20 years old fighting male pattern baldness

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been only one month since I'm back on medications so I don't think anything changed yet. I'd like to post pics but with the SMP it's hard to notice thin spots. I'll wait for my hair to grow a little bit before taking pictures, the hair loss will be more obvious.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm now a little bit less than 3 months into my new regimen and I think I'm seeing great results so far.

The first pic was taken in July and it is the worst my hair ever got during my time wearing a hair system.
The second pic is a picture taken today.

Comparing with the first picture I've posted here 2 years ago (third picture on this post), do you think I have more hair now or less? It's about the same length in the two pictures.

I had one PRP session and I missed my second one yesterday, I'm not sure if I should continue because it is painful, very expensive and I dont know if it's worth it, what do you think?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_7958.PNG
    IMG_7958.PNG
    508.4 KB · Views: 594
  • 844944image298.jpg
    844944image298.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the 4 month update. No one ever answer me on this thread but whatever, I just wanted to let you know that Dutasteride is a miracle drug for me. I'm not even sure I'll need a transplant anymore

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 446

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair system, SMP, PRP, maxed out on meds.. Damn you really went all out fighting this disease. I applaud your battle.

Looks like you're in a good position now. No negative effects from the dutasteride?

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair system, SMP, PRP, maxed out on meds.. Damn you really went all out fighting this disease. I applaud your battle.

Looks like you're in a good position now. No negative effects from the dutasteride?

Not at all and I take fina and duta both once a day. My libido might be even better than before. And yes, I really really dont want to be bald but I could have played it a bit smarter if I didn't get impatient with finasteride and didn't start wearing a hair system.

My one year wearing was amazing dont get me wrong, but after awhile I realized that a hair system is good but not as good as having your own hair and I was destroying mine under it. I should have given fina more time or directly switched for dutasteride, it would have saved me the costs of the hair system and SMP.

you get better result with duta than those you had with fina ?

I think so. My hair was really fucked up when I dropped the hair system, I was almost bald as you can see and now look at all these hair, and I hope more will come.

Can someone tell me if he thinks I should continue PRP or not please?

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 347
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 359
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 380

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drop the PRP man. Look around the site, no one has ever posted any convincing PRP results. And you're doing just fine without.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Drop the PRP man. Look around the site, no one has ever posted any convincing PRP results. And you're doing just fine without.

Thank you for your answer, can you tell what norwood am I?

I hope I'll be able to reach NW1 again (I don't know if it's realistic) without a transplant, but I'll send pictures to Dr.Erdogan now to have an idea of the number of grafts I would need.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, can you tell what norwood am I?

I hope I'll be able to reach NW1 again (I don't know if it's realistic) without a transplant, but I'll send pictures to Dr.Erdogan now to have an idea of the number of grafts I would need.

Thanks for the info, you basically just put me off the idea of a hair system.

I've been trying to regain hair for 2 years with minoxidil. Small improvement. Now added finastride, in 1 month finastride I never experience a shedding like how I am and the front hairline has taken a good hit and hair is getting harder to style, I do know it's only 1 month on finastride but it's very hard. (Like yourself also looks were/are important I was always one of the better ones in that department and I train/gym 6 days a week, since this hair mess it's damaged my confidence hence trying to fight it. I was considering systems in the last week and even looked at transplant which for the cost I want to avoid and also the downtime)

You mentioned dutastride, do you think that would help me? Remove finastride for dutestride? I take mg finasteride

Attached is how my hair looks - obviously no product or any effort to style...I hate it.

Attachments

• image1_11 (1)_1.jpeg
    image1_11 (1)_1.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 318

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, you basically just put me off the idea of a hair system.

I've been trying to regain hair for 2 years with minoxidil. Small improvement. Now added finastride, in 1 month finastride I never experience a shedding like how I am and the front hairline has taken a good hit and hair is getting harder to style, I do know it's only 1 month on finastride but it's very hard. (Like yourself also looks were/are important I was always one of the better ones in that department and I train/gym 6 days a week, since this hair mess it's damaged my confidence hence trying to fight it. I was considering systems in the last week and even looked at transplant which for the cost I want to avoid and also the downtime)

You mentioned dutastride, do you think that would help me? Remove finastride for dutestride? I take mg finasteride

Attached is how my hair looks - obviously no product or any effort to style...I hate it.

First, you have to keep in mind that your hair is really not so bad. I'm pretty sure you have more hair than I do currently, do not get impatient, you will make errors.

