21 Y/o With Reasonably Big Decision To Make

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To start, without the hair, I would probably give you a 3 out of 10 and with the hair probably a 3.5 out of 10. Do keep in mind that the only people who I would rate a 10 would be top supermodels, as I rate on a number of factors. In terms of your age, without your hair, you look like you are about 10 years older. That being said, as other posters have mentioned, you have a good head shape for a bald look, and I think with a beard to add balance to the face, would have the same rating compared to having a full head of hair. I do, however, respect you for accepting that you are losing your hair.
Damn that's rough stuff to hear, but hey at least I didn't lose an extra pt from the bald situation! Idk how I've been getting laid on a semi-consistent basis, maybe charm or somethin?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
You are not a 3.5 out of 10 you are average at the very least espically when you factor in your height and build.

I do think you look better with hair , I also think you look better without facial hair. Try to maintain your hair and go with the buzz / clean shave look imo

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao at 3/10, dude you look fine with a buzzed head, if you are scared of hopping on finasteride due to sides you could try minoxidil with finasteride to keep the shade on top it frames your face nicely

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao at 3/10, dude you look fine with a buzzed head, if you are scared of hopping on finasteride due to sides you could try minoxidil with finasteride to keep the shade on top it frames your face nicely
Def scared of finasteride sides, but might give minoxidil a try if its not overly expensive. Basically just wanted to get a little third party confirmation that I'll just look like the average shaved head athletic dude if I decide to say f*** it for the time being (which I essentially already have). Also lol at the username, I have f*** tons of back hair too at 21 so I think there's a correlation.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
theres an indian minoxidil with topical finasteride give that a shot minoxidil alone i doubt it will do anything than save the fluff for couple years maybe

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Def scared of finasteride sides, but might give minoxidil a try if its not overly expensive. Basically just wanted to get a little third party confirmation that I'll just look like the average shaved head athletic dude if I decide to say f*** it for the time being (which I essentially already have). Also lol at the username, I have f*** tons of back hair too at 21 so I think there's a correlation.

Don't be scared of finasteride sides espically if you value your hair. I've been on it for a year and now I'm thinking of getting on duta which is a much stronger drug. finasteride really is a very weak drug , it's mostly fear mongering around it. I am someone with anxiety but even I was able to not catch the "physcological sides"

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair still looks good and that you don't need to shave down yet. If you don't wanna use anything serious just use nizoral 2-3x a week, my hair texture definitely became thicker while using that and it got rid of most of my dandruff.
Don't be scared of finasteride sides espically if you value your hair. I've been on it for a year and now I'm thinking of getting on duta which is a much stronger drug. finasteride really is a very weak drug , it's mostly fear mongering around it. I am someone with anxiety but even I was able to not catch the "physcological sides"
I would definitely not consider finasteride a "weak drug". at just 0.05mg, it cuts your serum DHT down 50% and scalp DHT up to 61.6%: http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(99)80051-6/abstract

there is a flat dose response when it comes to hairloss as seen in that study that 5mg was only marginally better than 1mg (and would definitely give more sides)

It is however a very effective drug for male pattern baldness, and probably the most effective on the market unless you can get on avodart. I would not get on avodart since it inhibits all 3 types of alpha reductase and finasteride only inhibits type 2.

Last edited:

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
To start, without the hair, I would probably give you a 3 out of 10 and with the hair probably a 3.5 out of 10. Do keep in mind that the only people who I would rate a 10 would be top supermodels, as I rate on a number of factors. In terms of your age, without your hair, you look like you are about 10 years older. That being said, as other posters have mentioned, you have a good head shape for a bald look, and I think with a beard to add balance to the face, would have the same rating compared to having a full head of hair. I do, however, respect you for accepting that you are losing your hair.
i sincerely hope thats not u on the picture

