24 Yo, 1 Year On Finasteride... Lost A Lot Of Hair.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell yeah! What do you think has been the best part of your treatment? I remember you were having issues in the beginning.
Consistent use of the topicals, mostly minoxidil (which I believe caused heavy shed when I went off of it in 2017). Hairline seems to be responding well to RU and dermarolling. Crown/diffusion seems less responsive, but it doesn’t seem to worsen either so I’m fine with it.
I believe finasteride and dutasteride didn’t do much for my hair based on DHT tests.

thewhitehand

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, this has been a solid write up, I appreciate all the time you've taken to share.

I'm curious how youve been coming along with the diffuse thinning since it seems to match my own quite well. I have a receding hairline as well but I'm not nearly as concerned about that as I am the overall top thinning I am experiencing. My wet hair combed down almost looks identical to what you have but maybe a bit worse. I was on finasteride for about 2 years with some weird sides but felt like it wasn't really working, went off it last October and in the past 8 months or so i've experienced extreme diffuse thinning. I'm debating whether or not to go back on the finasteride or try something else. Has anything worked well for you for the diffuse / crown thinning? Are you using Minoxidil across your entire scalp?

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update after almost 1.5 year.

Been on RU since December 2018 and dermarolling since March 2019. I'm a bit disappointed in no further regrowth but it also doesn't seem like I lost anything so I guess I'm glad.
The peak regrowth seemed to have occured in June 2019. Around that time I also got off Alpicort and I think my hair responded to it quite well so I might have lost the Alpicort regrowth since. Doesn't concern me too much, though.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    849.1 KB · Views: 467
  • 2.png
    2.png
    907.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 323.png
    323.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 432

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To compare, this is from over 4 years ago.

Attachments

• norwood2.jpg
    norwood2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 347

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking any oral AA?
No, I only use RU from anti-androgens.
add oral minoxidil
Not going to do that, I already experienced side effects with topical minoxidil.
Besides, I think my hair is holding out ok.
I may reintroduce Alpicort E though, this time with a herbal estrogen blocker (I tested it for some time and it did reduce my estrogen levels drastically).

Reactions: KSA

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair looks weaker on those photos. I've the same experience with finasteride , lighter hair and looks and feels way thinner then baseline.
I really feel it accelerated my hairloss.
Dude how is ur hair now ...? R u still using finasteride?...I'm in same a situation

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought they discontinued alpicort E? I don’t know where you can acquire it

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.
It seems Alpicort E was contributing a great deal to my hairline regrowth. After I stopped taking it in spring 2019, I seem to have lost all those additional hairs. However it's still better than it was even in 2018.
It is also worth noting that I'm experiencing intense shedding right now. I'll post an update again in a few months when it's stabilised and I get some new growth there.
edit: I can't post photos, is there some bug going on?

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, very detailed journey

It's clearly a success story. You were clearly heavily duffusely thinning, almost to a no point return. Great recovered.

But it's werid how finasteride/dutasteride did more to your temples than to the diffuse patter. Usually is the opposite.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, very detailed journey

It's clearly a success story. You were clearly heavily duffusely thinning, almost to a no point return. Great recovered.

But it's werid how finasteride/dutasteride did more to your temples than to the diffuse patter. Usually is the opposite.
Haha, to be honest it's mostly that I keep the hair longer these days. If I shaved it it would more or less look the same density-wise, maybe a little better - but I don't think it was that bad, keep in mind my hair is blonde. And it's actually not thanks to finasteride/dutasteride but rather growth promoting agents like minoxidil and alpicort (finasteride and dutasteride didn't change my DHT levels at all and I stopped them to no negative effect).

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I can finally add photos.
As you can see, I lost most of the new hairline growth towards Norwood 1 that I attribute to Alpicort. But the core hairline is still hanging pretty solid near Norwood 2 levels, quite similar to when I was just starting treatment in 2016.

Also I'm in the middle of a heavy shed so I hope I can report some new growth in a month or two.

Attachments

• 2019 VS 2021.png
    2019 VS 2021.png
    795.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 2019 20212.png
    2019 20212.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 191
  • hairline2.png
    hairline2.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 179

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.
It seems Alpicort E was contributing a great deal to my hairline regrowth. After I stopped taking it in spring 2019, I seem to have lost all those additional hairs. However it's still better than it was even in 2018.
It is also worth noting that I'm experiencing intense shedding right now. I'll post an update again in a few months when it's stabilised and I get some new growth there.
edit: I can't post photos, is there some bug going on?
What exactly is Alpicort E??

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think OP was referring to Alpicort F, if I am not wrong, which contains Estradiol Benzoate:
No I actually meant Alpicort E, but yea the main active ingredient is the estradiol which is quite powerful. The systemic absorption is not that big, I had no gyno or anything, but my estradiol levels were elevated. They fell down by a mile after I started taking herbal estrogen blockers though.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I actually meant Alpicort E, but yea the main active ingredient is the estradiol which is quite powerful. The systemic absorption is not that big, I had no gyno or anything, but my estradiol levels were elevated. They fell down by a mile after I started taking herbal estrogen blockers though.
Yes, do tell. I feel as though the name is familiar but that is not a med that most MtF's use:)

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like it's roughly double the concentration of estradiol in bi-estro. Plus has some other good things for skin in it

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like it's roughly double the concentration of estradiol in bi-estro. Plus has some other good things for skin in it
Seems as though I have heard of it but I am not sure where. Maybe when I lived in Europe but that was a while back.