24 Yo, 1 Year On Finasteride... Lost A Lot Of Hair.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut the crap m8. U have very little hairloss and u can't tell the diff in 10 days. When are people gonna learn how male pattern baldness actually works? It takes months and years for hair to grow back thinner or thicker so calm the fk down ur doing fine and keep ur treatment.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut the crap m8. U have very little hairloss and u can't tell the diff in 10 days. When are people gonna learn how male pattern baldness actually works? It takes months and years for hair to grow back thinner or thicker so calm the fk down ur doing fine and keep ur treatment.

I’m aware that miniaturisation can’t happen that quickly but I was referring to shedding.

The good news is that I’m pretty sure I can see new growth coming in along the entire hairline.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time feels different after starting a regimen. A day feels like weeks. A week feels like months. A month feels like years. It took some serious mental gymnastics for me to keep things in perspective.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's how it looks: I think these are new hairs in the first photo and my hairline feels denser and almost stopped being see-through in the harsh lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_180300105.jpg
    IMG_20190120_180300105.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 519
  • decjan2.jpg
    decjan2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_20181217_235227299.jpg
    IMG_20181217_235227299.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 515

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** I'm pretty sure I'm regrowing, there are those 2 strands of hair about 1 cm away from the highest forehead wrinkle that constitute the most protruded part of my forelock, and they haven't changed, but I shed hair from between and behind them. Now I see this area getting filled with new hair.
Perhaps I finally found a treatment that works for me!

Attachments

• sda.jpg
    sda.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** I'm pretty sure I'm regrowing, there are those 2 strands of hair about 1 cm from the highest forehead wrinkle that constitute the most protruded part of my forelock, and they haven't changed, but I shed hair from between and behind them. Now I see this area getting filled with new hair.
Perhaps I finally found a treatment that works for me!
It's great that you finally regrowing some hairs in your hairline
witch treatment are you on right now ? Are u still taking dutasteride or just went back to finasteride?

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, currently I'm only using RU, minoxidil and Alpicort E (topical estradiol + prednisolone + salicylic acid). I stopped dutasteride after getting the last DHT test result and I'm presently not using finasteride as I want to see how my hair responds to RU first. I got a fresh batch of finasteride waiting and I'll consider adding it again after 3 months on RU. I'll also take more DHT tests before and after restarting finasteride to finally ascertain whether it's doing anything for me or not.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude, uve been on some strong regimen, but you literally have no hair loss now, that hair line is nw0.5 and you have extreme density

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad you think that way but I'm at least an NW2 (side photos would definitely show it). My hair was always thick and thankfully I haven't lost too much density due to male pattern baldness yet, though the forelock and crown/top are a bit diffused. Thickness is a strange thing though, my hair can feel thick and dense for several days and then suddenly appear thinner, lighter and harder to style. I'm not exactly sure what's causing it, I'm sure it's not entirely in my head. I like the feeling of my hair when I don't wash it, it usually feels thick and wavy (though it's a hit and miss sometimes, probably depends on whether there isn't too much grease) I don't even use any paste on those days as the amount I put on the day before is still holding.

BTW I checked your thread, your hairline is barely worse than mine lol, if at all.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found pics from a year ago on my old phone and decided to take comparison shots. I thought my hairline has deteriorated since then but it looks like it's actually improved! I attribute this regrowth mostly to minoxidil and Alpicort, and I'm continuing to see frontal forelock regrowth from RU. The new hairs that appeared in place of those shed are already about 2 cm long.

Attachments

• eqe22.jpg
    eqe22.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 478

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your balding pattern and hair loss experience is exactly as of mine. However, dutasteride 2.5 mg has stopped working for me. I am losing ground rapidly. I am currently on spironolactone 400 mg and it seems it is not doing anything. Planning to add estradiol.

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your balding pattern and hair loss experience is exactly as of mine. However, dutasteride 2.5 mg has stopped working for me. I am losing ground rapidly. I am currently on spironolactone 400 mg and it seems it is not doing anything. Planning to add estradiol.
It looks like that is a very strong treatment but my question is how u can losing ground on dutasteride 2.5 mg and 400mg spironolactone? And how can you afford that ?
I think in all cases where hairloss doesn't stop when DHT is close to nothing in our system that means our hairs are sensitive to others androgens like testosterone and androsteron and DHEAs !!

