2020, Hairloss Cures Or Just New Treatments?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t completely understand that. But from what I’ve heard or read, rch-01 works by taking out a hair follicle without removing the root. They then isolate take the DSCC (cells) out & multiply them in some “growth medium” to culture and grow the cells along w multiplying them. They then re inject these cells back into the scalp & when they bind to other follicles it can potentially cause other cells to multiply, yes. They then expect some of these cells to later take on roles, mimick & create new hair follicles. However, even from the phase 1 safety trials and studies, it seems like replicel will be more for maintenance and improving density/thickening what you have & even stimulating dormant follicles, rather than culturing new hair follicles. Don’t get me wrong, this is all amazing but it’s far from the cure that we originally hyped it up to be & will most likely require many injections to maintain results.

IIRC Phase 1 results showed maintenance and a 10-15% average increase in h/cm² in total, for 24 months, achieved by a single session...you're right, this is amazing, but i wouldn't call that 'many' regarding existing treatments use frequencies
And you don't get to mess with your hormones

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC Phase 1 results showed maintenance and a 10-15% average increase in h/cm² in total, for 24 months, achieved by a single session...you're right, this is amazing, but i wouldn't call that 'many' regarding existing treatments use frequencies
And you don't get to mess with your hormones

Yes, that’s true, but with stem cells there’s still the possibility of them dying off early on. The 24 months with 1 injection is amazing don’t get me wrong, but it may not be the case for all of us as it’ll vary. You’re right though, 1 injection every 2 years isn’t many. An injection every 6 months is though imo.

We won’t know for sure until Phase 2 results release. Hopefully soon bc I’m diffuse thinning and my hairline’s starting to get awfully close to the NW2 mark.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that’s true, but with stem cells there’s still the possibility of them dying off early on. The 24 months with 1 injection is amazing don’t get me wrong, but it may not be the case for all of us as it’ll vary. You’re right though, 1 injection every 2 years isn’t many. An injection every 6 months is though imo.

We won’t know for sure until Phase 2 results release. Hopefully soon bc I’m diffuse thinning and my hairline’s starting to get awfully close to the NW2 mark.

From a perspective of a noob here:

Phase 1 consists of 19 people

+ 1 shot of super-high dose and the regrowth was 5%-20%, which last for 2 years and the regrowth wears off after 5 years. So re-injection play an important roles here.
+ are they sure that the "original" cells are the best and healthy and DHT-resistant, could be that the "original" cells are not the healthy one ?
+ can they test and assure that all the "replicated" cells are alive, fully functional ? I mean, some kinds of quality control and assurance here

Phase 2 consists of 66 people, not sure if that would change the statistics significantly ?

And well, there are many factors along the whole process that can affect the results significantly

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From a perspective of a noob here:

Phase 1 consists of 19 people

+ 1 shot of super-high dose and the regrowth was 5%-20%, which last for 2 years and the regrowth wears off after 5 years. So re-injection play an important roles here.
+ are they sure that the "original" cells are the best and healthy and DHT-resistant, could be that the "original" cells are not the healthy one ?
+ can they test and assure that all the "replicated" cells are alive, fully functional ? I mean, some kinds of quality control and assurance here

Phase 2 consists of 66 people, not sure if that would change the statistics significantly ?

And well, there are many factors along the whole process that can affect the results significantly

I can’t give you a definitive answer as none of us know what they’re doing right now, but I’m sure they’re getting the best hairs possible. With technology now like neograft and etc we know which hair follicles are prime. They probably took hairs from the donor area anyways.

As far as testing the replicated cell goes I think they’re just basing that off the results rather than going into depth with it. Basing this off the phase 1 statistics they gave us.

I myself think that phase 2 results will be better than phase 1 by 10%. I think the average will be 15% regrowth and the best responders will have somewhere around 25-30%. If the phase 2 results dont beat phase 1 then that’d be disappointing.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t give you a definitive answer as none of us know what they’re doing right now, but I’m sure they’re getting the best hairs possible. With technology now like neograft and etc we know which hair follicles are prime. They probably took hairs from the donor area anyways.

As far as testing the replicated cell goes I think they’re just basing that off the results rather than going into depth with it. Basing this off the phase 1 statistics they gave us.

I myself think that phase 2 results will be better than phase 1 by 10%. I think the average will be 15% regrowth and the best responders will have somewhere around 25-30%. If the phase 2 results dont beat phase 1 then that’d be disappointing.

Btw, not all follicle in the donor area is "strong" and DHT-resistant, it is my concern since if we did it wrong from the start (take the bulllshit follicle) then everything is down the drain.

My wild guess is that, lower dose + multiple injections (phase 2) = 1x super-high-dose (phase 1), but response rate in phase 2 would be much much higher and uniform

Last edited:

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, not all follicle in the donor area is "strong" and DHT-resistant, it is my concern since if we did it wrong from the start (take the bulllshit follicle) then everything is down the drain.

My wild guess is that, lower dose + multiple injections (phase 2) = 1x super-high-dose (phase 1), but response rate in phase 2 would be much much higher and uniform

Yea, but like neograft which can pinpoint the best follicles from the donor area, im sure replicel’s capable of doing the same. Anyways I’m not sure if the dermal sheath cup cells which are injected need to b dht resistant or have a property like so bc they aren’t hair follicles themselves or anything. Sure they should still take them from the healthier follicles tho. Either way I think just having the extra dscc bind to other cells and follicles would aid in regrowth and thickening. Maybe it’ll reduce their lifespan (stem cells/dscc) and be the cause for requiring more injections though.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully soon bc I’m diffuse thinning and my hairline’s starting to get awfully close to the NW2 mark.

Friend, please, don't make me change my mind.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, IIRC Phase 2 will have a different injections protocol, more injections at a higher frequency
My bad, 'had' a different protocol, still waiting for Shiseido results :(

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also I believe that East and South Asians have different hair and genetics than Caucasian people. So, maybe Replicel treatment will work better on different ethnic groups.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I really doubt that RCH-01 will be that effective in maintaining, if stem cells are not used.
Sorry!

Hi, It seems like something like that is already out which is using stem cells. Apparently it's offered in Singapore, UAE and a few other places.

It's called Regenera Activa. I will be interested to hear of the results in the coming months/years.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, It seems like something like that is already out which is using stem cells. Apparently it's offered in Singapore, UAE and a few other places.

It's called Regenera Activa. I will be interested to hear of the results in the coming months/years.

Sounds similar to rch-01, although not the same. I’d like to see more data and studys + before and after pics. Looks rlly interesting.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What the f***. Where are these places coming from? First Hair Clone pops out of someone's *** and now this. Wtf? Not complaining but wow.

According to Lohn John Silver, Replicel's goal for a "success" is a measly 5% regrowth. I think they should easily beat that and get it out to market.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f***. Where are these places coming from? First Hair Clone pops out of someone's *** and now this. Wtf? Not complaining but wow.

According to Lohn John Silver, Replicel's goal for a "success" is a measly 5% regrowth. I think they should easily beat that and get it out to market.

Not a single data from these treatment.

Replicel, at least, have a trial data

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd sooner trust gas-station sushi than anything outta Singapore.