2% Nizoral for 5 month everyday

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
You definitely had some growth, congrats man! I think I'm going to pick up a bottle when I start Rogaine and up my routine, probably around christmas.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I see improvement, btw does nizoral burn your scalp using every day the 2% can be little bit harsh to the scalp.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The hair infront of the crown definately looks healthier/thicker - And the crown looks no worse.

Well done man - Awesome results, looks a bit better than just maintaining.

Epiphany

Reaction score
I think I notice improvement in those pics. Nice work.

I've been on finasteride for just over 19 months and I've used Nizoral on and off. However, I cut my hair medium-short (from quite long) for the first time in ages and have started using Nizoral again. It really does make the hair look healthy and quite thick. It does give it a "fluffy" quality on the day you've used nizoral, but a bit of wax or hair clay sorts that out.

finasteride has maintained at worst, and thickened my hair at best (if it's not just the shampoo doing it) so I'm hoping that being more consistant with nizoral will give it a push.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
just a small update.....its been 2.5 months...still nothing major..im adding rogaine foam later this week..ill most likely be applying once a day instead of two..i got good results a year ago on it..hopefully they will return and i know this time i wont be scared of a sheds or anything

and to the guy who posted picture...i dont know if the nizoral worked as well as yer saying..yer hair looks longer to me....its only been 2.5 months for me using everyday with finasteride..so im gonna try to go a 6-12 months b4 ill notice anything..good luck to all and honestly the best advice is to stay off the boards and ride any shed that happens...there is no advice anyone can give on sheds..no one knows how long they last..just ride em out...good luck to all

ps
ive been taking pics and i buzzed my head on #2 on top and #1 on sides..so well see if it works..sorry if im confusing anyone..just got home and im a bit intoxicated :punk:

sjackson

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the anti-dandruff shampoo Nizoral that you can buy in any drug store? :lost:

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The nizoral you buy in the drug store is 1%. You can get 2% with a prescription or from an
overseas pharm.

sjackson

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
i think sjackson is stoned

Eh? Just curious why you'd use an anti-dandruff product for hair loss (if that's the product you're talking about). I'm not a pro at this. Or is this a special shampoo designed to help with hair loss? On the Nizoral website nowhere is help with hair loss discussed.

Is Trutar shampoo the same thing? My dermatologist once prescribed trutar, should I be using that?

CCS

Reaction score
Ketaconazole is expensive. Good stuff though. The best deal I could find is 3 100mL Nizoral 2% bottles for $53. That is a bit more than the price of 3 180mL bottles of Nizoral 1%. If I do buy the nizoral, I'll just use the 2% on my thinnest areas and the 1% everywhere else, and I'll make sure it stays in my hair at least 5 minutes.

The cream is $34 for 3 15 gram 2% tubes. You could go through that fast, and I don't think the cream would make it through thicker hair. Much less Ketaconazole for the dollar.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
well its clear from those pics that you certainly havent lost any ground. If this was a thread about propecia, everyone would say "wowww cograts you maintaned and improved a little" but you might not get those responses, so ill say congrats

:D

CCS

Reaction score
I would use Nizoral every day, but I figure it is better to use Piroctone Olamine rotated in to maybe get some synergy.

CCS

Reaction score
get the generic 2% from Inhouse. Cheapest source by far.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm using it for everyday 2% nizoral for about to two months
previously i used 1% and i got a great result..

once i stopped heavy shedding .now i'm with niz2% everyday its slowdown my shedding and i saw good density..

great nizoral

blizeH

Reaction score
Since using this three times a week, I've noticed if anything my hair is coming out more than ever!

Is that normal in the early stages or....?

Joachim-

Reaction score
I really love your success story. My hairloss was mainly due to the used of Roaccutane and I am now using Nizoral 2% and Head & Shoulders alternatively.

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
I just read the original post. To be honest, I don't see any regrowth but at least you maintained. Congrats.

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CCS said:
Ketaconazole is expensive. Good stuff though. The best deal I could find is 3 100mL Nizoral 2% bottles for $53.

Sounds pretty expensive. Ketoconazole shampoo (100ml) costs 6,45€ - that is 4,87$ - in my country. :whistle: