24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubt you'll regrow meaningfully with any standard treatments but looks very salvageable with a transplant + standard treatments

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubt you'll regrow meaningfully with any standard treatments but looks very salvageable with a transplant + standard treatments
You've not seen anyone in my situation or a similar one recover much ground? If its longer I thought it was noticeable but less so, was hoping if I could recover some ground itd look semi decent when longer. When it's short like this the thinness is more prominent. Being a diffuse thinner I can kind of expect the whole crown to go eventually so makes a transplant a bit more risky, no?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've not seen anyone in my situation or a similar one recover much ground? If its longer I thought it was noticeable but less so, was hoping if I could recover some ground itd look semi decent when longer. When it's short like this the thinness is more prominent. Being a diffuse thinner I can kind of expect the whole crown to go eventually so makes a transplant a bit more risky, no?
I mean I have across all the forums seen a handful of decent recoveries from your situation or even worse. I guess it depends on your goals

Yeah would only go for a transplant if you were on finasteride at least and pretty stable

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like if I could get back to where I was 2 years ago that'd be acceptable? This was it when I buzzed it in 2019 - I defo don't expect a nw1 haha id just like some density back so I could wear it longer

Attachments

• 20210217_140114.jpg
    20210217_140114.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 533

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I have across all the forums seen a handful of decent recoveries from your situation or even worse. I guess it depends on your goals

Yeah would only go for a transplant if you were on finasteride at least and pretty stable
Replied

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like if I could get back to where I was 2 years ago that'd be acceptable? This was it when I buzzed it in 2019 - I defo don't expect a nw1 haha id just like some density back so I could wear it longer
Oh that seems reasonable but again you'd still have to be an above average responder and really stick to min and needling. Lots of people make gains but lose them just as quick

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh that seems reasonable but again you'd still have to be an above average responder and really stick to min and needling. Lots of people make gains but lose them just as quick
That's a little relieving then. I'm very consistent with it all so far and I really don't find it too taxing. Really appreciate you replying.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Well stick with that for at least 6 months before making any adjustments.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted pics before, don't think I quite represent him, but I'll of course be as bad *** as him ;)

Last edited: