24 Years Old And Receding Temples, Need Advice.

tox

Reaction score
Consider a side part. That's how I do it (similar but milder recession). Your hair slicked back looks fine from the side, and you can wear a bit of a fringe or something.

Baldness doesn't run in my family (some male pattern baldness, but stops around a NW2) and looking back at pictures, I've had a similar hairline for about 4-6 years now. I just don't see any reason to take finasteride or do anything drastic like that. If your family history is also good, maybe you feel the same way?

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Consider a side part. That's how I do it (similar but milder recession). Your hair slicked back looks fine from the side, and you can wear a bit of a fringe or something.

Baldness doesn't run in my family (some male pattern baldness, but stops around a NW2) and looking back at pictures, I've had a similar hairline for about 4-6 years now. I just don't see any reason to take finasteride or do anything drastic like that. If your family history is also good, maybe you feel the same way?

When I have my fringe down you can't even tell to be honest, and nobody has noticed as i mentioned prior. It's just me who can tell when my fringe is up its prominent at the front then goes back at the temples a bit.

Yeah other than my uncle receding to a nw2 when he was about my age and staying the same everyone else is fine, maybe I got his genes lol. My dad is starting to go thin but he's nearly 60 now and also has had alopecia a lot in his life.

My gut feeling is my hairline won't worsen too much for the next few years as it's still really thick, if it does in a few years i'll probably be a good candidate for a hair transplant by then.

darnell sanders

My Regimen
Reaction score
said it before will say it again watermans grow me worked well for my receding and chunks of hair that would fall out daily

W

wp2017

It's receding, but it's around a Norwood two. It's easy to conceal it at this point.

General rule is the length of hair from nostrils to chin is the same length as top of nose to
forehead.

You said you have a big forehead. I wouldn't rush into anything like a transplant at this point. It's
overkill.

Hello,

I am a 24 year old male who has receding temples. I have been monitoring this for a while now and it has been pretty much the same for about 2/3 years; maybe slow receding since I first noticed it around 2014.

My receding hairline has been making me feel very depressed recently, I am always looking at my friends hairlines and feeling worse as theirs are all 'straight' rather than a 'U' shape that my is beginning to form. There are many hairstyles I feel I cannot have as my hairline becomes obvious and I don't want people to notice.

My hair itself is still thick, even at the front where it has receded, I have had comments from people telling me I have thick hair. nobody so far has noticed my receding hairline, or at least they haven't mentioned it anyway.

I know this might sound stupid as I'm only 24 but I am considering a transplant as I would like a good hairline for my younger years, if I was in my 40s I doubt I'd be that bothered about this. As mentioned above I can't even have a combover or slick my hair back etc as I think I look stupid. It doesn't help that I have a naturally large forehead too.

I am a first time poster and was just wondering what people think? I see a lot of people take medications and stuff but i figured the money I'd spend on that for years I could probably spend on a transplant as medication appears expensive. I was also wondering if anyone had any idea of the cost of transplants in the UK?

I have attached some photos to this to show my hairline, hair down and also pulled back.

I haven't spoken to anyone about this at all. I thought anonymous people online would give me more honest responses.

thanks.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update since having my hair cut short. Got a 2 guard around the back and sides and left it longer on top. You can tell on that picture how big my forehead is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 945

tox

Reaction score
When I have my fringe down you can't even tell to be honest, and nobody has noticed as i mentioned prior. It's just me who can tell when my fringe is up its prominent at the front then goes back at the temples a bit.

Yeah other than my uncle receding to a nw2 when he was about my age and staying the same everyone else is fine, maybe I got his genes lol. My dad is starting to go thin but he's nearly 60 now and also has had alopecia a lot in his life.

