24 Yo, 1 Year On Finasteride... Lost A Lot Of Hair. | Page 9 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

24 Yo, 1 Year On Finasteride... Lost A Lot Of Hair.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Credo, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Credo

Credo Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Consistent use of the topicals, mostly minoxidil (which I believe caused heavy shed when I went off of it in 2017). Hairline seems to be responding well to RU and dermarolling. Crown/diffusion seems less responsive, but it doesn’t seem to worsen either so I’m fine with it.
    I believe finasteride and dutasteride didn’t do much for my hair based on DHT tests.

CrownBalding likes this.
  2. thewhitehand

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey man, this has been a solid write up, I appreciate all the time you've taken to share.

I'm curious how youve been coming along with the diffuse thinning since it seems to match my own quite well. I have a receding hairline as well but I'm not nearly as concerned about that as I am the overall top thinning I am experiencing. My wet hair combed down almost looks identical to what you have but maybe a bit worse. I was on finasteride for about 2 years with some weird sides but felt like it wasn't really working, went off it last October and in the past 8 months or so i've experienced extreme diffuse thinning. I'm debating whether or not to go back on the finasteride or try something else. Has anything worked well for you for the diffuse / crown thinning? Are you using Minoxidil across your entire scalp?