(19 years old with very agressive Androgenetic Alopecia) my hair = my life

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of camera or app do you use? The app I use doesn’t have clear focus photos

letstalkabouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello everyone,

in this post, I will post the evolution of my hair.

To recap, I started to lose my hair at the age of 18, my hair loss was very aggressive, with a diffuse thinning on the whole 1st third, in only 1-2 months, I could not style my hair anymore, I lost hundreds of hairs. It was the worst period of my life, if I continued to lose my hair at this rate, today I would be in a grave.

I managed to find a doctor who put me on finasteride 1mg a day. The effects were excellent for 7 months (I started the finasteride in December 2020), then in August I started to lose my hair again, the loss was less brutal, but again present, my skin had become oily again, I started to have pimples again, and my libido was back to what it used to be, and all the 1st third was thinning. After 2 months of refinements in spite of taking finasteride at 1mg daily, in addition to many shampoos and food supplements, I have switched since two weeks to dutasteride, three times a week (0.5mg) in addition to finasteride every day, and 5mg of oral minoxidil, from October 2021.

I am already seeing improvements on the 1st third, I think it is because of the oral minoxidil, the duta should work in the next few months.

I didn't manage to find all the pictures of my hair loss, when I was losing a lot of hair, but here are some of them
Thank you for sharing and being so brave!! What a supportive commnity.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy moly this is unnecessary. From the pics you provided i couldnt see any signs of male pattern baldness.. You even still have your juvenile hairline! Im not a medical professional or anything but this looks far more likely to be a case of BDD than Androgenic Alopecia. I completely understand the mental peace of mind you'd have from being on powerful, preventative treatments but to do so with no signs of balding at all is reckless and stupid. Treatments do not stay effective forever and what you're risking is eventually developing genuine male pattern baldness that cannot be treated as your body becomes tolerant/resistant due to years of needless treatment.
I dont doubt your hair became thicker on oral minoxidil either, but this will happen to all hair on someones body, its not exclusive to DHT affected hair.. that would be nonsense. Please reconsider and ween off these treatments. You dont need them, and if you eventually do then you'd want them to be as effective as possible.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i see what you mean. your hairloss started and unless you jump on finasteride you will lose it all

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy moly this is unnecessary. From the pics you provided i couldnt see any signs of male pattern baldness.. You even still have your juvenile hairline! Im not a medical professional or anything but this looks far more likely to be a case of BDD than Androgenic Alopecia. I completely understand the mental peace of mind you'd have from being on powerful, preventative treatments but to do so with no signs of balding at all is reckless and stupid. Treatments do not stay effective forever and what you're risking is eventually developing genuine male pattern baldness that cannot be treated as your body becomes tolerant/resistant due to years of needless treatment.
I dont doubt your hair became thicker on oral minoxidil either, but this will happen to all hair on someones body, its not exclusive to DHT affected hair.. that would be nonsense. Please reconsider and ween off these treatments. You dont need them, and if you eventually do then you'd want them to be as effective as possible.
i saw that you take oral minoxidil, for you which one is better, tablet minoxidil or oral liquid minoxidil ?

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrSnow as you get older your hair changes it won't look as thick as when you were younger but that's natural. The wet hair pictures isn't balding that is just your crown pathing.
I suggest you lower the dosage of min / finasteride an monitor your hair situation

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
i saw that you take oral minoxidil, for you which one is better, tablet minoxidil or oral liquid minoxidil ?
I never tried applying liquid minoxidil but from my experience with drinking minoxidil it works.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BDD or not my worry would be adding more stuff to this regime considering the current level of hairloss, which is evidently extremely minimal compared to average even at 19 years old, could end up being counter productive. I don't use nizoral, in fact I hate the stuff, but if I had the OP's hair I wouldn't dream of messing with regime any further. He's extremely lucky to have such minimal hairloss at 19 imo.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have talked me into trying oral minoxidil. I have tried the pills & some medical doctors are trying it. I have a kilo lying around the house. I’m going to get my mini scooper..10mg and mini scoop a scoop in my coffee.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With oral minoxidil you know it’s working if your heart starts to beat faster. You can alleviate that by drinking water..
Also I have bottles of Duasteride to use topically, but it only works a little.. so I started takkk in ng hald dose orally. Together seeing some better results…

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With oral minoxidil you know it’s working if your heart starts to beat faster. You can alleviate that by drinking water..
Also I have bottles of Duasteride to use topically, but it only works a little.. so I started takkk in ng hald dose orally. Together seeing some better results…
i have very nice results with the combinaison between fina/duta/oral minoxidil/ 2% of ketoconazole

actually i am norwood 0 i hope that i will be norwood -1, with the same hairline like indian women, it is my dream with the same density as well

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't look like you're going bald. But you do have issues. They're not to do with your hair.

Trust me, girls find a bald guy 100x more attractive than a guy with a full head of hair who is obsessed with it.

I've shaved my head almost all my adult life and never had a problem with girls. Some girls even like it. Most don't care either way.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any problems in his hair, the dry hair density is great, he has a wall of hair in his hairline and I don't see any recession.
I recommend at most a visit to a good trichologist who will be able to confirm or not the health of the hair

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend at most a visit to a good trichologist who will be able to confirm or not the health of the hair
You don't need that. If you can't tell by looking in the mirror then it's not worth worrying about. You will notice a year or more before anyone else.

If you need a doctor to look at your head under a microscope to know if you're going bald or not, you're not going bald. Or at the very least you don't need to freak out about it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf u got Beautiful thick jesus hair. My god ur sexy whats your number? You really shouldnt only focus on girls with that hair of yours, you look too good just to please women, you should go full BI with that type of hair dont let it go to waste man... Every human man or female would want a piece of you....

Last edited:

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf u got Beautiful thick jesus hair. My god ur sexy whats your number? You really shouldnt only focus on girls with that hair of yours, you look too good just to please women, you should go full BI with that type of hair dont let it go to waste man... Every human man or female would want a piece of you....
yes i know, a lot of girls look my face and my body, but it doesn't matter for me, i have a girlfriend and i just want she, otherwise since these pictures, my hair have been improve, and i won a lot quantity of new hair

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any problems in his hair, the dry hair density is great, he has a wall of hair in his hairline and I don't see any recession.
now it is nice, but before, the last year it was terribly