2.5mg of dutasteride reaching a steady state?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Aromasin is a stronger AI than Arimidex, and is supposed to have less side effects and is less harsh on your lipids, and is even shown to improve bone density, in woman atleast. Its the AI of choice. Its supposed to be better at reducing estradiol, the worst estrogen.

It's a favourite among many bodybuilders.

Dont bother with rebound reloded, gyno isnt something to play around with.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Do you know where I can get some of this Aromasin stuff?

PS, on the United Pharmacies FAQ page they say that they ship to Canada. They don't have Aromasin on there though :(

T

Timi

stampede said:
stax said:
Aromasin is a stronger AI than Arimidex, and is supposed to have less side effects and is less harsh on your lipids, and is even shown to improve bone density, in woman atleast. Its the AI of choice. Its supposed to be better at reducing estradiol, the worst estrogen.

PS, on the United Pharmacies FAQ page they say that they ship to Canada. They don't have Aromasin on there though :(

stampede

Your Hair today good??
have you become New Hair in the Front?
Hairs more thickly all over?

Timi

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
stampede said:
stax said:

stampede

Your Hair today good??
have you become New Hair in the Front?
Hairs more thickly all over?

Timi

Yes, yes and yes :)

Which makes the gyno thing all the more frustrating.

T

Timi

stampede

Yes Yes Yes
VERY GOOD :bravo:

gyno is sh*t

but i think you have succes with a lower Dose
and take not sooo high Dose and the Gyno goes back

Timi

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
stampede

Yes Yes Yes
VERY GOOD :bravo:

gyno is $#iT

but i think you have succes with a lower Dose
and take not sooo high Dose and the Gyno goes back

Timi

I don't know if a lower dose will have such amazing results :(

And I really hope I can sort this gyno out and get back on at least 0.5mg a day dutasteride. I'm trying to be disciplined at the moment and only take 0.5mg every three days.

T

Timi

i make a attempt dutasteride Dayli 0,5mg i had big Prostata pain
burning as fire

red eyes and watter eys

Timi

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
i make a attempt dutasteride Dayli 0,5mg i had big Prostata pain
burning as fire

red eyes and watter eys

Timi

Really?

I had less sides on dutasteride than I did on finasteride (except for the gyno of course).

The tiredness/brain fog/slight depression/penis shrinkage I suffered whilst on finasteride went when I started dutasteride

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stampede, you can get Aromasin at Elitenet Pharmacy

And for Timi, your getting Prostate pain probabbly because of exess Estradiol caused by dutasteride.

IMO, everybody should be using low dose Aromatize inhibitors when using finasteride or dutasteride, as DHT itself is a potent estrogen antagonist, so not only are you lowering DHT, but Estradiol increases. Not very good imo.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers man.

Elite net pharmacy - you sure they're legit? If so I'll put in an order :)

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well im pretty sure as ive ordered from them before, and got the same side effects i usually do.

Also, it think it would be hard to counterfit all of the real legit products no?

others have chimed in and said they are legit, but not too many people use them i guess.

I posted a thread here and at hairloss talk, and a few chimed in a said they are legit, no bad comments about them, but again, not too many people use them i guess.

http://www.alldaychemist.com/

They have aromasin aswell, but its more expensive there.

CCS

Reaction score
stampede said:
Cheers man.

Elite net pharmacy - you sure they're legit? If so I'll put in an order :)

I know some of their stuff is, so I suspect the rest is too.

CCS

Reaction score
just put DHT gel (andractim from allsaintsclinic) on your nipples and dick, and skip the Aromatase inhibitors. Estrogen is good for your hair, and less estrogen means more testosterone which means more DHT. Make up your mind. Locally applied DHT will break down before it reaches your scalp. DHT does not last long in the blood. It is local only.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bro, nobody has ever used topical DHT to get rid of gyno, in all the reading ive done on tons of bodybuilding forums, and i mean a LOT of reading. Also show me a study or something stating how the topical DHT will break down before reaching the scalp. That sounds like pure bullocks to me. If its going to break down before reaching the scalp, it aint going to help with your gyno.

I dont by it, and i doubt topical DHT will even work when your using dutasteride. Bottom line topical DHT may have a small local effect, but it will get absorbed in your system. If it does help with your gyno then it will be hurting your hair, and if the effects are being blocked by dutasteride it wont do a thing for your gyno. DHT is a good anti-estrogen in itself, but its not as potent as real AI's like Aromasin for lowering estrogen.

Ive used dutasteride with a strong Aromatize inhibitor in the past, and got great and fast results with my hair.

I dont think estrogen is THAT good for your hair, certainly not good enough to stop your own natural hairloss in the first plce right?

I mean is estrogen was SO good for your hair, then why did you start balding in the first place? I guess the estrogen your body naturally produced wasnt enough?

