24 Years Old And Receding Temples, Need Advice.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you suggest? I don't want to go on finasteride, at least not yet. I was thinking Rogaine? With me still being at the early stages, from what I've read it could be effective?

Last edited:

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I've ordered some Rogaine, managed to find a discount code on the internet too. Ordered it from an official pharmacy in the UK so it's legit, three months supply for £35...worth a shot.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a similar hairline just that mine's got worse on the left temple so it makes my hair looks like crap. Also my top seems to have got thinner so I am definitely balding. I am also trying Minoxidil, the thing is to give it a lengthy try to see if it works.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck, hope it works for you!

My temples don't appear to have gotten any worse, it's only these past three/four weeks I've noticed thinning on the front. Hopefully Roganie helps.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my Rogaine in the post today and must admit I found it a bit difficult trying to apply it. I still have a lot of hair on my fringe/head so I'm finding it hard applying it to the scalp and I ended up with half of it on my hair instead. I tried using a comb but couldn't separate it enough with my hair being dry. Anybody had this issue and have any practical solutions? Obviously my thinning is still in the early stages so I am finding this hard. I am thinking of squirting it into the cap rather than my hands to make it easier to move my hair around?

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just checking the top of my head and I was curious to see what people thought of the crown? To me it looks like I can see a little too much scalp. My hair does still feel really thick however and my barber did complain last week when she was cutting it that it was too thick so she 'thinned' my hair out.

Looking at the photo I'm unsure if it's starting to thin?

Attachments

• IMG_7461.JPG
    IMG_7461.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 474

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to my doctors today for an unrelated issue and asked about my hair, told him that I had noticed sudden thinning out of nowhere. He had a look at my hair and believes I'm suffering from 'telogen effluvium'. He said my scalp was a bit red and he has given me some shampoo for this, he also asked if my head had been itchy often which it has. He said it is normal for hair to thin slightly but advance no further apparently? I have been asked to return in a couple of weeks for blood tests and what not if I wish. Perhaps this would explain all of the long hairs growing away from my hairline just below it? Hair returning?

From a quick google search, telogen effluvium, seems to be brought on by stress. I was quite depressed for three months spanning December until Feb, this is something I did speak to my doctor about and was diagnosed with depression at a medium level. I feel much better now but maybe this is causing the shed? One can hope...

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

re:update

Haven't been thinking about this much recently, decided not to opt for medication due to possible side effects and some people saying it made their hair worse. I did buy some rogaine, but again, opted not to use it as I feel I do have a lot of hair minus the recession on temples. People think I'm crazy when I say I'm receding and my hair dresser told me two weeks ago I had loads of hair, I told her I thought I was losing it and she laughed at looked at me funny, so I'm still yet to meet anyone who thinks I'm going bald.

I've attached three photos I took today, hair is no different from start of this thread. As long as I don't pull my hair right back to expose temple recession that hasn't really gotten worse in two/three years or my massive forehead, it doesn't seem to be noticeable.

Jimmy.

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 458
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 454
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 438

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just frustrating because I have a full head of hair apart from the corners My forehead has 'matured', it's 1.5cm above the highest crease when I raise my eyebrows (or so the experts say). I have a big forehead (7cm) which probably makes it look a lot worse than it is I guess. If I have the money in the next 5/10 years I'd definitely get the corners filled in.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Here is a photo of my hairline today. Still no meds or anything, it hasn't gotten much worse since the beginning of this thread?

Jimmy.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 496

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
More than 2 years on from creating this thread, here is a current picture. I’ve still not taken any medication to combat recession. My hairline is about the same?

Attachments

• DE02796B-924F-482E-BF05-7EA611E70C72.jpeg
    DE02796B-924F-482E-BF05-7EA611E70C72.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 371

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude there is no thinning anywhere at all. Your hair will probably look similar to this when you are 40.