Secondly, we have the exact same story. Try to read a little bit this whole thread, I too was on minoxidil for some years with poor results before starting finasteride. Minoxidil alone is useless for young people with male pattern baldness like us, an anti-androgen is essential if you want your hair to improve and one month on finasteride is far from enough.

Here is what I advise you to do :

- Stay on finasteride and minoxidil for at least 8 months before changing anything (but you can and should add dermarolling, vitamins etc... to your regimen)

-After that if you're not satisfied start dutasteride

-If after 8 months of dutasteride you're still not satisfied, start seeking information about hair transplants.

For now if you don't like your hair try your best to make it the nicest possible for example use concealers and speak to your hair dresser to find a hair cut that you like and that hide the fact that you're loosing hair... but really, I know it's very hard, but dont overthink it and get impatient.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First, you have to keep in mind that your hair is really not so bad. I'm pretty sure you have more hair than I do currently, do not get impatient, you will make errors.

Secondly, we have the exact same story. Try to read a little bit this whole thread, I too was on minoxidil for some years with poor results before starting finasteride. Minoxidil alone is useless for young people with male pattern baldness like us, an anti-androgen is essential if you want your hair to improve and one month on finasteride is far from enough.

Here is what I advise you to do :

- Stay on finasteride and minoxidil for at least 8 months before changing anything (but you can and should add dermarolling, vitamins etc... to your regimen)

-After that if you're not satisfied start dutasteride

-If after 8 months of dutasteride you're still not satisfied, start seeking information about hair transplants.

For now if you don't like your hair try your best to make it the nicest possible for example use concealers and speak to your hair dresser to find a hair cut that you like and that hide the fact that you're loosing hair... but really, I know it's very hard, but dont overthink it and get impatient.

Thanks for the detailed reply

Yes I will follow what you have said, I agree also. Am I young though, I'm 34 this Jan

So your saying at least hit the 8 month point with finasteride, before deciding any other move? I will do that even though this is the worst in this last month, I feel the hair condition and exposure of crown and front hairline has accelerated alot.

I use oil twice a week to try to restore it so it's easier to style to a better condition, not frizzy.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply

Yes I will follow what you have said, I agree also. Am I young though, I'm 34 this Jan

So your saying at least hit the 8 month point with finasteride, before deciding any other move? I will do that even though this is the worst in this last month, I feel the hair condition and exposure of crown and front hairline has accelerated alot.

I use oil twice a week to try to restore it so it's easier to style to a better condition, not frizzy.

I thought you were younger than 34, but still you are young. Almost everybody goes through a period where our hair is worse at the beginning of a treatment, just be strong in your mind and you will see results. I really think your hair would look great with a little bit of toppik on your hairline

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you were younger than 34, but still you are young. Almost everybody goes through a period where our hair is worse at the beginning of a treatment, just be strong in your mind and you will see results. I really think your hair would look great with a little bit of toppik on your hairline

Yep I am already using toppik, I try not to I just don't like the idea of using it to be fake for a while and paranoid anything rubs out but I do use it when I have to go out.

But these things when you see yourself "normally" when you wash or in mornings then your like "Ok that's what it really looks like"

I agree it's about being head strong - just sometimes your not sure if this is working or not. Yesterday I got my phone and run it over from behind to the front of my head. When I could see my scalp through my hair in the crown area it was actually such a depressing feeling.

And of course the hairline and temples are things you see everytime you look in the mirror.

The Dr who advised me to go onto Finastride, the main reason is to try methods without surgery to regain my hair and improve it. Considering I had done minoxidil. he said the best next step is bring in Finastride to hopefully regrow thicker versions. Before thinking of anything like a system or a transplant. System feels out now after what you said ;p

(Though there are actors I have heard who use partial systems that just cover the areas they are worried like a crown or hairline, not sure if that's true)

https://www.quora.com/Does-Ranbir-Kapoor-wear-a-wig

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not sure if it's working because you are looking at your hair everyday and nothing can change in a day. Just be patient, take pictures every month and follow what I told you in my previous post.

You should consider a hair system only if you hit NW5 and you really feel you've lost the battle with your hair which you are far from.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
5 month back on treatments. Couldn't be happier :)

Attachments

• 27049015_1792405157499260_1211468708_o.jpg
    27049015_1792405157499260_1211468708_o.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 363