20 years old fighting male pattern baldness

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
20 years old fighting male pattern baldness (with pics)

UPDATE ON PAGE 5

Hi everyone!

I'm a 20 y/o french guy :) Here's my story :

I started losing hair when I was 17 I think but didn't really pay attention about it because I thought no one can be balding this early. One year later I went to see a dermatologist and started minoxidil 5% and Cystine B6, vitamins for hair (no finasteride because I was too young according to the doctor). I think it slowed down my hair loss because nobody noticed I was loosing hair, my hair wasn't as thick as when I was 16-17 but it was okay and without noticeable thinning spot. I decided to get on Propecia one month ago and shaved my head 2 weeks ago (just to see if I'd be good looking bald) and noticed a scary thinning spot on my crown that I was't suspecting at all when my hair was longer. Anyway I'm now on :

-Propecia 1mg/day
-minoxidil 5% twice a day
-Cystine B6 4 pill per day
-Green tea 3 cups/day, hair lotions and other possible bull****s lol

I have two pictures to show you guys, one 2 month ago when my hair was long and one today after shaving my head 2 weeks ago, 1 month of propecia and 2 years of minoxidil but I don't know how to upload it directly from my iPhone :( If someone can tell me how I can do this it would be nice!!!

I have many body hairs also so according to what I read maybe I have too much DHT and finasteride will work for me? Dont know, hope so... It's something very hard to live at such a young age...

I'll keep you guys informed !

Sorry if my english is bad lol

Oh and no side effects so far, and maybe less hair on my hands when I wash it but maybe it's because they're too short to notice them even though I'm watching very carefully

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Keep at it man and best of luck.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
May 2015, long hair, only minoxidil :

Short hair (buzzed 2 weeks ago), today, regimen in my first post :

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you I.D WALKER :)

Does anyone want to bet on what results I'll get and in how many time ? Hahaha

Seriously do you think I can expect good results?

- - - Updated - - -

I've bought Ketoconazole 2% shampoo this morning, I couldnt find the 1% version :/ Is it okay though? How should I use it ?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
mompo,

Definitely stay on Finasteride and Minoxidil, you should start seeing results after being on treatments for four months. You can expect good results if you respond well to treatments, especially if you got on them when your hair loss is recent. Using a 2% Ketoconazole shampoo is OK, use it 1-2 per week maximum, no more than that.

shookwun

Reaction score
Do not come off finasteride.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank both of you for your advices! It gives me hope :)

I'm open to any comment, any suggestion (something to add in my regimen maybe?) so do not hesitate if you want to give me an advice!

I'll update in three months

Oh and minoxidil gives me annoying dandruffs on the scalp, someone has experienced this also?
how to avoid this?

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to echo what everyone else is saying: stick with what you're doing, and here is hoping for good results.

Oh and minoxidil gives me annoying dandruffs on the scalp, someone has experienced this also?
how to avoid this?

I had a lot of flaking for the first week or so I used it, but then it stopped and I don't know why.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well for me 2 years after starting minoxidil it's still there. Isn't it bad for the hair? I'm afraid that my hair doesnt breathe under this dandruffs

hanz123

Reaction score
Balding sucks

Hey man,

Try adding RU58841, neogenics, and lipogaine to ur regiment. If money isn't the issue, try getting on CB 03-01, I heard it drastically reduces hair fall

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank's hanz123 but money is an issue actually haha I'll wait at least a year before changing anything I think

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Small update after 7 weeks of propecia and 2 weeks of nizoral :

I know it's a little bit soon but I think I'm already seeing some improvement... My hair seems darker and a little bit thicker on the crown.

I'll upload tomorrow a photo in the same room and with the same lightning as my first pic

PXN

Reaction score
Interesting results, keep the update coming.
I did notice my hair getting darker too when using minoxidil.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Before :

7 weeks after starting propecia :

What do you guys think? Slight improvement or just my mind playing with me?

PXN

Reaction score
Hard to say, I don't really see a difference.
7 weeks is still quite early in the treatment i think.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
I say it's darker because before treatment I bought medium brown toppik, and now when I apply it I see a difference of colour between the zones where I apply toppik and the zones where I do not.

privatealex

Reaction score
if you can,post pictures of your crown area only cause this is the place where the medication works best to have something to compare later