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

This is really harsh and I wouldn't take this to heart @Lavishous. This is just one guys opinion and I don't think many people would agree. You're no David Gandy but who is? I'd say in some of the pictures you pass for above average. I could see some girls thinking you are cute.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really harsh and I wouldn't take this to heart @Lavishous. This is just one guys opinion and I don't think many people would agree. You're no David Gandy but who is? I'd say in some of the pictures you pass for above average. I could see some girls thinking you are cute.
Ahahahaha I didn't take it to heart man. Already had a pretty good understanding of where I stood attractiveness-wise before the buzz/hair loss from the collective sexual experience of highschool and college (not particularly handsome, but tall/athletic and not ugly enough for it to be a major hindrance). Just wanted to get thoughts on head-shape/hair vs. no hair/not looking like an alien.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's cool, it's good to be able to appraise yourself in a realistic, objective way without getting too hung up on your "shortcomings".
It's just people on here can sometimes be brutally honest almost to the point of being rude (but you've probably worked that out already). It's important to take things with a pinch of salt on this site.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's cool, it's good to be able to appraise yourself in a realistic, objective way without getting too hung up on your "shortcomings".
It's just people on here can sometimes be brutally honest almost to the point of being rude (but you've probably worked that out already). It's important to take things with a pinch of salt on this site.

I was brutally honest with him when I said he looks fine with a buzzed head, I dont think it will be the same with slick bald look hence i recommended at LEAST minoxidil.

The other guy that said hes a 3 is probably too young has no idea what women look for in a man. OP you got a killer smile bro keep that fluffy sh*t alive on your head so you dont lose the face frame and go live a happy life

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was brutally honest with him when I said he looks fine with a buzzed head, I dont think it will be the same with slick bald look hence i recommended at LEAST minoxidil.

The other guy that said hes a 3 is probably too young has no idea what women look for in a man. OP you got a killer smile bro keep that fluffy sh*t alive on your head so you dont lose the face frame and go live a happy life
Think I might go just nizoral + low dose minoxidil until better treatments come around. Just didn't want to be walking around as a cancer patient/freak in the meantime since I decided to close buzz/shave for my own peace of mind.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about as any sort of treatment for the hair thinning, but strict nofap has improved my scalp condition/seb derm tremendously. I'll let ya know if there's any regrowth or, at least, maintenance. I do blame my severe p**rn addiction for the early ONSET of balding (at ~18 y/o), but not the phenomenon itself.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Added a little hydrocortisone cream + apple cider vinegar to help with seb derm

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
G'day gentlemen. As it currently stands, i just buzzed my head to a 1 after a couple years of aggressive thinning (crown, diffuse top) through college. I'm fairly content just going the au naturale path of nizoral only then eventually switching to clean shaving and moving on with life, as I personally think bald w/ beard can work on plenty of young fit males (google raul meireles, travis browne) and I'm not a cosmetically-oriented person by any stretch of the imagination. The question as I see it is if I can consider myself among these lucky individuals. I don't necessarily need to be particularly handsome (never really was) or even above average, just don't want to be a legitimate head-turning bald freak as you see occasionally (due to head-shape, proportions, etc.) and would take my chances w/ various drugs to avoid that societal fate. Can't trust friends to be honest so figured this would be a good way. Even as a NW3V for the past year, didn't have much trouble with the ladies or socially in general and would like for something vaguely akin to that to continue. Attached 3 pre-buzz photos and 3 post-buzz photos. Other relevant metrics; 21 yrs old, 6'0" barefoot, 180lbs, pretty jacked. Lay it on me boys!

More people should have liked this post, even if it’s not the path they’d choose themselves. SLAY BROTHA!

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More people should have liked this post, even if it’s not the path they’d choose themselves. SLAY BROTHA!
Ahahahaha much appreciated brother. Life definitely goes on after the shave. Crazy first month with all friends and family adjusting/roasting me but now it's almost a dead topic around them. I'm even hooking up with a girl I was with in high school, so I guess the buzz isn't ugly enough to repel all females my age. That being said, one thing that aided the transition was that I displayed absolutely zero outward signs of insecurity and clearly did not care what anyone thought, which kinda forces people to just go along with it or even like it. If your hair is not salvageable (mine was NW3V at a minimum) or you're not gonna take finasteride, buzzing that sh*t off is the power play socially.