2% Nizoral for 5 month everyday

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
stick to the real stuff. gemeric nizoral is pants. plus im certain 2 percent works way better.

There is no difference in the two, so if you are thinking of buying it and need to save some money don't read into this, generic is fine.

They both have the same active ingredient and that is the ingredient that has been attributed to helping hairloss.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
Joachim- said:
I am now using Nizoral 2% and Head & Shoulders alternatively.

You should drop the head and shoulders, there's evidence that it causes hairloss.

I alternate with nizoral and johnsons baby shampoo

IBM

Reaction score
guybrush said:
CCS said:
Ketaconazole is expensive. Good stuff though. The best deal I could find is 3 100mL Nizoral 2% bottles for $53.

Sounds pretty expensive. Ketoconazole shampoo (100ml) costs 6,45€ - that is 4,87$ - in my country. :whistle:

I pay 10 euros (Portugal).

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you harm the hair follicles using the nizoral 2% every day?

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think its the follicles that are at risk from harm. Nizoral works by reducing sebum. Sebum has a role of moisturising the hair to protect it from damage. Over use of nizoral would dry your hair out to the point were it is vulnerable. Its best not to use it everyday for this reason. However you can counteract this problem using conditioner or petroleum based products which would provide moisture and protection to your hair.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks follicle84

I just wanted to achieve better results (regrowth) using the nizoral 2% more than 3 times a week

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84,

I haven't gotten your point..

ali777

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
I dont think its the follicles that are at risk from harm. Nizoral works by reducing sebum. Sebum has a role of moisturising the hair to protect it from damage. Over use of nizoral would dry your hair out to the point were it is vulnerable. Its best not to use it everyday for this reason. However you can counteract this problem using conditioner or petroleum based products which would provide moisture and protection to your hair.

:agree:

I use it 3-4 times a week as opposed to twice a week. However, after I rinse it off, my hair feels very dry. So, I apply a standard conditioner and everything is fine.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I seemed to have crossed threads on that last post either that or im losing my mind lol. I've replaced it with a smily face sorry for the incovenience.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, is your hair the same as when you started? If it is, then it is definitly mantaining! is this the only thing you do to treat your hairloss?

How do you go about gettign nizoral 2%, like how do i get a prescription. I can't really go to the doctors and say i have dandruff when i don't =D

I'm using Revita everyday for about a month now, not sure if it's doing anything but one can hope lol. It's only 1% though.

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
imlosinit said:
Renren16 said:
I was poking around looking at retinol for wrinkles when I discovered this little study on accident that was done in Japan.

http://www.keepingmyhair.com/japanese-s ... toconazole

I guess I wasn't to crazy to start using it everyday.

I notice that, on that link, they refer to Nizoral CREAM.

Do you need a prescription to get that?

Is the shampoo (2%) adequate?

Yep, shampoo is OK.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw that report on the Japanese experiment a few weeks ago too.

The 2% Nizoral is available off the shelf in the UK. It costs about £7 for 100ml (4.5oz)

lpm2

Reaction score
In the UK you can also get your doctor to prescribe it... same price, triple the amount of product!

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Nizoral (and only Nizoral) for probably 5 years. I didn't even know people were using it for hair loss, I just used it for dandruff. EVERY day, by the way.

Anyway, in that time I have gone from a NW1 to NW3. I'm balding at about the same rate as my dad did and my brother is, so I doubt it had any effect.

Mopless

Established Member
Reaction score
Shampoo seems to do more for me then the cream. I tried 2% cream for 6 or so months and it did not give me any noticeable regrowth. However, I cannot say my hairloss become any worse either, so it may have helped me maintain. The shampoo seems to help me more in the aspect that it makes my hair look better. Sometimes it does make my hair dry though. I add a little polysorbate 80 to it to help lessen that though.

Been thinking about add grapeseed extract instead. Any other penetrates you guy recommend to add to my nizoral?

grove12345

Reaction score
ive used it for a while back in the day. maybe 3xs a week. That stuff DESTROYED my hair, and i mean my whole head of hair. I had to shave everything off for about a month. Luckily it all the hair i lost grew back in the following months.

I caution people who want to try nizoral for hair growth.

I stopped my greasy dandruff and shedding by using very natural watered down shampoos only 2x a week.