2 years on finasteride and rogaine

yid_1984

Reaction score
From Oct 2012;Minoxidil once at night and 1.25g of finasteride in the mornings everyday ( maybe missed 3-4 days while travelling).

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 12,769
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 31,158
  • leftside.jpg
    leftside.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,905
  • rightside.jpg
    rightside.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 36,783

bram1988

Reaction score
Amazing results! Congrats. When did you start seeing results? how have you experienced shedding?

yid_1984

Reaction score
Amazing results! Congrats. When did you start seeing results? how have you experienced shedding?

started noticing the positives after about a year being on it

Plently of shedding phases in between. I guess the key is to persist and not lose your sleep over it

Not sure how much longer the positive effects would continue... tempted to switch to dutasteride soon but worried about dutasteride side effects.
Any idea how long people have enjoyed gains on finasteride+rogaine regime ?

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
How long before you started to se your hairline growing in? Did you notice any improvements after one year?

yid_1984

Reaction score
How long before you started to se your hairline growing in? Did you notice any improvements after one year?

Atleast a year before i noticed it... and it is true that it gets worse before it gets better.

i still see the shed and growth cycle happening. I am wary of the effects waning though...hopefully not anytime soon.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
oooh ok. Been on it for 6 month good to hear regrowth can come even after one year!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's some very impressive hairline growth. You prove that finasteride and rogaine do in fact work on the hairline, congrats!

Reactions: KSA

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you apply the minoxidil all over or at the front? Good results! Would you say finasteride or minoxidil was responsible more for regrowth at the front? Oh and sides from either meds?

yid_1984

Reaction score
Did you apply the minoxidil all over or at the front? Good results! Would you say finasteride or minoxidil was responsible more for regrowth at the front? Oh and sides from either meds?

Yes..I applied it on my hairline and crown

Hard to say what is responsible though.. I've used the two all along since i started 2 years ago..

no sides yet :)

- - - Updated - - -

wow looks great, did you get any sides from finasteride?

Nope

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
The result is reasonable, you had much regrowth. It would be better result if you use minoxidil twice daily ! the people who think using minoxidil one time is the same as using twice daily are wrong. FDA aprroved it for using twice daily.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
Dont see much difference

serious? the results at the temples and hairline are pretty amazing. The crown didn't 'improve' much since there didn't seem to be any real loss. His crown area is just naturally thinner, compared to a really dense crown.

yid_1984

Reaction score
Yeah.. but its weird having rogaine on in the mornings when you need to work.. fairly uncomfortable.