Were not talking about totally reducing estrogen, were talking about keeping it under control.

Would you rather have prostate problems and a a pair of boobs just to "possibly" save a few hairs?

Plus, when using something as powerfull as Dutasteride, even at 0.5mg per day, your DHT is almost %100 inhibited, so just because you will have more testosterone doesnt mean more DHT if your using dutasteride to block the 5ar that is needed to do the conversion. It means more estrogen if you dont use a aromatize inhibitor, and if you do use one, you'll simply have more testosterone, which is a good thing. Reducing DHT that low with dutasteride is already a bad idea, because DHT is 4 or 5 times more potent of an androgen than testosterone, not to mention DHT binds to SHBG, leaving you with more FREE testosterone.

Ive read about a few cases where dutasteride lowered people's free and total testosterone, so i would definetly use some Aromasin, and even some supplement to lower SHBG, so your free testosterone doesnt drop.

Aromasin lowers SHBG a bit, but would look into another supplement to help there.

Also, i would never attempt taking more than 0.5mg of dutasteride per day, because your just looking for trouble, especially in the long run, its like suicide.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last questions bro - what dosing do you recommend for Aromasin? Should I take it continually or cycle it?

And should I take tamoxifen with it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stax said:
I dont by it, and i doubt topical DHT will even work when your using dutasteride. Bottom line topical DHT may have a small local effect, but it will get absorbed in your system. If it does help with your gyno then it will be hurting your hair, and if the effects are being blocked by dutasteride it wont do a thing for your gyno.

I agree with you that it remains to be seen exactly how much of a "local" effect topical DHT has, but I'm not sure what you mean by the effects of topical DHT "being blocked by dutasteride". Was that a typo? Dutasteride wouldn't block the effects of exogenous DHT.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, so If one applied topical DHT to their chest, and it got absorbed systematically, Dutasteride wouldnt block the effects?

If not, then it "might" help with gyno, but it WILL hurt your hair too. One is a lot better using an aromatize inhibitor. Something like Proviron will help bodybuilders with some of the estrogenic side effects when using testosterone, because DHT is an estrogen antagonist and it blocks some of the effects of estrogen at the receptor sites, without really lowering the total amount of estrogen in the body. It also has some mild anti progestin effects.

There is no point to use topical DHT, if you want the effects of DHT then one should just quit using Dutasteride.

I really hate the idea of using Something like Dutasteride, and even Finesteride, unless one's DHT is above the normal range and you need to control it. But it does work great for people with hairloss.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stampede, i would lay off the Tamox for now.

I would try 12.5 mg of Aromasin EOD to start, and see where that gets you. If you need to switch to every day. You dont want to lower estrogen too much as men still need a bit for healthy lipids, bones, sex drive, brain function, immune system, seratonin,ect. But men dont really need that much, the lower end of normal range is ideal.

If you start noticing your sex drive is taking a hit, and your getting fatigued, then your taking too much. But you want to get your gyno under control so put up with the possible sides untill it goes away. I would also stop taking 2.5mg of Dutasteride and use 0.5mg. Your just asking for some trouble eventually with that dose. I think you'll do very good on 0.5mg, it might take longer to notice the results but its your health here.

P.S. - I dont know your physical status, but its recommened to try and lose some body fat, because the less body fat you have, the less aromatase enzyme's will be present, thus naturally lowering estrogen. Aromatase enzyme's are found in fat, muscle, skin,ect.

Pondle

Reaction score
stax said:
so If one applied topical DHT to their chest, and it got absorbed systematically, Dutasteride wouldnt block the effects?

No because dutasteride binds with 5AR enzymes, not with DHT itself.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good point, so its just the same as if one would use Proviron at the same time as Dutasteride, Dutasteride wouldnt block the effects because proviron is prety much like orally activated DHT.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stax said:
Hey Bryan, so If one applied topical DHT to their chest, and it got absorbed systematically, Dutasteride wouldnt block the effects?

Like Pondle said, I believe the only known function of dutasteride is to bind to the 5a-reductase enzymes. It definitely doesn't bind significantly to androgen receptors, and it doesn't bind to DHT itself (it's not like equol, in other words).

stax said:
There is no point to use topical DHT, if you want the effects of DHT then one should just quit using Dutasteride.

Well, I suppose it's not out of the question that it might have at least _some_ "local" effect where applied topically, but I don't know if that's ever been tested. I think the odds are against it though, because there's not much in the way of support for the topical use of other sex hormones or their derivatives, including estrogen (Kligman found no "local" effect at all, in a study many years ago on topical estrogen) and finasteride (the results of topical finasteride studies have been all over the map). So I wouldn't bet the farm on topical DHT, either, until I've seen some serious research on it! :)

There may at least be some hamster studies on topical DHT which I'm forgetting. I'll have to look into that.