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like that is a very strong treatment but my question is how u can losing ground on dutasteride 2.5 mg and 400mg spironolactone? And how can you afford that ?
I think in all cases where hairloss doesn't stop when DHT is close to nothing in our system that means our hairs are sensitive to others androgens like testosterone and androsteron and DHEAs !!
I have seen many people for whom spironolactone did not work. Even HRT failed to stop further hair loss for some people. Spironolactone or Cypro are not a miracle drug. You have to be lucky to see any regrowth on any AA.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found pics from a year ago on my old phone and decided to take comparison shots. I thought my hairline has deteriorated since then but it looks like it's actually improved! I attribute this regrowth mostly to minoxidil and Alpicort, and I'm continuing to see frontal forelock regrowth from RU. The new hairs that appeared in place of those shed are already about 2 cm long.
It is evident that your forelock or may be the midscalpe are the only region getting strong. Your thinning on the corners have met vertex area. This is an indication that advance balding pattern is going to emerge.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah definite improvement. This is why its so important to take photos. Sometimes hairloss can be psychological, making you think its getting worse when in reality it may be static/actually improving. Your corners are still "not ideal", but I dont think they have deteriorated at all from a year ago and honestly I would argue they improved. If anything this is good news as any halt in progression is a win in my books. Keep doing what you are doing; try and keep a level head and rely on photographs before jumping to conclusions that the situation is getting worse

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also Credo, you should take a look at your photos from Dec 2017, you have made vast improvement on your hairline corners in my opinion. I think what caused your initial shedding was dropping minoxidil.

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is evident that your forelock or may be the midscalpe are the only region getting strong. Your thinning on the corners have met vertex area. This is an indication that advance balding pattern is going to emerge.

Ehh I don't think you are right but whatever. The corners were deep over 1 year ago already and I think they've improved since.

Yeah definite improvement. This is why its so important to take photos. Sometimes hairloss can be psychological, making you think its getting worse when in reality it may be static/actually improving. Your corners are still "not ideal", but I dont think they have deteriorated at all from a year ago and honestly I would argue they improved. If anything this is good news as any halt in progression is a win in my books. Keep doing what you are doing; try and keep a level head and rely on photographs before jumping to conclusions that the situation is getting worse
Yes I was sure I had lost ground until I took a look at the photos. I do believe now that the rapid worsening in the summer 2017 was caused by dropping minoxidil.

I've attached another comparison, it's not ideal since the last one is taken with a different phone and on a pretty dark day, but still.

Attachments

• hairline2.png
    hairline2.png
    341 KB · Views: 374

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ehh I don't think you are right but whatever. The corners were deep over 1 year ago already and I think they've improved since.

Yes I was sure I had lost ground until I took a look at the photos. I do believe now that the rapid worsening in the summer 2017 was caused by dropping minoxidil.

I've attached another comparison, it's not ideal since the last one is taken with a different phone and on a pretty dark day, but still.
man, can you give advice how u apply minoxidil with long hair? from my experience of applying subtances to scalp, it gets stuck and is absorbed by your hair and ts extremely hard to get it down to the skin, except for shampoos, plus all that treatment greases, oils your hair and it looks fucked up.

do you use liquid/foam? any tips on how to apply that sh*t overall?

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, can you give advice how u apply minoxidil with long hair? from my experience of applying subtances to scalp, it gets stuck and is absorbed by your hair and ts extremely hard to get it down to the skin, except for shampoos, plus all that treatment greases, oils your hair and it looks fucked up.

do you use liquid/foam? any tips on how to apply that sh*t overall?

I use liquid. I only apply it in the areas with visible thinning so it's easier there, and I smear it forcefully around after spraying. You could also try parting your hair with a comb in the spots where you apply minoxidil, I do that with RU.

I agree it can make your hair greasy, but I've only been using it in the evening so it's not a problem; you can try smaller amounts or blow drying your hair after application.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use liquid. I only apply it in the areas with visible thinning so it's easier there, and I smear it forcefully around after spraying. You could also try parting your hair with a comb in the spots where you apply minoxidil, I do that with RU.

I agree it can make your hair greasy, but I've only been using it in the evening so it's not a problem; you can try smaller amounts or blow drying your hair after application.
no sides like hair growth in other parts of body and such sh*t? skin isnt affected?