20 years old fighting male pattern baldness

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

Try adding RU58841, neogenics, and lipogaine to ur regiment. If money isn't the issue, try getting on CB 03-01, I heard it drastically reduces hair fall

Honestly neogenics is snake oil and lipogaine is just minoxidil with a couple things added that may or may not work for 3 times the cost of kirkland. Nobody uses CB because it does cost way too damn much and there isn't any real evidence that it works. The only good suggestion made here is RU and the safety of that is still in question.

- - - Updated - - -

Also op I think you might be diffuse thinning

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before :

7 weeks after starting propecia :

What do you guys think? Slight improvement or just my mind playing with me?

mompo, your hair might have improved slightly. It could be that it's just a tad bit longer in the second pic, making it look like there's more hair. Stay on Finasteride, that's the best thing that can be done for now.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I think so too, my hairline is thinning but my temples aren't receding. Is it good news?
Diffuse thinning is generally much more aggressive but diffuse thinners also seem to respond better to the big three. I am also diffuse thinning in a NW6 pattern like yourself and I just jumped from finasteride to dutasteride but only do that if finasteride doesn't work for you in about a year. I think your regiment is fine for the time being.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update, 67 days on propecia and 3 weeks on nizoral. I'm still shedding but I can really feel something happening..

You can see the minoxidil flakes too..

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes you're right but I want to grow it out, I don't really like my face with a buzz cut... As long as it covers all my scalp I'll consider that it's a succes! Good luck to you too !

marentes133

Reaction score
I could defiantly see some improvement ! Sadly I'm starting to experience hair shedding of my own in hair has thinn dramatically since April 2015

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys ! Don't worry about shedding marentes I was shedding for about 2 months and I just stopped. The regrowth is now on and I loose maybe 15-20 hair per day.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well for me 2 years after starting minoxidil it's still there. Isn't it bad for the hair? I'm afraid that my hair doesnt breathe under this dandruffs
They are not dandruff. It's just leftovers from Minoxidil. I suppose that you are using liquid or spray. If that's the case just switch to foam.

marentes133

Reaction score
Thank you guys ! Don't worry about shedding marentes I was shedding for about 2 months and I just stopped. The regrowth is now on and I loose maybe 15-20 hair per day.
Thanks lol but that's all I can think about sadly. I'm new to this hair loss thing and it's scary I'm also 20 but I have a question. Who did you see to get a prescription of your medicine?

Here is how my hair was back in April 2015 and I like to think it was a normal head of hair but it's thinned a lot since then !

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought you were already on treatment.. A dermatologist got me a prescription, get on propecia as soon as possible you'll save your hair !

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mompo can you kinda explain how your treatment during each month went in regards to if your hair seem thinner and when you first started to see a real difference in thickness/regrowth ...

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey youngguyhairloss,

I think I've just started, after 3 months, to see some regrowth. Before that I went through a big shedding from day 45 to day 90 I think. No side effects at all for the moment. I hope my hair keeps improving. I'm already dreaming about my future hair cut lol

Here is a photo without flash taken today :

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are some excellent results ! You can't even see your scalp , I'm on day 47 finasteride 70 on mino and I think my hair has gotten slightly worse or stayed the same can't tell

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Those are some excellent results ! You can't even see your scalp , I'm on day 47 finasteride 70 on mino and I think my hair has gotten slightly worse or stayed the same can't tell

I don't think my hair got worse because the hair I was shedding were very small and thin so I don't thnk they were showing anyway. Try to not think about it. When I started I was on holidays so I had nothing to do and I was in front of the mirror all day long wondering if it is getting better or not. One day I was happy, the next one I was depressed. I think it was one of the worst summer ever for me... But now that I'm going back to college I don't think about it anymore and I check my hair maybe every 3 or 4 days, and everytime I check I find it better than the last time.

But the problem is that now that I'm back in college I'm smoking again lol. Just 6 or 7 cigarettes per day, do you guys think it has an influence on my hair?