210317_142407.jpg
20210317_142416.jpg
20210223_004003.jpg

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm what if along with min i also incorporate a bunch of other stuff that would help with the regrowth of hair, would cutting min make you lose all of the regrown hair, in that case should i just drop oral min from my regimen entirely?
Taking away min takes away the follicle stimulation it provides. If it's part of an intense regimen that already regrows hair then coming off won't take away all gains, but a lot - all min does is juice up your hair follicles while you're on it.

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Why do you think you have alopecia areata? From your pictures, it seems a lot like diffuse male pattern baldness

2) What's your dermarolling technique/device?