24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the topical finasteride leaves my hair kinda sticky/oily and i think it is going systemic still, makes sense given how well the minoxidil absorbs and activates on my scalp? gonna first try 0.5mg equivalent topical at night daily, and minoxidil 2x daily as usual. back to oral and keep 3mg weekly if no improvement in sides.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
the topical finasteride leaves my hair kinda sticky/oily and i think it is going systemic still, makes sense given how well the minoxidil absorbs and activates on my scalp? gonna first try 0.5mg equivalent topical at night daily, and minoxidil 2x daily as usual. back to oral and keep 3mg weekly if no improvement in sides.
Topical finasteride goes systemic, like 10% at least. So if you’re putting 2 mgs on your head, 0.2 mgs of it goes in your system as well. It’s know that 0.2 mg of finasteride suppress 60+% of dht in your body. To avoid sides I’ m putting on my scalp only 0.5 mg of finasteride

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride goes systemic, like 10% at least. So if you’re putting 2 mgs on your head, 0.2 mgs of it goes in your system as well. It’s know that 0.2 mg of finasteride suppress 60+% of dht in your body. To avoid sides I’ m putting on my scalp only 0.5 mg of finasteride
Do you do that once daily? Any studies to back up the 10 percent fact

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you do that once daily? Any studies to back up the 10 percent fact
Yes 0.5 mgs or below that daily. 2 ml at 0.025% daily. But my diffuse thinning is not aggressive like your. We are the same age by the way. If I don’t get gyno from finasteride, I will be using much more of it daily. In the Italian forum they said steroids like finasteride and dutasteride goes systemic pretty easily, they estimates 10-20% depending on the vehicle. With liposomial gel the quote that goes systemic is 1/18.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes 0.5 mgs or below that daily. 2 ml at 0.025% daily. But my diffuse thinning is not aggressive like your. We are the same age by the way. If I don’t get gyno from finasteride, I will be using much more of it daily. In the Italian forum they said steroids like finasteride and dutasteride goes systemic pretty easily, they estimates 10-20% depending on the vehicle. With liposomial gel the quote that goes systemic is 1/18.
for how long have you used topical?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure it helps man but I think it’s human nature to focus on your imperfections so I’m gonna try to maintain my hair
Honestly. At your height you could probably work your *** off at the gym and pull off the dominant look. Short people like me at 5'9 can't really do that.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
How tall do you think Jason Statham is? I'll give you a hint, you're taller then him.
Most sources say he's 5'10, although I've also seen people say he's 5'9 or '8 so idk.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top down view today, no flash. Natural lighting

Attachments

• FDBD9AA1-8525-4AF2-9791-7B136351E7F5.jpeg
    FDBD9AA1-8525-4AF2-9791-7B136351E7F5.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 414

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are such a good responder
For sure I’ve been lucky!

also, would you guys want to see a collation of the results through time?? I’ve taken a bunch more pics on my phone, tbh I’ve taken pics most days so you could click through the pics and actually see how it progressed day by day almost?

Last edited: