2019 Consensus Of Setipiprant? Does It Work, Is It Worth It, When Can We Expect It Mainstream?

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Does it work?

2. Are there studies proving it works?

3. Are there anecdotal user cases proving it works?

4. If it works, can it regrow temple hair?

5. What are risks of sides?

6. if it works, why is not not publicly available at pharmacies yet? What is the catch?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is going to be as good as finasteride at best. For me it is great deal, since finasteride kills dicks.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took it orally, didn't do anything for me. Not sure if I took a high enough dosage, though. I think I took around 1000 - 1200 mgs./day for 4-6 weeks or so. No reduction in itching or shedding. Bought it from Lyphar.

Last edited:

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It may work.

Setipiprant is one of pgd2 receptor antagonist, ie fibrosis prevention stuff. It's able to prevent, but not to revert fibrosis.
According to DWAT hypothesis, androgens can provike lypolysis and fibrosis in the dermal adipose tissue. Prevention is good, but could be not enough, if you already baldy. Seti effect could be similar to finasterid, but without hormonal sides.

To cure balding you need to include fibrosis reversion stuff!

See more in the thread "DWAT: Dermal White Adipose Tissue Hypothesis":

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it didn't work in a controlled trial paid for by a company that had an interest in making sure it worked, what makes you think it will work for you?

it2wi

Reaction score
Seti did work for me - halted shedding almost down to 0. This paired with needling I was able to regrow down to my juvenile hairline.
Important to note: I was applying it ***topically***, not ingesting it orally. The clinical trials were orally administered, and results were insufficient.. not surprised. Seti did/does work topically, but it has a short half life and is expensive (I was applying it topically 2x a day).

I don't know why folks love to dismiss Seti, and/or point to the clinical trials as proof. There is a difference between oral and topical effectiveness. Allergan likely went the oral route to make it dummy-proof to administer.

And for folks who say the PGD2 angle doesn't work, we have plenty of proof that PGE2 works (minoxidil, dermaneedling...). PGD2 / PGE2 = two sides of the same coin.

Sad that we are still debating the validity of tackling PGD2 in 2021, whereas should be figuring out how to get our hands on PGD2 antagonists.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti did work for me - halted shedding almost down to 0. This paired with needling I was able to regrow down to my juvenile hairline.
Important to note: I was applying it ***topically***, not ingesting it orally. The clinical trials were orally administered, and results were insufficient.. not surprised. Seti did/does work topically, but it has a short half life and is expensive (I was applying it topically 2x a day).

I don't know why folks love to dismiss Seti, and/or point to the clinical trials as proof. There is a difference between oral and topical effectiveness. Allergan likely went the oral route to make it dummy-proof to administer.

And for folks who say the PGD2 angle doesn't work, we have plenty of proof that PGE2 works (minoxidil, dermaneedling...). PGD2 / PGE2 = two sides of the same coin.

Sad that we are still debating the validity of tackling PGD2 in 2021, whereas should be figuring out how to get our hands on PGD2 antagonists.
Down to your juvenile hairline!
As in you are cured of this disease(at lest visually)? or are these like vellus peach fuzz hairs

did you stop using it ?
And most importantly can you please please please share photos

it2wi

Reaction score
Down to your juvenile hairline!
As in you are cured of this disease(at lest visually)? or are these like vellus peach fuzz hairs

did you stop using it ?
And most importantly can you please please please share photos
Hey - yeah complete recovery.

I stopped using it for a few reasons:
1) Life got busy and I figured it would be a good chance to see how long I could maintain the gains when stopping Seti
2) It was pricey and figured with my gains I may be able to hold off until Fevi (more potent) came out
3) After seeing the effectiveness of Seti, I was calmed to know that even if I stop and lose my gains, I could easily get them back again

Here are my photos (not the best)

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@it2wi
May I ask you, what was the microneedling regimen - how often? how long needles? stamping or rolling?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, regimen was:
Once a week dermaneedling (with the Derminator), 1.5mm on the fastest speed setting, 9 needle head
can i asked you what dosage you used and what was your supplier? i'm a non responder to AA therapies so maybe tackling pgd2 could help me ( i tried prostaquinon from fagron but it didn't do sh*t and i got some ceti in the fridge i'm just too lazy to use it atm) thx

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@it2wi
many thanks.
if you don't mind, i would like to ask you more questions:

- have seen many photos with nw0 regrowth from Setipiprant, but the regrown hairs remained very thin and small, kind of non-terminal or so. have seen the same results? has it discussed? i would like to understand the conditions and regimen when Seti works and when it doesn't. attached an example.

- how much did Seti cost that time? I see $2000/gram in one place and $30/gram and even less in another one.

- have you came across Bimatoprost or other Seti-like PGD2 pathway blockers? seen anyone who tried them?

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 151

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@it2wi
many thanks.

- have seen many photos with nw0 regrowth from Setipiprant, but the regrown hairs remained very thin and small, kind of non-terminal or so. have seen the same results? has it discussed? i would like to understand the conditions and regimen when Seti works and when it doesn't. attached an example.

- how much did Seti cost that time? I see $2000/gram in one place and $30/gram and even less in another one.

- have you came across Bimatoprost or other Seti-like PGD2 pathway blockers? seen anyone who tried them?
man i just read your whole hypothesis and theory and i have similar feelings about how crucial calcification and scalp fibrosis are in male pattern baldness. can i ask you where does pgd2 inhbition fits ino this? does pgd2 leads to fibrosis and will using anti pgd2 will prevent further calcification to happen?

it2wi

Reaction score
can i asked you what dosage you used and what was your supplier? i'm a non responder to AA therapies so maybe tackling pgd2 could help me ( i tried prostaquinon from fagron but it didn't do sh*t and i got some ceti in the fridge i'm just too lazy to use it atm) thx
My dosage was 10mg applied topically (in a typical liquid solution with alcohol and PG). Supplier was a Chinese lab, I purchased through a private group buy so unfortunately I don't have the supplier information. I definitely think the PGD2 route is worth a try.
@it2wi
many thanks.

The regrown hairs became terminal - they began small and thin but over time became thicker and darker.
Important to note that Seti did not regrow my hair, dermaneedling did. Seti halted shedding / stopped further loss. So the results were a combination of Seti stopping the loss and dermaneedling promoting growth over time.

I don't recall exactly how much Seti cost at the time, but I'd estimate I paid ~$350 for 1gram (in 2015/2016).

I have not tried any other PGD2 blockers personally. Like you, I'm looking for results from other folks on alternatives