My gut feeling is my hairline won't worsen too much for the next few years as it's still really thick, if it does in a few years i'll probably be a good candidate for a hair transplant by then.
You sound exactly like me, then. I'm just sticking with my fringe (I have a messy one since my hair's wavy) and forgetting about it. Like you said, thick hair means hair transplant is always an option and who knows if there's some actually good drugs in 5-10 years time.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi just an update:

Hairline is still the same as before pretty much after looking at the photos I posted on here last year. I have been using Watermans Grow me for about 5 months now. I have noticed that I have these hairs (differ in size) growing in the opposite direction of my hairline, sticking out all over the place like baby hairs. Is this just me losing hair or is it some-regrowth? Seems to have happened since I started this Watermans product.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you are lucky to still have a pretty good density, you should go on finas and minoxidil, and you will regrowth and mantein your hairs for a lot of years.

if not, you will lose it with the time. your decision

stupidkoko

Reaction score
It looks like a early receding hairline about a NW2 but you still have a great density. What may make it appear worse is as you mentioned that you have a big forehead. Still, I think it's good and you have many hairstyle options.

If you plan on using finasteride I would suggest a throughout research of the drug before you use it. My experience with it has been very bad due to its undesired side effects and I wouldn't recommend it, based on my experience.
But it pretty much is a russian roulette, you could end up with dream like results or a total mess.

Just as with minoxidil it is a lifetime commitment. If you stop you will lose what you have gained or maintained and will most likely end up worse when quitting.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a little apprehensive with the idea of sticking a pill in my mouth every day. It would be expensive over a life time and the potential for side effects worry me. It hasn't really receded much in the past year or two so it's not going at a fast rate or anything.

My friends are receding, well some of them anyway. Sometimes they take the piss out of themselves and each other but nobody has ever mentioned anything to me, I told my best friend I was receding and he laughed and told me he couldn't notice anything.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I've ordered some more Watermans Grow Me as I'm starting to grow small baby like hairs on my hairline which is hopefully good news. Does anyone know of any good products to help temple regrowth? Are there any? I don't want to take finasteride and I don't feel I need to take something to 'maintain' as I don't appear to be receding really - or I am very slowly at least.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of speaking to my doctor regarding finasteride, I'm just worried about taking a pill for the rest of my life and potential side effects.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a photo when I mentioned I had small hairs growing out away from hairline that have only just appeared. They weren't present before I used Watermans Grow Me. Is this a sign of receding or growth? I try pull them back with the rest of my hair and they just go forward again.

Apologies for poor picture it's just hard getting the right angle/light to show them

Attachments

• IMG_7310.JPG
    IMG_7310.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 661

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed some thinining at the front of my hair, getting really self conscious about this. I've been researching Regaine online, would it be possible to regrow these areas? I can see small gaps where the hair has gone.

Attachments

• IMG_7391.JPG
    IMG_7391.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 589

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also meant to ask, is it possible that hair can recede and then stop or slow significantly? My hairline has been receded like that for a while but hasn't gotten worse. My uncle had the same thing in his early 20s and it had pretty much maintained and he is 50 now.

this here is the deal breaker. it was my first reaction when i saw your pics too. you're not balding. you might not have the temple hair of your teens but that's a stabilized adult hair line. you don't need meds bro. don't let these guys fill you with anxiety.

Jimmy Jackson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words but I'm definitely receding, all of a sudden these past two weeks I can see my scalp at the front of my hairline, especially when it's under light. The rest is still thick but I can see the front thinning and it's really frustrated me these last few days. I notice this when I wear my fringe up, it's right at the front as shown in the picture I recently posted.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yeah I'm a little hesitant to go on drugs just yet. I bought that shampoo that another poster recommend which is worth a shot and didn't cost much at all.

I'm getting it cut short around the back and sides and leaving it longer on top on Friday. I think having long hair on my sides makes it look worse.

Here's the deal. You have Androgen alopecia. You're balding.

The only thing you need now is HAIR MEDICATION!

A transplant will NOT keep your remaining DHT sensitive follicles alive. Even with a transplant, you
still need MEDICATION.

Start now, or keep going north. Your choice.